12 minutes ago, peter72 said:

Brighton reject. That's a fact 

Good result for you lot this weekend, now the slide begins! We will wave on the way past 

23 minutes ago, peter72 said:

Brighton fan oddly obssesed with us for no known reason other than getting bored with trying to post on Palace forums as even that rivalry is too tinpot for you,That's a fact.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Presumably this signing will allow Gilmour to play a more attacking role in the team. We now have a lot of possible selections across the park. I’d give the following team a run out at Arsenal:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Williams

Norman. Lees Mellou

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

18 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

It's kind of weird isn't it. It's like a Wolves fan being obsessed with Southampton or something. Get a F****** life dude. 

He's probably been laying in his own vomit all day after scrounging through old chip papers in the bins and drinking his own p!ss, got back to his hostel and thought he'd irritate us

Edited by Mullet

45 minutes ago, peter72 said:

Kevin De Bruyne and lukaku  Chelsea rejects.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Mullet said:

He's probably been laying in his own vomit all day after scrounging through old chip papers in the bins and drinking his own p!ss, got home to his hostel and thought he'd irritate us

I actually met a person like that when Celtic played us in a friendly for Adam Drurys testimonial. He was screaming at me with police holding him back at about 1 in the afternoon, obviously absolutely off his ****. He kept screaming that he would kill me with one punch and I was pissing myself laughing at him which he didn't like one bit. I feel a bit sorry for people like that, they obviously have nothing going well in their life. But don't pick a fight with random strangers ffs, it is not clever. 

1 hour ago, birchfest said:

Good result for you lot this weekend, now the slide begins! We will wave on the way past 

He’s a **** who’s going to be around here for months on end. I wish we’d avoid giving him air but apparently people love to give him his desperate 5 mins of fame. Like I am right now. Truth is he’s a tosspot who spends his free time trying to get a rise out of rival football fans by signing up to their forums and posting lethargic ****e which we all reply to. It must be a sad life trying to get a rise out of us and enjoying when he gets a reply. I actually feel pity for him as well as suggesting going into therapy which I wholeheartedly recommend! Otbc 

Edited by Danke bitte

6 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

He looks a unit. If he can kick a few opponents a*ses he'll turn out to be a decent acquisition.

With a name like Normann he  could soon become our ' psycho ' ( with apologies to Alfred Hitchcock )

How about "Batesy" as a nickname ?

His arm muscles look reassuring. Should be good for pushing around people.

Why are people putting Gilmour ahead of Cantwell? Or just leaving cantwell out of there starting 11? Does nobody think he's prem class anymore after last season everyone thinks he's worth 30 to 40m? 

Would you be happy to see Todd sold now? 

Are you not impressed by cantwell start to the season?

If we sold todd would you like to reinvest in the team or keep the money?

Any links with a CB or will it be kabak on loan?

7 hours ago, mastoola said:

Kevin De Bruyne and lukaku  Chelsea rejects.

That is a fact. And how much have they had to pay to get lukaku back... cant see KDB going back though 

8 hours ago, Kanadyan Kanary said:

Interesting. IMO there's lots of hype with Gilmour but little substance to back it up, so far.  We have been in desparate need of a CDM so happy that this finally over the line. 

Hes been played in the CDM position on his own against Liverpool, City and Leicester, all of which are top 6 sides..

Despite this when he has got himself on the ball he has been superb and shown real quality in dictating play.

I can see one hell of a footballer in there myself, despite us playing top 6 sides and us being beaten all 3 games. I'd imagine if you asked the norwich players what they thought of Gilmour, they would say he is immense.

Now Webber and Farke have got their CDM in to partner him we can see Gilmour flourish even more. Gilmour is a player that our relegation rivals don't have the benefit of having this season and so we are very luck in that regard.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Crafty Canary said:

Presumably this signing will allow Gilmour to play a more attacking role in the team. We now have a lot of possible selections across the park. I’d give the following team a run out at Arsenal:

Krul

Aarons Hanley Gibson Williams

Norman. Lees Mellou

Rashica Gilmour Tzolis

Pukki

I would expect us to play more of a 4,1,4,1 with gilmour and LM or McLean playing as CMs. Gilmour will drop very deep to collect the ball and dictate play whilst LM or McLean will play higher supporting the attacks when the opportunity arises. The great bit is that Norman will stick deep and always be that defensive midfielder allowing the others to take more risks. Its an added bonus that Norman has excellent passing skills to boot also. 

4 hours ago, Darth Vadis said:

Looks good on paper

AA2448C2-40FB-4CAA-A61D-144C20157047.jpeg

This- great illustration of our squad depth. Just need a CB that's better than Hanley and Gibsin if we can. Won't be easy to do that though on our budgets.

