I think McLean has done more than PLM and Gilmour to warrant starting. To be honest, there is an argument for dropping both and having a midfield three of Sorenson, Normann and Kenny. I can't see that happening, but it's what I'd do.

I agree with the comments about McLean, think he should go in ahead of Gilmour. Can't see Cantwell being dropped for Tzolis just yet, given he's not played any first team minutes aside of the cup. I think Tzolis will have a big role to play this season from what I've seen, but expect the front 3 to remain the same for Arsenal and see him come off the bench (for hopefully more than the last 5 minutes please Mr Farke...!).

Tzolis will still be injured so won't make Arsenal.

Hard to see Normann or Kabak starting as they will have pretty much zero team training after international break.

Wouldn't be surprised if the team is unchanged from the Leicester one, as long as there are no injuries during the break.

• Like 1

McLean in for Gilmour for me but otherwise I agree, assuming Tzolis is actually fully fit by then (and has a face)

17 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Probably have to leave Tzolis out, he doesn't look very well. 

A bit grey.... Could do with a little colour back In his face.... 

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams

Gilmour  Normann Lees-Melou

Rashica     Pukki    Cantwell

Gunn Giannoulis Gibson Sorenson McLean Dowell Tzolis Sargent Idah

F*ck me. Is Tzolis an android?

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Kabak Williams

Gunn Giannoulis Gibson Sorenson McLean Dowell Tzolis Sargent Idah

Almost the same as mine - I think he'll stick with Gibson.                       

Krul

Aarons   Hanley  Gibson  Williams

I'd go back to 4-2-3-1 myself but it will be interesting to see how the 4-3-3 plays out with Normann:

Krul

Lees-Melou   Normann 

Rashica     Dowell/Sargent    Cantwell

Pukki 

Can't decide on who to play behind Pukki.

OTBC

I'd rather see Giannoulis than Williams. Just feel that Arsenal will be shot confidence wise and we need to take the game to them.

• Like 2

I think and hope Normann will start so Farke can stick him on his compatriot Odegaard and mark him out of the game. I’d also hope Kabak will start as I feel he’s best equipped to deal with Aubameyang. Full back selections will have to be spot on as Arsenal will probably go 4-2-3-1 and use Pepe and Saka as the wide options. Their defence is terrible so I’d certainly back our attacking players against their defenders. Also absolutely imperative that we don’t concede early so the crowd gets on their backs and we’ve got a real chance of coming away with at least a point from this game. 

• Like 1

Isn't it bloomin lovely to actually have a selection issue and quality to come in and play different systems.

Thought Billy looked a bit overrun by Leicester and should have been more streetwise for their second, Gibson had an off game but it won't define him and I would have no issues with either starting again. Seeing Rashica in 'the flesh' so to speak, proper quality direct player, hope he stays fit.

Tierney will cause problems, as could Aubameyang so giving Max some more support down our right would be my priority, perhaps even dropping PLM in favour of Sorenson to offer some extra level of screening down that side. Sorenson less likely to be found on the edge of the opponent's area and is a capable full back if Max overlaps.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, canarydan23 said:

I think McLean has done more than PLM and Gilmour to warrant starting. To be honest, there is an argument for dropping both and having a midfield three of Sorenson, Normann and Kenny. I can't see that happening, but it's what I'd do.

Gilmore hasn’t played in his best position yet. He’ll stay. As will PLM. 

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

Indeed. Once Gilmour drops out of defensive mid (where Normann will now play) and plays higher up at central mid alongside Lees-Melou we will start getting the best out of him I think

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jersey Canary said:

It'd be incredibly harsh on McLean. I have my doubts about his ability to operate consistently as a Premier League midfielder (jury also still out on Gilmour and PLM) but he was easily the best of the three on Saturday. Poor precedent to be dropped after that.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Indeed. Once Gilmour drops out of defensive mid (where Normann will now play) and plays higher up at central mid alongside Lees-Melou we will start getting the best out of him I think

There seems to be this cast iron expectation that Gilmour will be a hit. He's played 11 PL games at 20 years old. He had a great game against England at the Euros but then so did Hanley.

