4 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Can't see it this window but maybe in January if he isn't getting games.

Yeah, this. 20 players in every matchday squad in the EPL, so we'll need him.

18 outfielders from (assuming Kabak signs): Aarons, Mumba, Byram, Giannoulis, Williams, Hanley, Gibson, Kabak, Omobamidele, Zimmermann, Sorensen, Normann, Lees-Melou, Gilmour, McLean, Rupp, Cantwell, Dowell, Tzolis, Placheta, Sargent, Pukki, Idah. That's only 23 players, so even if we have a fully fit squad there will only be five outfielders not involved every week (one of whom is Byram who may not get back to full fitness any time soon, and if we sign Kabak then at least one of Zimbo or Omo will also be surplus to requirements every week).

Having just typed all that out, it's a pretty decent squad, isn't it?

I don’t see where he’s going to get a decent level of time as he’s 3rd in the striking pecking order and looks nowhere near as dangerous as Sargent at this stage. I think a season long loan at Swansea/Boro or Blackburn or someone like that would do him a treat.

Can't blame him for wanting gametime, as he has missed a lot of games through injury as well as playing understudy to Pukki. I hope he will get more game time with us, either up front as a striker or wide left as Farke has used him on several occasions, but realistically, if a good club is available to loan him to short term, then it could be a good thing. Plenty of clubs would want him and should walk into quite a few championship teams.   Still only 20, but a run of games would do him good.    Swansea a good shout from @Jersey Canary .

Edited by lake district canary

I'm not sure, so far this season if he'd bought on Sargent and Idah Sargent has moved to the right. I think Idah is still a decent option when chasing the game, just needs to score more goals

I suspect he won't be the only one to moan about lack of game time this season. Huge squad to keep happy. Training will be pretty feisty!

42 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, this. 20 players in every matchday squad in the EPL, so we'll need him.

18 outfielders from (assuming Kabak signs): Aarons, Mumba, Byram, Giannoulis, Williams, Hanley, Gibson, Kabak, Omobamidele, Zimmermann, Sorensen, Normann, Lees-Melou, Gilmour, McLean, Rupp, Cantwell, Dowell, Tzolis, Placheta, Sargent, Pukki, Idah. That's only 23 players, so even if we have a fully fit squad there will only be five outfielders not involved every week (one of whom is Byram who may not get back to full fitness any time soon, and if we sign Kabak then at least one of Zimbo or Omo will also be surplus to requirements every week).

Having just typed all that out, it's a pretty decent squad, isn't it?

You've missed Rashica, but seeing as how Placheta is surplus, I guess that can be a straight swap and remain at 23 outfield players.

As for Idah, I think he's stuck in limbo again. He isn't quite good enough to start matches regularly with Pukki and now Sargent ahead of him in the pecking order, but we need a third striker and he's a good option. Ultimately, this probably won't do him a lot of good in the long run and it probably would've been better to loan out Idah for a full season of Championship football and kept the (admittedly slightly inferior) Jordan Hugill as third choice striker.

Idah is 20 now and has only started four matches in his professional club career and has played a total of around 800 minutes, which is less than nine full games. I'm a big fan of his and think he has a lot of potential, but these ten minute cameos won't really do much for helping him realise it.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

Wouldn't be a good idea to get rid of another striker. I think he's looked really dangerous in his brief appearances and he scored a few pre-season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You've missed Rashica, but seeing as how Placheta is surplus, I guess that can be a straight swap and remain at 23 outfield players.

As for Idah, I think he's stuck in limbo again. He isn't quite good enough to start matches regularly, but we need a third striker and he's a good option. Ultimately, this probably won't do him a lot of good in the long run and it probably would've been better to loan out Idah for a full season of Championship football and kept the (admittedly slightly inferior) Jordan Hugill as third choice striker.

Idah is 20 now and has only started four matches in his professional club career and has played a total of around 800 minutes, which is less than nine full games. I'm a big of his and think he has a lot of potential, but these ten minute cameos won't really do much for helping him realise it.

