Sign in to follow this  
Maltesecanary

Normann & Kabak

Not really, much too young and inexperienced. Need players who have proved themselves capable at this level in the Prem, these two look like players for the future more than players for the now*

*In my opinion which is probably wrong

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
  • Like 1

Kabak might be worth looking at when looking at his Kicker stats from 2019/20 in the Bundesliga (the season before Schalke went down). He was crap for Schalke the season after, but the whole team was ballsed by then.

"Note" here means "mark" or "rating". As ever with kicker, it's scored from 1 - 6 where 1 = incredible and 6 = execrable. A rating of bang on 3 over a season is usually very strong from Kicker.

Ozan Kabak | FC Schalke 04 | Bundesliga | 2019/20 | Spielerprofil - kicker

Had a look on a Liverpool forum, some seemed to rate him as well.

Ozan Kabak Player Thread (lfcreds.com)

Edited by TheGunnShow

That’s the positions we need. Apparantly we’re closing in on signing Normann who’s supposed to be the one we want. Kabak is just a rumour. 

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Not really, much too young and inexperienced. Need players who have proved themselves capable at this level in the Prem, these two look like players for the future more than players for the now*

*In my opinion which is probably wrong

Normann is 25, neither young or inexperienced, so yeah, you're wrong.

• Haha 4

They would certainly fill the two roles we need, if they are the guys SW/DF reckon we need that’s fine by me; I doubt we could do a lot better for the ££ we have.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Normann is 25, neither young or inexperienced, so yeah, you're wrong.

inexperienced and unproven in the top flight of English football however, so I'm half right half wrong sorta maybe 😉

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

inexperienced and unproven in the top flight of English football however, so I'm half right half wrong sorta maybe 😉

I'll let you have the half if it helps 😀

• Haha 2

Don't know masses on Normann but he certainly looks like he has more about him defensively than our current crop of midfielders. 

Kabak would be an outstanding piece of business. 

Edited by Ken Hairy

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

Inexperienced and unproven in the PL, but to find a player who is you would almost certainly have to look at a PL club and we can’t make any more PL loans. Normann is 25 so I don’t think he’s generally experienced, Kabak is only 21 but already has 55 Bundesliga, 9 PL, and 8 CL apps to his name

Kabak didn't look out of place at Liverpool in my opinion. I know they didn't choose to sign him and went with Konate instead. I'd be pleasantly surprised if this one gets done! 

Kabak would certainly improve our defence, plenty of experience even at 21. Great if this comes off with Normann as well

1 minute ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

So would he replace Gibson or Hanley or neither?

Like Omobomadiele will probably be signed as good cover for now with the future aim to develop him into a future first choice CB

1 minute ago, Thingy said:

Gibson could move to left-back

Or go 3 at the back

1 minute ago, Thingy said:

Gibson could move to left-back

Seems embarrassing with bought Giannoulis (& imo unfairly dropped him against Leicester), brought in Williams as cover/competition, and then might move Gibson to LB 

Kabak is a loan apparently so developing him for the future is not our concern. Let him, Gibson and Hanley slug it out for who sits on the bench.

From Norway and have Nordmanns former club Bodø-Glimt as my secund club.

He was not a club favorit at Glimt. Had fokus on him self and did not geth the feeling he played for the club. 

Canot see him staying if we gow down.

Have not seen him play much the last years. Done ok in some games for the national team. 

Dont know what he have done inn Russia.

Im sceptical aboute this signing if we pay more then 5mill

Edited by Olano

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Normann is 25, neither young or inexperienced, so yeah, 

39 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Gibson

Normally I'd say Gibson but Hanley was  poor yesterday 

4 hours ago, AJ said:

Like Omobomadiele will probably be signed as good cover for now with the future aim to develop him into a future first choice CB

Not a chance, he's on over £30k at week and is a full Turkish international who Galatasary would love to have back.

He is no long term prospect, if we sign him he's playing.

• Like 1

I think he would be a good signing, Turkish International with plenty of experience for a young age. Against the stronger teams I think we would be better suited to 3 at the back and 2 wing backs. 

• Like 1