1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

I agree. People have to stop thinking he's being driven out if there's a hint of criticism. He fights for his place like everyone else in our impressive squad.

At the moment he is playing fairly well but not brilliant. What's clear is Farke is not building a team around him and he's going to have to adapt his game to play on the right.

He's a good footballer, he'll come good.

Agree CP. Todd has moments of genius and then moments of s++t, wandering out of position. If he was as reliably good as many on here state with our yellow and green glasses on then he would of been snapped up months ago. Tzolis 'may' be the real deal.

Oh, leave Peter alone!

I, for one, think it's very brave to post on a foreign forum revealing your name and your IQ score. 

19 minutes ago, shefcanary said:

Can I put a downer on this.  I'm just not convinced with the mechanics of this transfer.  I understand he's been number 1 target for months, but if he is the ideal solution, why not secure the deal earlier? 

Also is this a Webber "macho" deal thing?  £1.7m loan is the "fee" commitment, yes there will be salary on top, but that in relative terms is a pittance.  

I'm not alone in believing the solution to our CDM problem is in house already.  Mark my words, Sorenson will be the CDM by Xmas, Normann will be injured as he builds the wrong sort of muscle for the EPL.  

I'm one person not doing cartwheels over this signing.  Another Amadou.....

Given Amadou was a good player (who was sadly ruined due to us being poor and him playing him out of position) him being like him would be a good thing

15 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Oh, leave Peter alone!

I, for one, think it's very brave to post on a foreign forum revealing your name and your IQ score. 

His IQ is nowhere near as high as 72....

He’s having an average game right now vs. Latvia.

Norway are dominating possession and winning 1-0 at half-time. Playing largely just infront of / splitting the centre-backs when in possession. Started well and involved in the penalty awarded to Norway with a good ball over the top that led to the penalty being awarded. Also on corners and has a good delivery on him. Wants the ball all the time (positive) but gave away the ball needlessly on a few occasions with forward ground passes. Latvia very limited offensively but the one time they did counter, Normann’s body shape was wrong and gave away a poor free-kick. 

Will be very interesting with his likely first game for us vs. Arsenal, he will be tasked with keeping his lively compatriot Odegaard quiet. 

• Thanks 1

I think he looks pretty decent. Not afraid to try things, give away a foul to stop attacks. He's just been subbed off at 60 mins. Looks a solid cdm.

48 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

I think he looks pretty decent. Not afraid to try things, give away a foul to stop attacks. He's just been subbed off at 60 mins. Looks a solid cdm.

I wonder if he suffers from short man syndrome …… very rash at times.

33 minutes ago, Heading South said:

I wonder if he suffers from short man syndrome …… very rash at times.

Haah he may well do does look a unit and wouldnt take any sh1t

This Normann is either going to be an absolute revelation, or a complete unmitigated disaster.

He's been built up too much, including by himself, to be anything other.

I do remember when Julien Brellier was supposed to have been the Roy Keane of Scotland, his agent was Cantona's brother, he turned down Rangers to join us, and then he looked more like the French Shaun Carey. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

13 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

This Normann is either going to be an absolute revelation, or a complete unmitigated disaster.

I do remember when Julien Brellier was supposed to have been the Roy Keane of Scotland, his agent was Cantona's brother, he turned down Rangers to join us, and then he looked more like the French Shaun Carey. 

Our recruitment has become far more sophisticated than when Brellier ('the Judge') was signed. Still there was the 'Amadou' window which SW now admits that he 'went down the list too quickly'. Amadou had his moments, but then left in January and Byram was the only other positive from that window. Rashica, Gilmour and Lees-Melou have looked promising so far and Sargent and Tzolis both looked excellent in the cup game so we'll have to wait and see how Normann fits in over coming games, Watford in particular.

15 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Good job we loaned him then, if it’s the latter it was still worth a loan fee to find out.

2 hours ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Our recruitment has become far more sophisticated than when Brellier ('the Judge') was signed. 

No doubt, same probably applies to football in general and most clubs.

Still doesn't stop us wasting money at times, e.g. on Heise, Franke and Husband. 

