Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

Off the books and loans out remaining?

Not Sitti has gone that means just 2 players left on the books that are not part of the team(s)

No. Pos. Nation Player
GK England ENG Aston Oxborough
DF Switzerland  SUI Timm Klose

Aston out on loan and Tim on a "mutual" please?

That would mean a few of the first teamers/fringe to go out on loan from...

Placheta?

Idah?

Omobamidele/Zimmermann?

Any others?

...for the the record I'd only like to see Placheta (and Oxborough) go out from the above althouh I'm still a bit confused on how many loanees we can play in any game, is there a listed difference between Prem and non-Prem loans?

Think DF may just give Placheta an opportunity this season to see what he can do in the Prem.. unless he’s asking to leave, which I doubt. 
Idah needs to remain the in the building really as we can’t go with just Pukki/Sargent and he’ll still get minutes with us I’m sure. 
Can’t see Oma/Zim going either, particularly if we want to try 3 at the back at some point. 

I must say I like the look of the squad right now. Let’s hope they can gel quickly and get on a roll. Hoping Tzolis recovers well and gets his PL start too 

4 minutes ago, spencer 1970 said:

Not Sitti has gone that means just 2 players left on the books that are not part of the team(s)

No. Pos. Nation Player
GK England ENG Aston Oxborough
DF Switzerland  SUI Timm Klose

Aston out on loan and Tim on a "mutual" please?

That would mean a few of the first teamers/fringe to go out on loan from...

Placheta?

Idah?

Omobamidele/Zimmermann?

Any others?

...for the the record I'd only like to see Placheta (and Oxborough) go out from the above althouh I'm still a bit confused on how many loanees we can play in any game, is there a listed difference between Prem and non-Prem loans?

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two other goalkeepers head out on loan. Rose seems to be our choice as U23s keeper for this season, so maybe McCracken and Mair could also head out to the lower leagues.

I'm not sure about the loan rules for players from abroad. The PL loan rules are well documented: you can have no more than two players on loan from other PL clubs at the same time, no more than four in a season in total, and you can't have two players from the same club on loan at the same time.

Exactly how the rules work with regard to loans from English clubs outside the PL (Championship clubs, for example) and foreign clubs, I'm not sure. Are we limited to two in Kabak and Normann, or could we hypothetically sign others?

I don't believe there are any PL rules that would stop us from fielding all our loan signings. One would presume that if we can legally loan four (or more?) players, we can legally have them all in the same matchday squad.

Wondering if our resident guru @Bethnal Yellow and Green has any insight on this? Or anyone else, for that matter? 🙂

Oxborough and Placheta to be loaned, but definitely not Idah or Omobamidele

Edited by Ken Hairy

15 minutes ago, York Canary said:

Think DF may just give Placheta an opportunity this season to see what he can do in the Prem.. unless he’s asking to leave, which I doubt. 
Idah needs to remain the in the building really as we can’t go with just Pukki/Sargent and he’ll still get minutes with us I’m sure. 
Can’t see Oma/Zim going either, particularly if we want to try 3 at the back at some point. 

I must say I like the look of the squad right now. Let’s hope they can gel quickly and get on a roll. Hoping Tzolis recovers well and gets his PL start too 

For me this is crucial , we've got a gem there who can make something happen...

4 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see one or two other goalkeepers head out on loan. Rose seems to be our choice as U23s keeper for this season, so maybe McCracken and Mair could also head out to the lower leagues.

I'm not sure about the loan rules for players from abroad. The PL loan rules are well documented: you can have no more than two players on loan from other PL clubs at the same time, no more than four in a season in total, and you can't have two players from the same club on loan at the same time.

Exactly how the rules work with regard to loans from English clubs outside the PL (Championship clubs, for example) and foreign clubs, I'm not sure. Are we limited to two in Kabak and Normann, or could we hypothetically sign others?

I don't believe there are any PL rules that would stop us from fielding all our loan signings. One would presume that if we can legally loan four (or more?) players, we can legally have them all in the same matchday squad.

Wondering if our resident guru @Bethnal Yellow and Green has any insight on this? Or anyone else, for that matter? 🙂

From what I understand of the loan rules, there is a hard limit on two domestic loans, and no more than 1 from any club. 

The Premier League rules don't mention international loans at all - which makes me think they are still considering 'short-term transfers' as was the case a few years back - and a club can therefore have as many as they like in the matchday squad. 

I have seen mention there is a cap of 2 international loans, but not sure this is correct. 

The Premier League do not have any rules that limit the matchday squad. So if they can be registered in the 25 man squad (or are under 21) they can be in the match-day squad. The EFL is different in it doesn't have rules about the overall squad, but limits what a team can put in the match-day squad. 

