Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

So, who is getting sold tomorrow?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a big money sale tomorrow before the window closes. 

I could take losing Todd Cantwell. I think we have plenty of cover and might prefer to play a less attacking midfield. 

I'd prefer not to lose Max Aarons. 

Also, might see Omobamidele or Idah off on loans to the Championship. 

The last two most likely as they could benefit from a good full season somewhere. (The last person I said this about was Todd so what do I know.)

• Like 1

We'll see, but I'd be very surprised if either Idah or Omobamidele went somewhere on loan. Farke has made it clear on a number of occasions that he wants to have 3 centre forwards in his squad and 5 central defenders. 

• Like 1

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Idah and Placheta off on loan and Klose sold.

Agree with this 

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Idah doubtful but his comments about wanting more game time were interesting. Can only see him being an impact sub this season for the last ten minutes.

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I doubt we will get any money for Klose.

Idah won't be going anywhere, are people seriously suggesting we go with Pukki and Sargent only? Perhaps we can get Stiepermann back as cover.

Placheta possibly, but that could have happened last week if anyone was really interested.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I don't think it will be Placheta, he's still recovering from Covid.

26 minutes ago, Maltesecanary said:

Klose and placheta on loan 

I thought Klose was already gone, but anyway Klose sold, Zimmermann sold,  Placheta sold, a keeper sold and what to do with Sorensen and Dowell would like both to stay but go on loan for game time. 

Can’t see any of the CB’s going out on loan or permanent other than Timmy K. That will leave us with 5, and there’s every chance we’ll need every single one of them this season, when you factor in inevitable suspensions and injuries, not to mention if we’re blessed with a couple of good cup runs. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Can’t see any of the CB’s going out on loan or permanent other than Timmy K. That will leave us with 5, and there’s every chance we’ll need every single one of them this season, when you factor in inevitable suspensions and injuries, not to mention if we’re blessed with a couple of good cup runs. 

Would you loan out Dowell or Sorensen they deserve game time. Can you recall players out on loan if need be I don't know 

3 minutes ago, Mullet said:

Would you loan out Dowell or Sorensen they deserve game time. Can you recall players out on loan if need be I don't know 

I’m sure you can insert a clause to recall in January with prior agreement, but as to whether we should loan them out, Mullet, I honestly don’t know buddy - it’s a tough decision. I can’t forget how badly we got screwed with injuries last time around, though Sod’s law is we’ll retain them and then find we’re a bit luckier on the injury front this season. Damned if you do, damned if you don’t! 

1 hour ago, Ramrod said:

I wouldn't be surprised to see a big money sale tomorrow before the window closes. 

I could take losing Todd Cantwell. I think we have plenty of cover and might prefer to play a less attacking midfield. 

I'd prefer not to lose Max Aarons. 

Also, might see Omobamidele or Idah off on loans to the Championship. 

Krul as we have gunn and mcgovern. 

Aarons for 22.5m 

Cantwell for 20m rising to 30m if he has a haircut and plays 20 games for England by the time he's 24.

Pukki as he's now useless...

Joking aside, nobody. I'm sure we have enough money stored away in the coffers... 

• Like 2

I expect Sorensen to be loaned but Idah to stay. Would not want to lose Todd or Max. 
If we keep them both we give ourselves every opportunity to become an established premier league team. 

Klose mutual termination seems likely as not involved with the squad. Placheta loan perhaps. Can't see many others going as they are part of the main squad such as Sorensen, Zimmerman, Idah

Whilst we've used 4-3-2-1 in the first three games, it's by no means certain that we will do so against the 'bottom half' sides in the league. 

It is conceivable that we will use a 5-3-2 or 4-2-3-1 in those games, in which case we need all 5 centre halves and we will need Dowell and Idah. We need to be flexible and we will need everyone to play a part especially when a few injuries and suspensions kick in.

Apart from possibly Klose agreeing a termination of contract I don't see any other exits happening. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Beefy is a legend said:

Whilst we've used 4-3-2-1 in the first three games, it's by no means certain that we will do so against the 'bottom half' sides in the league. 

It is conceivable that we will use a 5-3-2 or 4-2-3-1 in those games, in which case we need all 5 centre halves and we will need Dowell and Idah. We need to be flexible and we will need everyone to play a part especially when a few injuries and suspensions kick in.

Apart from possibly Klose agreeing a termination of contract I don't see any other exits happening. 

The idea that we would loan Sorensen and Dowell out is ludicrous. They are both important members of the first team SQUAD. 

• Like 3

Klose on loan ? who to has been in Switzerland on beach for last 18 months, retirement beckons unless can find a Swiss club. 

5 hours ago, LaUnionCanary said:

The idea that we would loan Sorensen and Dowell out is ludicrous. They are both important members of the first team SQUAD. 

Sorenson's versatility is probably useful as a bench option too. I like Dowell, but he's going to have to work really hard to get into the first team.

Sorenson and Omobamidele will be starting players by 2nd half of season.  They are going nowhere.  Idah also as the option up front from the bench.

If Klose's gardening leave doesn't end soon, then that's a big oversight.

At least 2 goalkeepers out.

Job done for this window.

With Klose, there's no way we'll terminate his contract unless he has somewhere else lined up. Trybull went to Hannover, Tettey to Rosenborg, Leitner to Zurich and Stiepi to Paderborn very soon after they were released; why would Klose agree to a mutual termination to effectively be unemployed when he's still earning a big wage here?

1 hour ago, Feedthewolf said:

With Klose, there's no way we'll terminate his contract unless he has somewhere else lined up. Trybull went to Hannover, Tettey to Rosenborg, Leitner to Zurich and Stiepi to Paderborn very soon after they were released; why would Klose agree to a mutual termination to effectively be unemployed when he's still earning a big wage here?

Not necessarily true. A 'mutual consent' termination could happen whereby we pay a proportion of the remaining contract up front, releasing Klose from any further obligation to be in Norfolk and to train at Colney etc.

It would depend on factors including how keen Klose is to return to his homeland.