Sign in to follow this  
Captain Obvious

Whats with all the doom-mongering??

after watching the ipswich game, i feel that people on this board are largely acting like spoilt children - granted, things aren''t ideal at the moment, but today we had 3 new players (which included a new frontline) which haven''t gelled yet.This season hasn''t been as successful as we would have liked, and people aren''t happy but thats because we have got a taste for success and it has spoilt us....i think we are just suffering a relegation hangover mixed with the morale destroying way in which we were relegated. when west ham went down and didn''t go straight back up all the west ham fans hated pardew, and alot worse than most of us (excluding me) hate worthy now. west ham kept pardew and look at them now.alot of people are rather unfairly using worthy as a scapegoat for our pedicament this season....its got to the point were certain people seem content to see us lose as long as it gets worthy sacked, which is rather pathetic in my opinion - its like these people wouldn''t be happy if we won promotion because in thier eyes it would just delay worthy''s sacking; its a sad state of affairs when so-called fans are acting this way.I don''t think he is as responsible for this as people think he is, theres only so much a manager can do and people are expecting him to work nothing less than miracles, and when he doesn''t they slate him. i don''t think these people really appreciate what his job invloves and how hard it is. i don''t think he wants norwich to lose and i have every faith that he is doing everything in his power to make us successful but theres obviously things going on behind the scenes that are effecting the teams performance that we don''t know about and because we can''t see a reason for it, people will just instantly blame it on worthy - which is very narrow-minded and immature.i beleive worthy can take us back to the premiership but he needs time to do that (more than half a season - maybe the whole season) because recovering from relegation (especially from the premiership) is extremely difficult and the guy isn''t superman, hes only human and the expectations of alot of people on here are very unrealistic. if we are in this same situation again next season then we''d be in a dead-end situation, but for now (and i''m probably on my own here) i''m willing to keep the faith.

apologies if  i seem like i''m rambling and not making much sense in parts, i''ve been distracted alot while writing this.

Using Worthy as a scape goat?? He is the manager - he picks the team, formation, style of play and makes the signings! Yes I agree some people have gone overboard with their Worthy bashing and some people dislike him to the extent that even if we started winning and made the playoffs their opinion wouldn''t change at all, but he has to take the majority of the blame. Ok the manager can''t do much if the players don''t perform but it is up to him to motivate them and ensure they play with fight and passion!

Yes we''ve got a taste for success but we''ve gone from Division one champions and a premiership side to a very average Champ team who are getting worryingly close to the relegation zone in the space of under two seasons. This is when we are supposed to be financially sound and able to keep all our best players. I don''t think we can be blamed for being angry and unhappy at the poor situation our club is in at the moment.

You say worthy can take us back to the prem but he needs the whole season - do you honestly belive if Worthy stays in charge until the end of the season we will win promotion?? Its not going to happen!

West Ham made the play-offs in their first season down, and sold big-style before and during that season.

We won''t  make the play-offs and did not make those sales until January - and even then we''ve still been net buyers.

We simply haven''t been able to motivate/manage/direct/coach (or any oher verb you can choose) te players who were the favourites at the start of the season and on paper today should have won at a canter.

That is the managements job, and it is now time for a change.

i''m sorry that i didn''t make myself completely clear...when i said he''d need a whole season i didn''t mean promotion at the end of this season, i meant a season to get things back together before promotion next season.yes team selection and motivation etc is his job, but doing that at the moment in a side dogged with injuries meaning team selections are very inconsistent, we have lost key players like francis and ashton (which weren''t worthy''s fault) and i also feel there are alot of factors that just aren''t known by us which are affecting performance which worthy has no control over, i don''t think the board would put such faith in him unless they knew something we didn''t because they aren''t stupid (even though everyone wants to beleive they are). i beleive the board are aware of the extremely difficult task worthy has and are giving him a fair opportunity to get us back on track because they know it needs more time. fans are fickle and want instant results which just isn''t realistic

[quote user="charlies dad"]No idea. Why is everyone so upset?[/quote]

Yeah ...... its only a game after all  ........ Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh   [li][:@][:''(][:''(]

me neither?

