Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Other clubs transfer news

Anyone else notice that Brentford have been pretty inactive, seems like the Ajier money ate up most of their budget. Funny as people decried that we wouldn’t spend the extra 4 million.. yet that’s how much we’ve used on Kabak today, plus by the sounds of it being able to go in on Sargent, PLM and Tzolis.

Edited by birchfest
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Anyone else notice that Brentford have been pretty inactive, seems like the Ajier money ate up most of their budget. Funny as people decried that we wouldn’t spend the extra 4 million.. yet that’s how much we’ve used on Kabak today, plus by the sounds of it being able to go in on Sargent, PLM and Tzolis.

Now you're just teasing.

1 hour ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Daniel James Man Utd to Leeds - 30m! 

30m. What mugs. Oh hang on, does that make us bigger mugs for selling buendia for 33 rising to 38 😲

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Willian ripping up his £240k per week  contract with Aresenal so he can go and play in Brazil is an unusual one 

Home is where the heart is I guess my friend 

33 minutes ago, birchfest said:

No excuses then for finishing below them come May. 

8 hours ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Willian ripping up his £240k per week  contract with Aresenal so he can go and play in Brazil is an unusual one 

I doubt he ripped it up. More likely that Arsenal paid 50% or thereabouts to get rid of him. 

9 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Daniel James Man Utd to Leeds - 30m! 

Although the actual fee is likely to be less than that it's still way too much for a player who is inconsistent and unlikely to displace Harrison in the starting line up. 

Leicester have loaned in Lookman, and loaned out Praet, I am the only one that thinks that's an awful piece of business??

11 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Although the actual fee is likely to be less than that it's still way too much for a player who is inconsistent and unlikely to displace Harrison in the starting line up. 

On BBC in Yorkshire, they're saying £25m. So 75% of of Buendia.

Wolves in for Kamara who we were linked to so be interesting to see how he does... they're are also trying to sign Cardiff's Kieffer Moore which seems an odd signing. I can only assume panic is setting in for a lot of teams 😂 So glad we've managed to get all of ours over the line already.

7 minutes ago, crab man said:

Wolves in for Kamara who we were linked to so be interesting to see how he does... they're are also trying to sign Cardiff's Kieffer Moore which seems an odd signing. I can only assume panic is setting in for a lot of teams 😂 So glad we've managed to get all of ours over the line already.

Interesting that Spurs pulled out of the Adama Traore loan at the last second. Or did Wolves say no? Sure he cant shoot or score for toffee but honestly watching him recently it's surprised no top six clubs have come in for him he's immense when on the ball very much a one of a kind player

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Wolves in talks with Kieffer Moore, massively underwhelming if you're a Wolves fan.

But hilarious for us as the scum will have yet another one that got away to whine about 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Swansea  have lost Roberts (to Burnley) , Lowe (to Bournemouth) and Ayew (Qatar). Arguably 3 of their best players from last season. Also Grimes is being hunted by Fulham. With Hourihane going to Sheff Utd, Swansea could well find it very tough to get anywhere near last season's achievements.

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Swansea  have lost Roberts (to Burnley) , Lowe (to Bournemouth) and Ayew (Qatar). Arguably 3 of their best players from last season. Also Grimes is being hunted by Fulham. With Hourihane going to Sheff Utd, Swansea could well find it very tough to get anywhere near last season's achievements.

Sadly an example of what happens when you have big earners taking up wages you can no longer afford without being in the top divison.

9 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

It was the reported fees for the first two that surprised me. Total of £4m for Roberts & Lowe sounds ridiculously cheap

3 minutes ago, Year of the tiger said:

It was the reported fees for the first two that surprised me. Total of £4m for Roberts & Lowe sounds ridiculously cheap

High wage bill causing money problems perhaps? Can't imagine Ayew being on a low wage!

57 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting that Spurs pulled out of the Adama Traore loan at the last second. Or did Wolves say no? Sure he cant shoot or score for toffee but honestly watching him recently it's surprised no top six clubs have come in for him he's immense when on the ball very much a one of a kind player

I saw someone describe Adama Traore as scary but not dangerous. He'll win loads of dribbles and look like he is doing something, but ultimately he never really creates anything and is mostly harmless. 

There are quite a few wingers like this, but Traore is probably the pinnacle.

6 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I saw someone describe Adama Traore as scary but not dangerous. He'll win loads of dribbles and look like he is doing something, but ultimately he never really creates anything and is mostly harmless. 

There are quite a few wingers like this, but Traore is probably the pinnacle.

I would bracket Onel into that category

• Like 1