Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Kabak

10 minutes ago, birchfest said:

Wow some of the posters in here… I’m not sure what would make you happy beyond us signing Harry Maguire, and even then you’d say ‘oh actually he’s past it’.

Not one for the future, and a highly sought after player with bigger clubs in the food chain than us sniffing around. But sure, I guess your know more than both Norwich and Liverpool’s recruitment teams.

We are complaining about our defense, we have Scotlands best centre half, and apparently close to signing Turkeys.  These are incredible times.  OTBC

2 minutes ago, duke63 said:

Done deal I believe. 

If true that is an Incredible signing - I am sure there will still be fans asking how we let Ajer, Dann and Cahill through our fingers - and questioning the board's ambition.

• Haha 1

This really is excellent news.  I’ve no idea what’s wrong with what I assume is a small section of our support, perhaps next year we can go for a European spot, hopefully you can handle this news guys? 

This has 100% been an excellent window for our club and I think we now (assuming this signing completes) have a better squad than enough of the rest to stay up this season.  

• Like 4

Just now, Virtual reality said:

If this comes off, other than the sale of buendia you’d have to say it’s been a great window and we’ve given it a proper go

Agreed. I wonder if we have anything left over for January or maybe grab a few youngsters from the lower leagues?

This would be as good as we could have reasonably hoped for if its true and would explain why we dropped out of chasing Ajer. For me this would be all the positions identified as needing strengthening done. I don't think Farke could complain he wasn't given a shot this time around.

Im also happy with the loans with option to buy route. Limited chance of being landed with players we can't afford or who don't make the cut. We really seem to have identified clubs in difficulty and grabbed any resources they have, it looks good work by webber.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

This really is excellent news.  I’ve no idea what’s wrong with what I assume is a small section of our support, perhaps next year we can go for a European spot, hopefully you can handle this news guys? 

This has 100% been an excellent window for our club and I think we now (assuming this signing completes) have a better squad than enough of the rest to stay up this season.  

I love the optimism of aiming for European football......  I think we need to stay up first - SW has given it a real go - and Delia / Michael have backed him.  OTBC

Edited by Newtopia

3 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

If this comes off, other than the sale of buendia you’d have to say it’s been a great window and we’ve given it a proper go

Without the sale of Buendia, very few of these deals would've happened. I was, and still am, gutted to lose the best player we've had in my living memory but it was for the greater good.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I love the optimism of aiming for European football......  I think we need to stay up first - SW has given it a real go - and Delia / Michael have backed him.  OTBC

Haha….I was actually being sarcastic to the ‘now generation’.  But now you mention it….bring it on 😂

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danbury Yellow said:

No excuses if we get relegated this season. We have done everything we can.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Darth Vadis said:

Kabak to replace Hanley or Gibson then? For me it has to be Hanley

Gibson. Hasn’t looked up to it at all so far 

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Without the sale of Buendia, very few of these deals would've happened. I was, and still am, gutted to lose the best player we've had in my living memory but it was for the greater good.

Agreed. It's also sales of players like Maddison and Buendia that make the Tzolis’s and Kabak’s of this world consider us. Do well for us, and we will not stand in the way when you want to move on (as long as we get a fair fee).

4 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Oh Yeah I get that but I’m still disappointed to lose such a player irrelevant of the circumstances. 

43 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

Wouldn’t surprise me but I still worry that we’d be potentially leaving ourselves short

Hope we keep hold of Zimbo, too. A couple of defensive injuries, and there'll be less sense of panic. We have plenty of space in the 25-player squad. I think I counted up just 18 the other day, and that includes the likes of Byram, McGovern and the latest signing, Normann. So many of our squad are still considered under 21, which is fantastic, of course. Great news about Kabak.

3 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Fair play another decent looking signing. 

I think I need a lie down. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

Just now, Fuzzar said:

That will be the heart attack.

8 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Gibson. Hasn’t looked up to it at all so far 

Agreed - he is right footed but looked very comfortable on the left in those clips.

Edited by Newtopia

6 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No excuses if we get relegated this season. We have done everything we can.

Off the pitch I agree.

Farke now has a smorgasbord of talent to choose from. Pressure is on him to keep us up.

14 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

I miss the days of signing Brellier

22 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

We are complaining about our defense, we have Scotlands best centre half, and apparently close to signing Turkeys.  These are incredible times.  OTBC

They surely are incredible times if we have resorted to signing Turkeys. I wonder what Shearer would make of that on MOTD

This is just ridiculously brilliant window, after watching Leicester I was thinking we definitely need a CB and CDM and we pull out two quality signings. We may be  second bottom but we played 3 of last season's top 5. These players are going to be ready for the games we will be looking to win, absolutely buzzing, never been this excited as a Norwich fan.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

That's 2 signings in 2 days. Window is still open tomorrow.................

Wonder what they are thinking over the border?

I think we're seeing why Farke agreed to the new contract with this window. Webber has really backed him, and I think he'll also stick around after next summer. 

You can also see we potentially have the sale of Aarons or Cantwell next summer to help fund next season's roster with the same quality of signing as this.

It really has been an amazing window - full credit to everyone involved, especially Jim Smith and DCB who've pushed the club so hard - without them, none of this would have been possible! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1