12 hours ago, Yella Army said:

No Gilmour?! The lad is so so good. My prediction for fans player of the season come May.

I want a bit more prime French beef against Arsenal - Gilmour's time will come.

I don't think Farke will play 4-2-3-1 against Arsenal but I hope in time we will change back to it as I think it suits us better. He'll most likely stick with 4-3-3:

Cantwell    Pukki   Rashica

Gilmour   Normann  Lees-Melou  

Williams  Gibson  Hanley  Aarons

Krul

OTBC

1 hour ago, Ward 3 said:

Why are people putting Gilmour ahead of Cantwell? Or just leaving cantwell out of there starting 11? Does nobody think he's prem class anymore after last season everyone thinks he's worth 30 to 40m? 

Would you be happy to see Todd sold now? 

Are you not impressed by cantwell start to the season?

If we sold todd would you like to reinvest in the team or keep the money?

Any links with a CB or will it be kabak on loan?

I think Cantwell is excellent, We seem to be setting the team up to counter attack, with Rashica and Tzolis, Todd is not as well suited as those two in the wider positions.  In terms of playing the number ten role, Gilmour seems to be neater, I suspect Dowell is ahead of Todd for that position.

in terms of selling him, I guess it depends on the value of the offer.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You've left Idah out of this. I know you are only putting an example up, but Idah seems to be important to us.

Surprised Idah's not been loaned out to be honest. Feel he could easily do the job as a regular starter for a team in the Championship and I would prefer he be getting regular playtime

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You've left Idah out of this. I know you are only putting an example up, but Idah seems to be important to us.

I agree, if Idah is not going to play 30% of the season he should go out on loan.  Too good to waste his career with a perpetual ‘potential’ tag.

3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Surprised Idah's not been loaned out to be honest. Feel he could easily do the job as a regular starter for a team in the Championship and I would prefer he be getting regular playtime

Idah should go to Stoke and be with super Mario 🤔

Is this the same Brighton moron who was posting on here last week?? Rather oddball behaviour isn't it? Why would Brighton give a **** about Norwich City?? I know I don't give them a 2nd thought normally, hey even Palace fans are too busy with Charlton to be bothered with this mock rivalry Brighton appear to have manufactured 🤷‍♂️

4 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Idah should go to Stoke and be with super Mario 🤔

Not a bad idea. If I remember right he was supposed to have been loaned to Doncaster last season but for whatever reason the loan fell through. Feel Idah would tear it up and easy be among the top scorers if he went to a League one club

Can I put a downer on this.  I'm just not convinced with the mechanics of this transfer.  I understand he's been number 1 target for months, but if he is the ideal solution, why not secure the deal earlier? 

Also is this a Webber "macho" deal thing?  £1.7m loan is the "fee" commitment, yes there will be salary on top, but that in relative terms is a pittance.  

I'm not alone in believing the solution to our CDM problem is in house already.  Mark my words, Sorenson will be the CDM by Xmas, Normann will be injured as he builds the wrong sort of muscle for the EPL.  

I'm one person not doing cartwheels over this signing.  Another Amadou.....

10 hours ago, peter72 said:

How very noble to see you display such honest self-awareness.

Edited by horsefly

8 minutes ago, Newtopia said:

I think Cantwell is excellent, We seem to be setting the team up to counter attack, with Rashica and Tzolis, Todd is not as well suited as those two in the wider positions.  In terms of playing the number ten role, Gilmour seems to be neater, I suspect Dowell is ahead of Todd for that position.

in terms of selling him, I guess it depends on the value of the offer.

I agree. People have to stop thinking he's being driven out if there's a hint of criticism. He fights for his place like everyone else in our impressive squad.

At the moment he is playing fairly well but not brilliant. What's clear is Farke is not building a team around him and he's going to have to adapt his game to play on the right.

He's a good footballer, he'll come good.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Is this the same Brighton moron who was posting on here last week?? Rather oddball behaviour isn't it? Why would Brighton give a **** about Norwich City?? I know I don't give them a 2nd thought normally, hey even Palace fans are too busy with Charlton to be bothered with this mock rivalry Brighton appear to have manufactured 🤷‍♂️

The guy the other day was odd.

The BHA v Palace thing is real, on both sides.  I saw them play each other pre covid, it was like stepping back in time, horrid.  Lines of police horses a metre apart to break up groups, and away fans held back in the stadium at the end.  There was a tense atmosphere and fights in the town centre. Very unlike any other Brighton game I have been too.  The last game I saw at the Amex the entire stadium clapped for the players taking the knee, very different from our crowd reaction at the Bournemouth game.