Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Other clubs transfer news

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Remember when we were liked to him?

Yep! and then we decided to go up-market and buy Tzolis and Rashica

Kieffer Moore to Wolves seems to have stalled as they have only just now found out how much Cardiff actually want for him.

Edouard to Palace gone quiet, which is not a bad thing from our perspective.

16 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Kieffer Moore to Wolves seems to have stalled as they have only just now found out how much Cardiff actually want for him.

Edouard to Palace gone quiet, which is not a bad thing from our perspective.

Edouard deal now complete for £15m... not sure what to make of that really as I don't think he'll improve what they already have

I don't think Edouard is anywhere near Premier League quality, I wouldn't have been happy us spending £15 million on him. 

11 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I don't think Edouard is anywhere near Premier League quality, I wouldn't have been happy us spending £15 million on him. 

And for 70k a week wages 

Screenshot_20210831-220819_Sky Sports.jpg

Don't care if he's good value or not, but I'd just prefer it if our rivals were as weak as possible. He isn't going to get as many chances that for sure!

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Don't care if he's good value or not, but I'd just prefer it if our rivals were as weak as possible. He isn't going to get as many chances that for sure!

They are weakened by signing him, he's ****. 

Cardiff wanted £12million for Moore???? No wonder Wolves pulled out. 

Watching these signings many seem overpriced and a little desperate. Makes me realise just how good a job Webber and his team have done for us getting the:

- right targets (players with massive performance potential and massive sell on potential)

- right deals (not putting us over our heads in debt and unshakeable contracts)

- right time (ie not last minute)

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

He certainly didn't look Prem quality with that chance he missed in the Old Firm Derby at the weekend. 

3 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I saw someone describe Adama Traore as scary but not dangerous. He'll win loads of dribbles and look like he is doing something, but ultimately he never really creates anything and is mostly harmless. 

There are quite a few wingers like this, but Traore is probably the pinnacle.

A faster, more brutal Onel Hernandez imo. Traore played against us as a youngster for Villa and Boro I think - he looked really good on the ball but when you analysed what he actually did, it wasn't much. Off the ball, he was non-existent. He has slightly improved his final ball, but Spurs wouldn't improve a bid of £30m by the manager who knows him best. Most opposition players are now physical enough to see him off so he doesn't offer much threat anymore.

2 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Harking back, but we did very well out of that transfer

Around £10m 3 years ago, which along with the £22m for Maddison allowed us to pay off our debt and build a Championship winning team with Pukki, Buendia, Krul, McLean and Rhodes coming in. That was a very good window but not even close to the window just ended.

• Like 1