I mean, we have been playing so well up until now!

After all its only Ipswich. Who sold all their best players and have no money.

Remember the famous Bill Shankly quote "who cares its only a game"

I am trying to think if a bookies pre-season fav. for promotion has ever been relegated?

I know what you mean, two or three months back I was berated by a fellow fan for getting out of my seat and yelling abuse at the way we were playing, apparently it is against the NCFC regulations to aim any criticism at the club, manager or players. Today my fellow fans were chanting in unison "We want Worthy out!!", and who was leading this chant, you have guessed it the bloke that berated me, although I did not join in with the chant, and I gave him the same jip he gave me,  I was glad to see that he had finely caught up..... !!

New Centre Half pairing

2 (Relatively) New Midfield Pairings

New Strike Pairing

The Spine of the team will need time to understand each other.

Robinson and Safri are passers!

Earnshaw has pace and skill. JJ is proven striker.

The Doc has played well for the majority of this season and Rehman looked towering.

Still lets give them precicesly 90mins to get it right!

yeah sorry just got we outplayed, outpassed and out-thought by a side who cost less than half a million. A side who are our local rivals, hmm, whatever can be the matter- Glad your keeping patient though because that patience is really working out huh.

Stephen Miller...brilliant, hilarious! I needed a laugh after todays no show, thanks. Let me put this simply...spoilt children spit their dummys out in an irrational uncontrolable manner to get their way. I on the other hand think that a man who has had time and money and has some excellent players in his squad should be capable of doing a lot better, thats not a childish opinion its just my opinion. I''m not fickle and I''m not Paul Rankin (sorry paul but you make Victor Meldrew look like an overly happy childrens tv presenter) i just want success for NCFC and i don''t believe we can get that with Worthington. Facts don''t lie, we are 14th in the table! Not good enough.

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]

after watching the ipswich game, i feel that people on this board are largely acting like spoilt children - granted, things aren''t ideal at the moment, but today we had 3 new players (which included a new frontline) which haven''t gelled yet.

[/quote]spoilt children, you''re having a laugh - ipswich were the better side throughout and passed us off the park - never mind waiting for the team to gel, why should we have to wait and suffer such inept performances waiting for the manager to gel with the team?certainly, if you wish to keep the faith, then of course you''re entitled to your opinion, but to come on here and try to talk down to people is way out of order.

Stephen, I agree with you. I''m not being sarcastic, but I do. You make very good points and I''ve thought this for some time. I''ve got faith in the man, for now at least. Same position next season....I''ll have a rethink then.

[quote user="Gamera"]Stephen, I agree with you. I''m not being sarcastic, but I do. You make very good points and I''ve thought this for some time. I''ve got faith in the man, for now at least. Same position next season....I''ll have a rethink then.[/quote]

hahahahahahahaha

apparantly dickson etuhu had 9 touches on teh ball in the first half, of which 2 found norwich players!!!!

muhahahahahaha

we arent doom mongering, we are simply telling it how it is in our opinions. there seems to be alot of negativity after our last game. hhhhhhhhhmmmmmm........ wonder why that is?
oh yea our "team" who we have spent alot of money not only lost  but also played the worst ive seen since chase to a team that have spent money on one player.
this team also happen top be our local rivals so our players should be fighting for pride but in truth they did nothing of the sort and rolled over.
alot of people share the same views as me as i have seen so on this board. How can the majority be wrong. ive seen two pro - worthy posts, i think that says it all.

"Same position next season....I''ll have a rethink then."

I tell you what, why don''t you wait until we''re in Division One, then perhaps you might give it some serious thought.

its just about perspective! Not being overly-patient. Ferguson could have got the boot from United up until a certain Mark Robins goal. Sheffield United have failed many years running to get up but they persevere with warnock and how much has he spent (and sold granted) on players, especially forwards!

Given the amount of criticism, perhaps people should post their team and tactics on a friday b 4 matches and say what they are going to do in certain situations. We can all be wise after the event. Most people would have had Safri, Bentley and Francis in our midfield at Fulham yet wondered why they were picked when they didnt perform.

So exactly what is there to be happy about?

