37 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Noted that he didn't start for Norway tonight.  Not sure what that says about him given previous comments from the Norway manager.  Given his supposed lack of match fitness probably would have been good for him to have had a run out 

They were playing Gibraltar - I imagine a certain amount of squad rotation was in play.  He was in their first two games.

Tbh I’d not be that surprised if he didn’t start on Sat, it’d be unlike DF to bring someone straight in.  Kabak hasn’t played a much yet this season but played 45 tonight v Netherlands.  I think they might both be more set to start v Watford….but who knows, there’s always surprises.

Edited by Branston Pickle

18 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Farke probably won’t start him Saturday but he should. 

Agreed. He hasn't trained with the squad yet but that shouldn't be a reason not to play him. He's already played in several matches this season for his previous club and twice for Norway, probably more pitch time than Kenny.

Getting new players integrated asap is vital for our survival so I'd get 60 mins out of him. Arsenal aren't in great shape and we could get something there if we start positively.

35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agreed. He hasn't trained with the squad yet but that shouldn't be a reason not to play him. He's already played in several matches this season for his previous club and twice for Norway, probably more pitch time than Kenny.

Getting new players integrated asap is vital for our survival so I'd get 60 mins out of him. Arsenal aren't in great shape and we could get something there if we start positively.

100% agree, we have brought in high calibre players in position of need and I am happy for them to get a game at the Emirates so we are getting ready for Watford.

We have to get points and show the league we mean business when we play Watford.

I would be very keen for these high calibre players to come in and play in that fantastic stadium when the pressure is high. They have shown they can perform in those environments.

From what I've seen of Normann he doesn't seem to be too much of a 'system' man anyway, seems quite dynamic in what he does, so less critical to learn the system or where to cover like a full back would, for example.  We've seen it with Dimi and Williams already, one mistake in those positions and you're licking a wound.

3 hours ago, Google Bot said:

From what I've seen of Normann he doesn't seem to be too much of a 'system' man anyway, seems quite dynamic in what he does, so less critical to learn the system or where to cover like a full back would, for example.  We've seen it with Dimi and Williams already, one mistake in those positions and you're licking a wound.

You need to get used to where/how your teammates like to receive the ball. 

Including whether they want it plonked on their left foot or their right foot. 

It isn't all about systems, it is also about familiarity with team mates. 

I would start Normann though and just said "nuetralise Odegaard"..... who he knows extremely well from international duty 

On 29/08/2021 at 23:37, peter72 said:

Brighton reject. That's a fact 

It is indeed.

And let's hope that proves to be a massive f*ck up.

Dan Ashworth is a Norwich reject. 

35 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

You need to get used to where/how your teammates like to receive the ball. 

Including whether they want it plonked on their left foot or their right foot. 

Most of that is learnt in competitive games anyway.  The space and ball availability differs hugely depending on who you're playing against, and so you can't develop in training alone.  But I've only played Sunday league, so can only draw on that experience... That said, it was normally one player that could rule the field at that level anyway 🙂

My point is that coming in with a mandate to break up play in the centre, he's it's not so critical of how we organise our back line in terms of timing runs and controlling offsides.  And he's also not got to be aware of players making overlapping runs or picking up men out wide and knowing who to cover - Everything is practically in front of him to read and thus easier to throw in cold.

Of course not ideal at all, I'd start Sorensen as think he's being criminally overlooked.  But if Farke not willing to do that, I'd throw Normann in cold if he's up for it.

I noticed a lot of unhappy gesturing from Pukki towards Rashica in these opening games, those being out of sync is a bigger issue particularly with Pukki being away with Finland.  When you break it down everything is so up in the air and will be for a number of weeks as yet - just hope that unpredictability will drop in our favour at the weekend lol.