Christ, how did I miss Milot? *facepalm*

2 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Wouldn't be a good idea to get rid of another striker. I think he's looked really dangerous in his brief appearances and he scored a few pre-season. 

It would be suicidal. Pukki and Sargent will have a shedload of International matches in the coming months so it would seem the likelihood of them not been injured at some point is remote.

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

It would be suicidal. Pukki and Sargent will have a shedload of International matches in the coming months so it would seem the likelihood of them not been injured at some point is remote.

Totally agree. I would be furious if Idah is shipped out leaving us with only two strikers. Idah has been consistently hyped up by Farke but has been shamefully ignored by him on many occasions and very rarely gets any meaningful game time. He looked sharp when he came on v the Scousers and roughed up Van Dijk and very nearly got the equaliser v Leicester. Farke needs to stop placing so much faith in tr   

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Farke needs to stop placing so much faith in Pukki and treat the three strikers much more equally.      

This will apply to the whole squad though and might be where Farke is most uncomfortable. Farke likes a small squad and a virtually unchanged starting XI. He now has to balance new players getting game time vs (possible) poor performance of others vs strikers scoring goals vs defenders making mistakes vs getting results etc etc. 

It's absolutely fascinating to see how this will unfold.

8 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yes, let's stop having faith in our top scorer.

Pukki is still number 1 for me, would like to see him and Sargent on the same pitch when the time is right. 

But what do you mean "our top scorer"

Tzsolis and Sargent on 2 each, Pukku on 1 (and a penalty at that). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Pukki is still number 1 for me, would like to see him and Sargent on the same pitch when the time is right. 

Stab in the dark but league goals so far? 

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Tzsolis and Sargent on 2 each.. In the cup against Bournmoutn reserves and under 21's.

Meanwhile Pukki on 12 in the Prem. Pukki is from a stats pespective our current top scorer in this divison.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Tzsolis and Sargent on 2 each.. In the cup against Bournmoutn reserves and under 21's.

Meanwhile Pukki on 12 in the Prem. Pukki is from a stats pespective our current top scorer in this divison.

Bit of an odd methodology if you ask me, carrying over goals from 2 years ago.

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Bit of an odd methodology if you ask me, carrying over goals from 2 years ago.

In the basis we seem to be able to carry over 10 defeats it's not odd at all 🙃

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, nutty nigel said:

In the basis we seem to be able to carry over 10 defeats it's not odd at all 🙃

Beat me to it 😅

• Like 1

If anyone else goes out on loan in next 24 hours from the 1st team my moneys on Placheta, Idah still has a lot to give this season potentially whereas if we play 433 Placheta has about 4 players ahead of him.

Idah is a fantastic player who looks certain to go onto great things.

However, I think he should go on loan this season to help him get some more playing time.

IM still to see what others can in Idah, but im not a football expert.

Sargent looked a right handful on Saturday but we will see if that translates into goals.

It would be a worrying sign to have a player on your hands who isn't fussed about playing football.

Young and ambitious is fine. It's more than fine. 

10 hours ago, Mr Tea said:

IM still to see what others can in Idah, but im not a football expert.

Pace. power, strength. He's a superb athlete.

Needs the footballing intelligence though, and it may or may not come.

Wildschut had all the physical attributes to be a great winger, Otsemober a great full back, but both as thick as two short planks.

Wildschut had all the physical attributes to be a great winger, Otsemober a great full back, but both as thick as two short planks.

Yes!! Perfectly put 🤣🤣. You'd like to think with the talent idah is playing alongside and against he will shine. To be fair to the lad we had a glimpse against Preston with that cup hat trick what he really can do. I know it was a while ago but he's aged and progressed since then...

think Idah is more suited to a 442 side, has the potential to be a top goalscorer in the premier league. But needs a couple of seasons of playing regularly to get his 'mojo' and realise that potential. Would be tempted to sell in the summer if we stay up and he doesn't break into the squad... as long as we have a buy-back clause as part of the transfer 

Edited by Baracouda