51 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Heise, Franke and Husband. 

Would Heise have been a waste of money had Lewis broken his leg in February that year? Im pretty sure this is one that Webber has said we actually made a profit on too. Other two were poor but we've had bigger financial failures under Webbert that's for sure, Marshall and Drmic probably the worst offenders.

Edited by KeiranShikari

2 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Would Heise have been a waste of money had Lewis broken his leg in February that year?

Fair point.

Although Lewis could have broken his leg in the February after that and Heise would have been in Germany .

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Fair point.

Although Lewis could have broken his leg in the February after that and Heise would have been in Germany .

I though he joined at the end of the January transfer window. Didn't we pay a nominal fee to pick him up 6 months earlier as we needed the cover for Jamal Lewis?

29 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I though he joined at the end of the January transfer window. Didn't we pay a nominal fee to pick him up 6 months earlier as we needed the cover for Jamal Lewis?

Yes.

My point was that only having one left back didn't stop us loaning him out the following season. 

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes.

My point was that only having one left back didn't stop us loaning him out the following season. 

We replaced him with Sam Byram who did in fact perform better than Lewis for a big chunk of the season.

Glad we're not playing it as risky this time mind.

All this stuff about patience and Webber learning from last time not to move on so quickly - and it’s clear that with Norman and Kabak we really got them late - last moment virtually… Makes me wonder - was there a Plan B ? if so who were they? Were there other negotiations happening? And did we risk coming away empty handed? Quite a poker player our Webber it seems…

3 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

All this stuff about patience and Webber learning from last time not to move on so quickly - and it’s clear that with Norman and Kabak we really got them late - last moment virtually… Makes me wonder - was there a Plan B ? if so who were they? Were there other negotiations happening? And did we risk coming away empty handed? Quite a poker player our Webber it seems…

Plan A was Ajer 😉

4 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

I wonder if the Normann deal was sealed a few days before he put pen to paper as it was completed before he joined the Norway squad and there was even time for a video shoot. Probably not that last minute and they must have been very confident he would sign.

Kabak was out the blue, but typical of the way Webber likes to work.

On 05/09/2021 at 11:46, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Still there was the 'Amadou' window which SW now admits that he 'went down the list too quickly'. Amadou had his moments, but then left in January

It's only a few seasons back, yet I can barely remember Amadou playing in his actual position enough to be able to judge him.  I always considered him to be a casualty of our CB woes, rather than seeing what he could deliver for us at this level.  But it was just an odd season all round really.

Edited by Google Bot

17 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Plan A was Ajer 😉

We were certainly interested in Ajer, and sounded out a deal, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we preferred him to Kabak. After all the 11m pound fee we have agreed for the option of signing Kabak permanently is apparently more than we were willing to pay for Ajer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Google Bot said:

It's only a few seasons back, yet I can barely remember Amadou playing in his actual position enough to be able to judge him.  I always considered him to be a casualty of our CB woes, rather than seeing what he could deliver for us at this level.  But it was just an odd season all round really.

As I remember it, it appeared Farke wasn’t keen to play him in his proper position. He must not have impressed in traynun.

I can remember Amadou starting at CDM away to Southampton and being hauled off at half time. Something went wrong and his loan was cancelled early which was a shame as he was immense against Man City.

30 minutes ago, Gordon Bennett said:

I can remember Amadou starting at CDM away to Southampton and being hauled off at half time. Something went wrong and his loan was cancelled early which was a shame as he was immense against Man City.

He wasn't playing regularly enough and requested to go back to his parent club was the line at the time. Farke said he wanted to keep both him and Fahrman until the end of the season but both wanted to leave to get more game time elsewhere.

To be a bit more on topic, saw this on twitter and thought I'd share:

Not just because of his finishing, but that look after each one... that streak of arrogance last properly seen in Bradley Johnson IMHO... 

• Like 2

Noted that he didn't start for Norway tonight.  Not sure what that says about him given previous comments from the Norway manager.  Given his supposed lack of match fitness probably would have been good for him to have had a run out