Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Look who just Literally Bought a WHOLE NEW TEAM!!

That'd be us.

Gunn

Williams  - Gibson  - Kabak  - Gianoullis

Lees Melou -  Normann  -  Gilmour 

Rashica  - Sargent - Tzolis 

Good grief - there's never been a transfer window even remotely like it before. 

• Like 23

And a flipping good looking team that should be too. We'll see mixing and matching with the players already here, but that is some transfer window work.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Like 1

It's nuts. I'd literally only ever heard of half of them a few weeks ago. It's like I'm a newborn. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Will it be good enough for that talksport pr!ck Alex Crook though??

I couldn't give a sh*t whether it's good enough for that d*ckhead or not.

I really, really hope that it will be good enough to keep us in the Premier League though. 

The weaknesses have been covered. It just remains to be seen if they are good enough. Well done Webber👍

• Like 4

When will we see them? Fitness aside, surely we can't afford to wait to bed them in? Or are they all off on international duty?

Is Kabak part of a back three, which I think I would prefer?

Surely Gilmour will move forward to his rightful position with old Normann Old Boys in the team. So who drops out?

There can be no doubt we are not trying to build a team for the Championship. I have no doubt our wages may be better but surely these boys are here for the EPL?

8 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Excellent work! 

The club's accounts will make for interesting reading.. the wage bill must be through the roof!

Yes, but not permanently so. 4 of the presumably most expensive are loans and we off loaded a lot of players as well. 

Edited by 1902

56 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That'd be us.

Gunn

Williams  - Gibson  - Kabak  - Gianoullis

Lees Melou -  Normann  -  Gilmour 

Rashica  - Sargent - Tzolis 

Good grief - there's never been a transfer window even remotely like it before. 

But they've lost the last 13 PL games🤔🙃

Great that we have so many new faces , just hope that they can work together as a team and we get a settled team not changes every week . 

49 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

Excellent work! 

The club's accounts will make for interesting reading.. the wage bill must be through the roof!

We've changed our mantra from 'Prudence with Ambition' to 'Profligacy with Ambition' 😉🤣

Excellent value for what we've spent. Take off the deals arranged last season and the Buendia money it's great business. 

Any more in/outs on the cards I wonder. 

We've made a lot of signings, and some very exciting. Tzolis would be my pick. 

However, a lot of the signings are young with next to no EPL experience. Essentially, unknown quantities. Therefore Impossible to judge at this stage how good, or not, the transfer window has been. As always, time will tell. Here's hoping!

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

Excellent work! 

That is absolutely no concern of ours. The money men will have done the calculations but we seem to have taken risks and are relying on Max and Todd being sold at some point to balance the books. 

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

On paper the best window in my lifetime, most certainly the most ambitious.

Yep, it probably just edges out summer 2013, pound for pound. van Wolfswinkel and Fer were big statement signings given their reputations, Olsson was a proven Premier League player, Redmond was one of the brightest young prospects in the country, Hooper cost a decent wedge and even Elmander was a big-name with bags of international experience.

That season turned into a nightmare given the expectations and playing squad we had assembled, so fingers crossed Farke can get more out of this squad than Hughton did from his.

• Like 1

That's a really impressive transfer window - plenty of people there who are likely starters or competing for a starting position. 

And the way the deals have been done is very sensible.  The only downside is having so many players joining when we've already lost 3 Prem games, but that's the way the transfer window works - often people won't commit to a deal until the deadline is looming.

Players have signed too even knowing we are a new PL team and for a couple of signings that we are on nil points. It says to me they must have some belief in the 'project' and our set up / resources etc as much as the money.

It's great too to keep reading that other 'big' teams have been following Tzolis, Rashica, Normann and Kabak. I realise the last two are loans so let's hope they make a difference and enjoy our area and playing style. Hope they buy in.

43 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

That is absolutely no concern of ours. The money men will have done the calculations but we seem to have taken risks and are relying on Max and Todd being sold at some point to balance the books. 

No chance are they relying on future sales to cover the work this window.

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

On paper the best window in my lifetime, most certainly the most ambitious.

Agreed. Its definitely the first time we've ever gone full Football Manager on a transfer window. 

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Agreed. Its definitely the first time we've ever gone full Football Manager on a transfer window. 

But but we don't have any ambiton and we won't until we get stonking rich foreign owners in😉