Sign in to follow this  
Ward 3

Kabak

I dont know what to make of him... don't know if he's what we need... I feel someone a bit more experienced is more required but time will tell if we get him. 

Big Andy get a loan move do you wonder? I'd like him to stay around the first team... unless we go 3 5 2

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I dont know what to make of him... don't know if he's what we need... I feel someone a bit more experienced is more required but time will tell if we get him. 

Feels more like one of the future than one for today

Got to be annoyed if you're a  Newcastle fan, linked with pretty much every signing we have and signed none of them...... 

3 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

The opinion was mixed at Liverpool - but often a case of "looks very promising".

Ozan Kabak Player Thread (lfcreds.com)

Yup, as I said one for the future. Very young and inexperenced and unproven in a top divison other than Liverpool cameos and getting battered every match for Shalke and getting relegated.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Got to be annoyed if you're a  Newcastle fan, linked with pretty much every signing we have and signed none of them...... 

Out of reaction but was a haha 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Yup, as I said one for the future. Very young and inexperenced and unproven in a top divison other than Liverpool cameos and getting battered every match for Shalke and getting relegated.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised, no question if he signs he'll be our first choice CB. Could pave way for 3 at that back being used more, which would suit our FBs being used as WBs 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

He actually played well for Schalke the season before they got relegated. Looked like Schalke was boo-gered beyond belief when they went down, but his marks otherwise looked pretty good. (In kicker 1 = exceptional, 6 = excrement, and only the top players end up below 3... and even then).

Ozan Kabak | FC Schalke 04 | Spieler-Rangliste - kicker

Id honestly like to see big Andy in a back 3 with WBs, could help max and who ever plays LWB saving some energy for transitions when we attack. We could really hurt some teams. 4 3 3 hasn't worked and a lot of us aren't keen on using it any more. How many games would you give 3 at the back with WBs?

46 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

That’s rubbish - you don’t commit potentially £10m+ to get a player who’s played for Liverpool, 40 times in the bundesliga and 12 times for his country as just ‘one for the future’.  He’d be pushing the first team from the off.

Edited by Branston Pickle
  • Like 7

People are saying that Kabak is 'young and inexperienced', but I'd argue that only half of that is true.

55 Bundesliga appearances, nine in the Premier League, eight in the Champions League and 12 international caps.

I'd argue that he's more experienced than several of our squad, to be honest. He may be a few years younger than the likes of Giannoulis and Normann, but he's no less inexperienced.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Nope, he'll go straight into our squad as our best CB

If and when this or another defender signs,  do we think we’ll keep hold of both Zimmermann and Omabamidele? Or could this be the end of big Zimbo, or a loan move for AO?

if we’re seriously wanting to play three at the back my guess is we’ll be keeping both at Carrow Road this season.

Edited by Coneys Knee

1 minute ago, Coneys Knee said:

If and when this or another defender signs,  do we think we’ll keep hold of both Zimmermann and Omabamidele? Or could this be the end of big Zimbo, or a loan move for AO?

if we’re seriously wanting to play three at the back my guess is we’ll be keeping both at Carrie road this season.

Zimmerman to join Srbeny and Steiprmann at Padderborn. You heard it here first.

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Wouldn’t surprise me but I still worry that we’d be potentially leaving ourselves short

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Coneys Knee said:

if we’re seriously wanting to play three at the back my guess is we’ll be keeping both at Carrow Road this season.

I'd guess we'll keep them both. Omobamidele is still only 19 so there isn't any urgent need to get him out for game time yet, and if we go to a back three from time to time we probably need all five. Zimmermann is little more than a backup nowadays anyway.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

And probably last.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Norwich mk2 😜. If it happened I'll genuinely buy a paderborn shirt with all 3 names to make 1, something like zinymann🤣🤣

1 minute ago, Darth Vadis said:

Kabak to replace Hanley or Gibson then? For me it has to be Hanley

Is he right or left footed?  

16 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

This would be one hell of a signing. 

Agreed - I’m not sure who people expect us to be signing with a better reputation!?

If he’d gone to Liverpool and done really well he’d now be a Liverpool player, funnily enough we aren’t quite in the same ball park for players this window…

Same thing with Williams, just because he isn’t good enough to be a first team regular or squad player for United at the minute doesn’t mean he isn’t good enough for us. Pretty ridiculous for anyone to think there isn’t an absolute chasm in terms of quality between us and them.

4 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Check with TvB, he'll know. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

Right.

Whether Kabak is the right fit for us at this time is my only concern with this signing, but based on reputation and potential this would be one hell of a statement signing because he's been regarded as one of the most centre backs in European football for the last couple of years.

Wow some of the posters in here… I’m not sure what would make you happy beyond us signing Harry Maguire, and even then you’d say ‘oh actually he’s past it’.

Not one for the future, and a highly sought after player with bigger clubs in the food chain than us sniffing around. But sure, I guess your know more than both Norwich and Liverpool’s recruitment teams.

• Like 3