I think Normann will play because Farke will want him to be ready for the physicality of Watford, which is a hugely important game. No better way of learning the system than playing in the system. Even more so if Kenny is still injured.

Gilmour, Normann, McLean/PLM

Unchanged back 4 and elsewhere on the pitch.

• Like 1

If I had my way we'd just play Normann and Gilmour in midfield with Cantwell, Rashica and Tzolis behind Pukki. PLM hasn't shown enough for me to be starting every week.

Normann to get 60mins under his belt in place of the unavailable McLean. As you were other than that for me, if feasible for this game. Obviously all depends on how the international contingent look on their return & who/what Farke has had to work with & seen over the fortnight. The likes of Hanley/Gilmour/Pukki/Rashica clocked up plenty of minutes and/or mileage.

I wouldn't be averse to seeing the likes of Sorensen, Omobamidele or Idah see some pitch time if there are some tired bodies from the previous starting 11. I'd hate to be a centre-back seeing Pukki coming on for the last 25mins! Or Tzolis for that matter. Nice to have options & competition for places. 👍

20 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I don't understand why Keiran Dowell has been so readily brushed aside.

I think it's as simple as Rashica coming in for big money and an attacking midfielder being dropped for a deeper lying midfielder. When the squad gets strengthened previous regulars fall down the pecking order.

10 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I think it's as simple as Rashica coming in for big money and an attacking midfielder being dropped for a deeper lying midfielder. When the squad gets strengthened previous regulars fall down the pecking order.

I like Dowell, but I just think at this stage he doesnt have enough energy to challenge when we dont have the ball. His energy levels are that of a more luxury player, but without doubt he does offer a good range of passing/assists and goals & for that reason we do need to find space for him from time to time, but for me would vary dependent on the quality of the opposition.

57 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

Im wondering if that formation change was based on opposition, ie : we might go back to 4231 in games where we want to be on the front foot and get a win.

12 hours ago, Petriix said:

PLM hasn't shown enough for me to be starting every week.

In what way? Less creative than you hoped?

I think he's shown some good quality at this level so far, but is finding his feet a little still.  And first two were really tough games for everyone.

Once he's able to play his game and distribute the ball we'll see the best of him, he's got an incredible Crossfield pass which is could play into Rashica/Cantwell/Tzolis on the break. 

Certainly someone who can find the top corner outside the box, and gets stuck in too.  Only downside I've seen so far is that he looks a little lost at times, but that's fixed with more games(?).

22 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

In what way? Less creative than you hoped?

I think he's shown some good quality at this level so far, but is finding his feet a little still.  And first two were really tough games for everyone.

Once he's able to play his game and distribute the ball we'll see the best of him, he's got an incredible Crossfield pass which is could play into Rashica/Cantwell/Tzolis on the break. 

Certainly someone who can find the top corner outside the box, and gets stuck in too.  Only downside I've seen so far is that he looks a little lost at times, but that's fixed with more games(?).

For me it's just a positional and workrate thing. He's operating in the engine room of the team but seems to be a little lethargic in both attack and defence. Obviously it's been a baptism of fire with the opponents faced but he's just been noticeably slower than the players around him so the game is bypassing him at times where I would want him to be getting involved; even if it's just the odd off-the-ball block or foul, or just moving into space to create options when Gilmour or Aarons has the ball.

A recurring theme of the goals we've conceded so far seems to be PLM jogging back towards our box while the opposition midfield run at our back four. I know he's not the CDM we need, and the other two midfielders have hardly been on fire - and I'm also suggesting dropping Rupp/McLean too. I think we need a dedicated number 10 so that Pukki isn't isolated and the wide AMs can be a little less of a blind alley. So I just want a 2 man central midfield with Normann and Gilmour.

• Like 2

Krul

Arrons Hanley Kabak Williams

Normann Gilmour

Cantwell Lees Mellou Rashica

Pukki

Tzolis,  Sargeant/Idah & Rupp to come on as subs provided no injuries. 

Arsenal have some issues in their team so I definitely think they can be beaten tomorrow. Partey and Gabriel are back from injury but Partey hasn’t played since preseason and I don’t think Gabriel had a preseason at all. There’s also doubts over Lokonga and Xhaka is suspended. 

I would like to see

Krul 

Aarons Omobamidele Gibson Williams

Normann Gilmour PLM

Rashida Pukki Cantwell

Normann should fit straight in despite DFs comments

Really hard as we have a plethora of options now. Want to put Dowell and Sorensen in but where ?

20 hours ago, Nawich Fann said:

I love the kit Arsenal use very nice colours not as good as the yellow though.

image.png

Arsenal's CM was a hit for Santana in 1970 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Monty13 said:

image.thumb.png.8934fb3f74019948cf768ef352156747.pngWell that’s unexpected

I'm SO pleased Omobamidele is starting. Amazing that Farke really does give youth such support....but as he says "no gifts from me". Anyone who watched Andrew in the ROI match will have seen how impressive AO is. Big player for us ahead. Amazing faith by DF.

• Like 2

It's got Rupp holding on the official FB page. Either way what the actual ****??? Has Rupp got something on Farke???? 

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

WHAT.png

Rupp on the wing... Rashica on the bench.. Normann not starting while injured Mclean does..

3WcNeh3.jpg

I think official Twitter feed formation is more likely, 433 Dowell on the right.

Fine with the attacking selections here, and so pleased with AO starting. However, the weak centre will not work. Normann the brick ****-house being left out is crazy. Soft underbelly will be the downfall of us here I think 

I like that Farke doesn't go with the status quo of whatever keeps fans happy. Especially when fans are notoriously wrong.

I'm interested to see how this midfield works although I'm sure with proper training and preparation Normann would be playing where Rupp is.

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Oh Dowell on the wing and Rupp.. At defensive mid..

That's even worse!

Why?