If he was going to be **** hot, I fear he'd have played a lot more by now. Not a great comparison as he's one of the hottest prospects in World football, but Greenwood is a year younger and has made nearly 70 PL appearances.

I fear a lot of stock is being put into his performance v England when in reality that will prove to be like the game Savage kept Pirlo quiet.

• Like 3

Lets just keep it tight, conceding in first 10 as is usual for City means a solid defence which is unusual for City.  Defence needs midfield support hope Normann will play with Kenny or Sorensen (unlikely Farke not keen) giving midfield muscle.  Lees Melou also to play deeper, Gilmour to play AM at last.

Longer game goes without Arsenal scoring more likely for City win.

Rather have 3 at CB as soon as practicable.  Once Kabak arrives and is bedded in. 

40 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

If that is what happens. Normann has probably played more games as one of the further forward midfielders, and nearly all Gilmour's minutes for Chelsea have been as the deepest midfielder. I don't think it is having Gilmour there that is the issue, more the midfield as a whole has looked disorganised. McLean coming in will help, but PLM has really struggled so far.

57 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

There seems to be this cast iron expectation that Gilmour will be a hit. He's played 11 PL games at 20 years old. He had a great game against England at the Euros but then so did Hanley.

If he was going to be **** hot, I fear he'd have played a lot more by now. Not a great comparison as he's one of the hottest prospects in World football, but Greenwood is a year younger and has made nearly 70 PL appearances.

I fear a lot of stock is being put into his performance v England when in reality that will prove to be like the game Savage kept Pirlo quiet.

Yeah I'm a bit of a Gilmour skeptic at this point- particularly unimpressed by the **** poor attempt at a tackle in the build up the second Leicester goal. My concern is he's the kind of player that needs to be playing in a team that is dominating the ball vs opponents who sit deep where he can show off the range of passing skills he has while not requiring him to get too physical. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I'd go back to 4-2-3-1 myself but it will be interesting to see how the 4-3-3 plays out with Normann:

Krul

Lees-Melou   Normann 

Rashica     Dowell/Sargent    Cantwell

Pukki 

Can't decide on who to play behind Pukki.

OTBC

I would love to see us play with this shape as I think it would better for us, in possession at least, but with Dimi at LB as I feel Williams hasn't proven to be much better so far. I think personally I'd give Dowell a shot as he looked up for it in pre-season, then can bring Sargent on if we're looking for a goal to effectively go two up top.

I hope Tzolis is fit soon, but think Cantwell has done enough to start. Not sure on Rashica yet, shew some glimpses against Leicester but still yet to see him a game where he's had a chance to show what he can do

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Yeah I'm a bit of a Gilmour skeptic at this point- particularly unimpressed by the **** poor attempt at a tackle in the build up the second Leicester goal. My concern is he's the kind of player that needs to be playing in a team that is dominating the ball vs opponents who sit deep where he can show off the range of passing skills he has while not requiring him to get too physical. 

My concern is he's not going to make the grade and we're putting a lot of eggs in the Gilmour basket. Less than a dozen PL games before coming here and at 20 years old. The three games I've seen of him, admittedly against top opposition, don't inspire confidence. If he was on loan from a team like Rangers, I don't think people would have the confidence in him that they seem to.

I just hope we've not committed to play him and he becomes something of a millstone.

2 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

I agree. I don't get the hype around him. He seems OK but nothing special and definitely should not be guaranteed game time if he isn't performing.

If we persist with a 3 man central midifeld without a number 10, I'd like to see Kenny, Normann and PLM together. They'd cover a lot of ground, can all tackle, can all progress the ball forward and I think that whilst their passing may not be as good as Gilmour, the overall positives would outweigh this negative.