Wanting Worthy out has been a topic of debate for many weeks. A bloke who sits next to me says I am wrong to want Worthy out as Moan U didn''t sack Fergie after their Derby defeat....................pleeeeeeeeeeeeease.

I just don''t get buying Ernie and still persisting in hitting long balls over the top to him. I feel sorry for the player he doesn''t stand a chance to flourish in this team and its tactics.

And after all of Worthy''s trumpeting about him will the real Etuhu please turn up and what exactly did he do to deserve a contract when this years scapegoat WLY, who is the reason for all our wrongs in Worthy''s eyes (listen to Sheringham answers) has been told to earn one.

Some ones has bricked up the end of the Tunnel

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]i''m sorry that i didn''t make myself completely clear...when i said he''d need a whole season i didn''t mean promotion at the end of this season, i meant a season to get things back together before promotion next season. i beleive the board are aware of the extremely difficult task worthy has and are giving him a fair opportunity to get us back on track because they know it needs more time. fans are fickle and want instant results which just isn''t realistic[/quote]yesterdays performance was more relegation than promotion, and be truthful stephen - its not an isolated example this season, especially the last 6 matches.  mediocre is becoming the norm at city and its damaging to the players morale and the supporters.  in the present cirumstances, to explain fans complaints away by describing them as fickle is unrealistic at best and patronising at its worst.

I have to say I for one agree with you mostly and just wish to post

on here briefly to express my support as a counterweight to all these

unpleasant comments which are coming from other people who just don''t

happen to share your views. they should be ashamed of themselves. they

are the reason i no longer feel comfortable posting on this board.

despite not really fitting into either the ''wo'' or ''ktf'' camps which

they seem to eager to put everyone else into.

Stephen,

You appear to have committed the cardinal sin of expressing an opinion that doesn''t fit with the mainstream of opinion on this board. When will you learn. [;)] And before I get jumped on, it doesn''t fit with my opinion either, (I was appalled with yesterday!) but I think you should be able to express it without attracting a torrent of monosyllabic insults. 

thank you [:)]!i knew when i posted this that i was making myself a big target here and even though i don''t want worthy out, i''m norwich through and through and i don''t like losing especially not to ipswich, to be accused of being a binner hurts a bit too.the reason i think what i think is because i feel that, like arsenal, we''re going through a bit of a transitional period atm, and it probably going to take this whole season to sort that out.The comments i made about childish fans weren''t aimed at everyone they were aimed at ''some people''; i believe we will sort this out and we will get back on our feet again, and for anyone to suggest relegation is blowing things way out of proportion.Its nice to know some people agree with me and its also nice that even some of those who don''t can see where i''m coming from and accept my opinion in a mature and reasonable way which is what this message board always used to be about.I can see why people are upset, i just think a lot of people have gone majorly overboard.

[quote user="Stephen Miller"]thank you [:)]!

i knew when i posted this that i was making myself a big target here and even though i don''t want worthy out, i''m norwich through and through and i don''t like losing especially not to ipswich, to be accused of being a binner hurts a bit too.
the reason i think what i think is because i feel that, like arsenal, we''re going through a bit of a transitional period atm, and it probably going to take this whole season to sort that out.
The comments i made about childish fans weren''t aimed at everyone they were aimed at ''some people''; i believe we will sort this out and we will get back on our feet again, and for anyone to suggest relegation is blowing things way out of proportion.
Its nice to know some people agree with me and its also nice that even some of those who don''t can see where i''m coming from and accept my opinion in a mature and reasonable way which is what this message board always used to be about.
I can see why people are upset, i just think a lot of people have gone majorly overboard.
[/quote]

why do we need this transitional period???  do you really think Hughes and Etuhu are going to improve??, also we are closer to relegation than the play-offs below Coventry and 1 point above plymouth who have a game in hand and are rubbish

macs perm, if stephen had posed his question without winding people up in the first instance with his childish comments, then he most probably would have attracted a different reaction than the ones he did, epecially given the angry mood yesterday''s result generated. what followed of course detracted from the point he was making, which of course i agree he should be able to make without fear or favour.