Sign in to follow this  
Making Plans

5 Live Monday Night Club

8 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Apart from Richards it’s very balanced. 

I sort of understand Richards point as well though. The national press have a view of us which is probably fair based on our constant relegations... this is the year for us to prove them all wrong, and I think we will do just that.

Really good listen, Chris Sutton actually referred to Norwich as "us" and "we". No idea if he normally does that but my brain says he doesn't because he hates us 🤣 

Nice to see the Norfolk boy defending us 👍

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Really good listen, Chris Sutton actually referred to Norwich as "us" and "we". No idea if he normally does that but my brain says he doesn't because he hates us 🤣 

Sutton has always talked complimentary of us, so far as I can recall? 

He's done well for himself. I didn't think he would make a good pundit, and some of his insight is questionable (like most!). But I think he comes across very honest and genuine, which has led to him being very well received. 

• Like 4

Was that Nedum Onuoha giving a really positive and well-informed response after Micah’s drivel? 
Remember them both being the ‘next big things’ at Citeh. Never realised how much of a difference there was in their levels of intelligence and articulation. Shame neither went on to fulfil their early promise 

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

He's always referred to us as "we". Still got family here and I'm pretty sure his late father was a Thorpe resident.  I saw Chris Sutton in Sainsburys a few years back. Should have mentioned it on here as a possible signing.

Edited by canarydan23

Thanks MP 👍

Well done Chris Sutton - basically called out the pundits that have been talking so much nonsense. And it was nice to hear him refer to City as "we."

Micah does have a point where he says that he's seen us win the league twice taking teams apart but when we start playing in the EPL we just don't look like we have enough. That's a valid criticism based on what has happened up to this point. What we need to see is the players we've brought in step up and drive the team onwards, the players that have started so far now have competition so they need to up their game to keep their place otherwise they'll be out in favour of the new boys.

Hopefully the competition for places will now heat up, team performances will be cranked up and that will lead to us being more competitive and get more points on the board. That's what this window is intended to achieve, let's hope it pays dividends!

I was listening last night and Richards is a joke. How did he get the BBC gig? He laughs a lot like Akabussi but has less football knowledge. According to him, playing 3 of last year's top five is "the way the cookie crumbles". Not that it is the reason we are where we are.

Surely his tiny brain could work out we have sold one player, on Championship wages I assume but have used that money to bring in 9 more players whose wages will amount to a hell of a lot of money that this club has never paid before.

Pundits are getting worse as they very rarely bother researching what they discuss.

4 hours ago, York Canary said:

Was that Nedum Onuoha giving a really positive and well-informed response after Micah’s drivel? 
Remember them both being the ‘next big things’ at Citeh. Never realised how much of a difference there was in their levels of intelligence and articulation. Shame neither went on to fulfil their early promise 

Pretty sure I read that Onuoha got 4, maybe even 5 straight As at A-Level, which he studied for whilst playing football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, canarydan23 said:

He's always referred to us as "we". Still got family here and I'm pretty sure his late father was a Thorpe resident.  I saw Chris Sutton in Sainsburys a few years back. Should have mentioned it on here as a possible signing.

Family have always lived in Horsford, although prior to his passing I believe his father was in a care home, and I dont know where that was.

Chris lives on the Norfolk coast.