Back on the subject, I genuinely have no idea who our best 11 is.. I'd say that only Aarons is a nailed on starter now.

• Like 1

Sargent has 3 games in 6 days and Pukki 3 in 7. Not sure who our other internationals are but we might be getting ahead of ourselves and tempting fate with injury.

If possible I would start Sargent and Tzolis and pepper that Arsenal box with crosses as there central defenders are pretty ropey. 

Vital we are physical and press their midfield hard so I'd have McLean, Gilmour and Normann in midfield.

I think this should be the line up:

Krul

Aarons

Hanley

Gibson

Williams

Gilmour

Mclean

Cantwell

Sergent

Pukki

Rashica

My guess! Normann will marshall the area in front of the defence in a position known as pivot. That's where his long range passing will come to the fore, with the runs of Rashica and Tzolis (in due course), down the inside right / inside left channels (one or both). It does seem that all the recruitment has been co-ordinated, with the emphasis on players who are able to complement each other. 

But more that that, he will release Gilmour to play a more progressive role, as numerous people have said, but maybe we will play twin pivots in some games, with Billy or McClean playing alongside Normann.

With everyone available, there are a lot of good players to squeeze into the side, says Mr Ob Vious. I believe that Todd in front of Max will work the right flank, on the other side Rashica will play in front of Williams). Rashica needs to develop his tracking back, and Williams needs to show that the errors are not integral to his game.

If Normann comes straight into the side at Arsenal, then someone will miss out and my money would be on Lees-Melou, who tired badly on Saturday. I would have Kenny ahead of Lees-Melou at the moment.

So, my side for Arsenal is:

Krul (or Gunn)

Max, Hanley, Kabak, Williams

Normann

Cantwell, Gilmour, McClean, Rashica.

Pukki (or Sergent).

Personally, I don't think we will see our best side until Onabamidele comes in for Hanley, Sargent for Pukki, and Gunn for Krul, to give us greatly improved distribution from our keeper.

Away at the Emirates in a vital game is a strange place to make big changes, but maybe Daniel will be considering starting Gunn, or Onabamidele, or Sergent. But I think loyalty will prevail, as it carries less risk. Whatever the case, I just cannot wait until Saturday week. 

Fingers crossed no body comes back injured. And odegaard gets an injury in training by normann and puts him out for a few weeks 🙄... to be fair this could do us some good as players who are lacking fitness can get minutes with respective countries 

https://www.pinkun.com/sport/norwich-city/ncfc-players-set-for-international-action-8285116

Apologies if this link has already been posted. Dave Freezer lists all the international dates / times and the Norwich players involved. Most concerning is the following:

"Most of Daniel Farke’s players conclude their international duty next Tuesday but Dimitris Giannoulis and Tzolis, as well as Rashica, do have matches on Wednesday. 

The biggest concern is striker Josh Sargent, who has joined up with the USA and is due to be in qualifying action in Honduras during the early hours of next Thursday. Kick-off is 60 hours before Norwich are due to be in action at Arsenal in the Premier League and the summer signing would be facing a flight back to London of over 10 hours, so could well be struggling for involvement at the Emirates."  

At least, Heathrow to Finsbury Park will be a breeze. Just can't see how Sargent could  even be ready for the bench, unless those nice comfy looking dugout seats at the Emirates stadium convert into flat-beds.

Edited by makham

I'm sure he could sleep on the plane back.

He's a young lad and will be already used to the rigours of playing for the USA and club football.

Will Josh S really play all those games, surely USA have other strikers certain to play than a youngster.

I think we may go three/five at the back to start with at Arsenal. Kazak comes straight in but Normann on the bench 

krul, Aaron’s, williams, Gibson, Hanley, Kazak, McClean, PLM, Gilmour, Rashica, Pukki.

make sure we stay on the game and have the options like cantwell, tzolis, Sargent, Dowell and Idah off the bench