So if Norwich can sign Normann, Kabak, Williams and Gilmour - they can all play in the same game.

• Thanks 1

2 Foreign loans the max.

Placheta sick with covid uncertain prognosis.

Idah must stay little striking options.

Omodamibele needed for CB cover.

Zimm will stay can't see anyone who will want to pay any loan fee or wages.

Extra keepers got a few then ripe for loans surprised not yet arranged. 

Re the loan rules connundrum as discussed above

Domestic and international loans are treated differently. @Feedthewolf is correct in his description of the domestic loans

International loans are treated as short term transfers I believe - I think you are only allowed two of these AS WELL, but for clarity, there would be no issue with playing Williams, Gilmour, Kabak, and Normann in the same 11

Should remember that we have 9 subs available to us...all very well letting everyone out on loan but we dimish our matchday options.

It wouldnt take too many injuries until we're calling on the U23's to fill the bench

34 minutes ago, WSM said:

Re the loan rules connundrum as discussed above

Domestic and international loans are treated differently. @Feedthewolf is correct in his description of the domestic loans

International loans are treated as short term transfers I believe - I think you are only allowed two of these AS WELL, but for clarity, there would be no issue with playing Williams, Gilmour, Kabak, and Normann in the same 11

Thanks, that tallies with what @Bethnal Yellow and Green said above.

There doesn't seem to be any consensus on whether you can or cannot have more than two foreign loans, though; short of trawling through every PL club's Transfermarkt page to see if any of them have three or more, I'm not sure how we could clarify this. I guess it's a moot point for us, though, as our transfer business appears to have been done now anyway.

5 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Thanks, that tallies with what @Bethnal Yellow and Green said above.

There doesn't seem to be any consensus on whether you can or cannot have more than two foreign loans, though; short of trawling through every PL club's Transfermarkt page to see if any of them have three or more, I'm not sure how we could clarify this. I guess it's a moot point for us, though, as our transfer business appears to have been done now anyway.

Just looked through the Premier League Rules (Yes, I do have better things to do with my time, and no, I don't want to do them). 

Found the following rule; which means that there is a hard limit on loans at 4. This also means that should Norwich cancel on of the loans in January, they still would not be able to loan in another player. 

"the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;"

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Just looked through the Premier League Rules (Yes, I do have better things to do with my time, and no, I don't want to do them). 

Found the following rule; which means that there is a hard limit on loans at 4. This also means that should Norwich cancel on of the loans in January, they still would not be able to loan in another player. 

"the maximum number of Temporary Transfers to any one Club registrable in the same Season shall be four and in no circumstances shall more than one be from the same Transferor Club at any one time save there shall be excluded from these numbers any Temporary Transfer of the kind described in V.7.6.1 or V.7.6.2;"

Ha! Thanks for that, Bethnal. I guess the only counter-question is whether foreign loans count as 'temporary transfers' rather than the 'short-term deals' that you suggested they might be treated as if they're from overseas clubs. For the purposes of this exercise, though, I'm going to assume that you're right and we can't loan more than four players, period 🙂

1 minute ago, Feedthewolf said:

Ha! Thanks for that, Bethnal. I guess the only counter-question is whether foreign loans count as 'temporary transfers' rather than the 'short-term deals' that you suggested they might be treated as if they're from overseas clubs. For the purposes of this exercise, though, I'm going to assume that you're right and we can't loan more than four players, period 🙂

That is a good point...

Basically, the rule is as clear as mud.

But in the short-term, Gilmour, Williams, Normann and Kabak can all play in the same team so not much to worry about in the short term.

2 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

That is a good point...

Basically, the rule is as clear as mud.

But in the short-term, Gilmour, Williams, Normann and Kabak can all play in the same team so not much to worry about in the short term.

Indeed. Do we have an option to buy on the two foreign loans? Obviously not for Williams/Gilmour...

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Yes, options to buy both Kabak and Normann

I could totally have JFGI'd that, but I sensed from your earlier comments that you were seeking to procrastinate.

Happy to help a fellow procrastinator; we are the leaders of tomorrow, after all...

4 hours ago, curious yellow said:

I haven't heard the latest on Rocky, I don't think Coventry were interested. 

He ended up in Philadelphia IIRC.

(Sorry not sorry)

I've got Rocky Bushiri and Aidan Fitzpatrick still to be dealt with, but assume if not loaned out they will be back into the U21;

4 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I've got Rocky Bushiri and Aidan Fitzpatrick still to be dealt with, but assume if not loaned out they will be back into the U21;

Think Fitzpatrick has been released. Plus young keepers, McCracken & Mair or they are just going to end up not playing at all.