Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Look who just Literally Bought a WHOLE NEW TEAM!!

Have we actually signed (sorry literally signed) Kabak? I can’t see any announcement from the Club? 
Please help. 

Now announced by the Club. Stand down everyone . 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

57 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Players have signed too even knowing we are a new PL team and for a couple of signings that we are on nil points. It says to me they must have some belief in the 'project' and our set up / resources etc as much as the money.

It's great too to keep reading that other 'big' teams have been following Tzolis, Rashica, Normann and Kabak. I realise the last two are loans so let's hope they make a difference and enjoy our area and playing style. Hope they buy in.

Yes, realistically with Normann and Kabak, they will probably stay if we stay up but will probably go if we get relegated, but that aspect works on both sides really.  I know we have a purchase option for Normann, not sure about Kabak.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonyc said:

Players have signed too even knowing we are a new PL team and for a couple of signings that we are on nil points. It says to me they must have some belief in the 'project' and our set up / resources etc as much as the money.

The loan-to-buy works for them too though and it's a bit of a free hit for them: if we stay up, they'll be happy to stay I presume, but if we go down then they can go elsewhere. 

We aren't lumbered with them if they flop, and they aren't stuck in the Championship if we go down.

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

No chance are they relying on future sales to cover the work this window.

Correct, but even though we aren't relying on future sales to cover these costs, it's worth noting that pretty much all of our permanent signings will retain their transfer value should the worst happen, which is a sensible strategy. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

That is absolutely no concern of ours. The money men will have done the calculations but we seem to have taken risks and are relying on Max and Todd being sold at some point to balance the books. 

3 are loans and 2 were already accounted for apparently. Plus the sale of Buendia I don’t think we have overstretched ourselves, which is even more impressive given those arrivals.

30 minutes ago, curious yellow said:

Has the club previously ever been able to field a team of full internationals? 

Ruddy; Whittaker, Martin, Bassong, Olsson; Tettey, Fer; Snodgrass, Hoolahan, Pilkington; Elmander.

No idea if that team actually did line up together in 2013/14, but they were all internationals who had been capped within the previous 12 months.

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Funny that. I just spent £35k on stock for my business. So I'm also relying on future sales... Strange how business works.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Thats a very, very solid second 11 to be fair. Pretty sure that 11 would be able to get promotion to the Prem

Kabak,  Gilmour and Normann won't be with us in the Championship...... but yes, they would if the were, if you get my drift. 

6 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

We've changed our mantra from 'Prudence with Ambition' to 'Profligacy with Ambition' 😉🤣

I'd say we're still prudent,  just a bigger purse, the strings are still tight  though. Bet the moneymen at the club have worn out a few calculators  working out the various permutations  as funds became available  and were used.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'd say we're still prudent,  just a bigger purse, the strings are still tight  though. Bet the moneymen at the club have worn out a few calculators  working out the various permutations  as funds became available  and were used.

Yep and it shows !

Much happier now than I was thinking about the gaps in our squad after Saturday's game.  Also much happier than last time we went up to the Prem. when many of our signings were clearly hopeful rather than solid, eg. Byram, Roberts etc.

No guarantees who will work out and how long it will take to bed the team together, but you have to say they've really given it a go this time.

3 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

That is absolutely no concern of ours. The money men will have done the calculations but we seem to have taken risks and are relying on Max and Todd being sold at some point to balance the books. 

3 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

24 minutes ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Funny that. I just spent £35k on stock for my business. So I'm also relying on future sales... Strange how business works.... 

Not entirely sure what you're getting at there dan.

3 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Not entirely sure what you're getting at there dan.

Unless I missed the context totally. It reads as if you are critical of the way this window has worked out as they are relying on future sales to cover it.

My point is simple. How on earth do you run a business unless you buy in new stock and then sell it!? 

Yeah, I'm saying the opposite if what you're taking from it for some reason. This window will have been paid for by sales already made and Premier League money.

Totally not a wum Cap Pants stated that this window will mean we won't be investing Cantwell/Aarons fees in the future.

4 loans. 2 out of last season's budget. Same old Norwich, not even trying to give it a go.

😂 this has to be a fish 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Yeah, I'm saying the opposite if what you're taking from it for some reason. This window will have been paid for by sales already made and Premier League money.

Totally not a wum Cap Pants stated that this window will mean we won't be investing Cantwell/Aarons fees in the future.

Correct - that’s how our model works and has worked for past two seasons 

Given the constraints & the parameters within which the club functions, it's a hugely impressive window. The best ever in my opinion. The squad has a nice balance of experience & potential. Players are here to further their careers & make a name for themselves. There is a high probability of resale value for the younger purchases. The loan market has been expertly exploited for both ins & outs. There are options, tactical flexibility and a healthy competition for places throughout the squad. Plenty of players surplus to requirements have been moved on. A huge thumbs up from me for Webber & his team. I'm genuinely excited to see what this group can achieve over the season.

Patience will still be required as they all need time & there will be plenty of setbacks I'm sure, but there's no comparison with two summers ago. Bravo! 👍💥

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

The loan-to-buy works for them too though and it's a bit of a free hit for them: if we stay up, they'll be happy to stay I presume, but if we go down then they can go elsewhere. 

We aren't lumbered with them if they flop, and they aren't stuck in the Championship if we go down.

And there is the third scenario, we stay up, the loans are superb for us and we buy, feel we have adequate  in reserve  and sell one or the other for a mahoosive profit. 

Edited by wcorkcanary
Fourth scenario is that they are rubbish , we stay up despite them and are lumbered with them.
  • Like 1

Cant wait until we get some wins and get praised from the pundits "for doing things the right way". We're just stealthily buying ourselves into Europe

I'm getting a bit melancholic. There is a completely different group in place now. The old is out, in with the new. 

I just want to watch Buendia play throughballs to Pukki til the sun explodes

The amount, and class, of the players we brought in this window has to change the dressing room I imagine, and a few of the players who were here originally need to either step up their game or watch their job get taken from them. I would love to be able to watch the next few training sessions.

I'll bet that our energy the next time out is unmatched. Unfortunate that we couldn't have a bottom-of-the-table-type next up on the schedule, but instead have to face Arsenal...oh wait. 

Would love to see this lineup against Arsenal. McLean/Lees-Melou is debatable and obviously Idah should be amongst the subs there somewhere, alas this app only allows for one sub per position. Cantwell/Tzolis also a difficult choice.

Never been this excited to see a Norwich XI before. With the additions of Normann and Kabak I am very confident we can be seriously competitive at this level now. Good strength in depth for a lower prem club too.

BCB8B26E-9CD7-4D43-8AD7-759CB0574814.jpeg

• Like 1

12 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Er where did I say this window? I said 'at some point'. We have contractual wages to pay on the players bought on permanents and have only removed Buendia from the wage bill.

If we don't get relegated then things should be fine. Get relegated I would have thought things will be extremely tight and will require Todd or Max to be sold.

19 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

When will we see them? Fitness aside, surely we can't afford to wait to bed them in? Or are they all off on international duty?

Is Kabak part of a back three, which I think I would prefer?

Surely Gilmour will move forward to his rightful position with old Normann Old Boys in the team. So who drops out?

There can be no doubt we are not trying to build a team for the Championship. I have no doubt our wages may be better but surely these boys are here for the EPL?

Gilmour's position is his position. That's where he's played for Chelsea in the past. Thing is, there he has Kante alongside him, or one of Chelsea's other many good midfielders. 

We may not see him start at all now we have our other midfield reinforcements sorted.