lake district canary

Let's be clear on our situation.....

We are only one point from being in 17th place.

We are only two points from being in 15th place

We are only one win off being in 13th place

Reasons to be cheerful?  

Get that first point or three points and we will look much better placed to challenge this league.

It'll be tough, but no-one said it was going to be easy!

Just can’t see where the goals are going to come from. We look toothless at this level again and totally unable to keep a clean sheet.

yes we’ve played some good sides but I honestly see mistakes in our defence right across the back four that every team in this league will take advantage of. 

Im sorry to say we look under cooked again in midfield. Not one player has anything like the creative vision of Emi. They look like another group of very good Championship players who have been assembled for that very reason. 

Already we are dropping signings that are supposed to be up grades for this league in giannoulis and repalacing them with loanees. Who btw was at fault for both goal yesterday. 

We are going to gel we’re are getting better we are going to click soon. Just don’t see it myself. 

Set up is all wrong. To open in midfield to lightweight and pedestrian. Defence poor. Players who should be improving like Aaron’s going backwards. Literally as he never tried to beat anyone yesterday always looking to pass inside straight away. 

Strikers starved of service. 

Need to beat Watford some are saying. Couldn’t handle them last season don’t expect us to this. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

Just can’t see where the goals are going to come from. We look toothless at this level again and totally unable to keep a clean sheet.

yes we’ve played some good sides but I honestly see mistakes in our defence right across the back four that every team in this league will take advantage of. 

Im sorry to say we look under cooked again in midfield. Not one player has anything like the creative vision of Emi. They look like another group of very good Championship players who have been assembled for that very reason. 

Already we are dropping signings that are supposed to be up grades for this league in giannoulis and repalacing them with loanees. Who btw was at fault for both goal yesterday. 

We are going to gel we’re are getting better we are going to click soon. Just don’t see it myself. 

Set up is all wrong. To open in midfield to lightweight and pedestrian. Defence poor. Players who should be improving like Aaron’s going backwards. Literally as he never tried to beat anyone yesterday always looking to pass inside straight away. 

Strikers starved of service. 

Need to beat Watford some are saying. Couldn’t handle them last season don’t expect us to this. 

Not looking forward to watching Sissoko bully our players off of the park when we play Watford that's for sure..

We're just not good enough. We'll be close in alot of games but we will be lucky to finish higher than 19th 

I loved those who posted that we played the last two Premier League Champions in our first two fixtures and yesterday moved onto the fact that Leicester are the FA Cup holders by way of excuses for 3 defeats.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

I loved those who posted that we played the last two Premier League Champions in our first two fixtures and yesterday moved onto the fact that Leicester are the FA Cup holders by way of excuses for 3 defeats.

Playing teams who are very good seems a pretty good "excuse" or, as others call it 'reason', for losing. Would you be equally disparaging of those who used 'not being as fast as Usain Bolt' as a reason for losing to him?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Sjb said:

We're just not good enough. We'll be close in alot of games but we will be lucky to finish higher than 19th 

I think that's probably about fair, I would imagine there will be an improvement on our 21 points from last time but not enough to keep us up. 

Transfer wise I think we've done the best that we couldve done with the money that we have, we will probably just fall a bit short.

Leicester were a long long way off Liverpool's level, had a makeshift defence and we barely troubled Schmeichel.

We need to and will get better quickly, starting at the worst Arsenal side in living memory.

I get the fact we've played some very good teams but my main concern stems from the fact our main weaknesses- an incredibly soft middle that teams cut right through- is something lesser teams like Palace or Burnley will also be able to exploit with relative ease as we saw 2 years ago. I just can't see any central midfield combo right now being able to cope with the general physicality of this league. Normann could change that but none of us can make any real claim on that right now.

1 hour ago, lake district canary said:

Reasons to be cheerful?  

Get that first point or three points and we will look much better placed to challenge this league.

Or looking at it another way, we’re 38 points off safety so drawing all of our remaining 35 matches won’t be enough which, as we seem to have no idea how to score a goal from open play and therefore unable to win games, is a bit of a problem.

• Like 1

Wow, why don't we all just give up hey? I'm no fan of the Premier League, and VAR and all that comes with it, but we were unlucky yesterday and more than matched a team with top 4 aspirations. So "weakened" were they that they brought on one £25m substitute in the first half and another one in the second.

Leicester scored two decent goals we perhaps could have defended better, but to give up on this team so quickly when Farke hasn't even got his squad sorted out yet is mindbogglingly defeatist. Stop listening to the pundits and the journalists - they know very little about anyone outside the top 6 and in particular they know almost nothing about Norwich City. People in the game itself know what we are doing and how well we are doing it.

We have bought and loaned in good players; players collectively better than what we had. Our squad is stronger than ever before. Clearly, our midfield still needs attention and it is getting it. I still think we were not quite at it physically because of the disrupted pre-season and our two centre backs (Hanley in particular) looked absolutely shattered. They will get up to speed. Williams will settle down. Rashica will be a top player; so will Tzolis, and both Sargent and Idah looked strong and powerful when they came on.

I have no doubt that a rejuvenated Arsenal will turn us over because that's the way of the world, but the four games after that is when we can pick up points. If we are still on 0 after the first 8, we might have a problem, but we don't have one yet. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

After 3 games, if you'd said we'd have been above Leeds and Arsenal in the table, I'd have taken it.

We're not above Leeds.

1 minute ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

See my 2nd post TGS 😉

Fair enough! Had to go back to the first day's results to see the Leeds link, as my first thought was "wait, I'm bloody sure they drew last week!"

27 minutes ago, sgncfc said:

Wow, why don't we all just give up hey? I'm no fan of the Premier League, and VAR and all that comes with it, but we were unlucky yesterday and more than matched a team with top 4 aspirations. So "weakened" were they that they brought on one £25m substitute in the first half and another one in the second.

Leicester scored two decent goals we perhaps could have defended better, but to give up on this team so quickly when Farke hasn't even got his squad sorted out yet is mindbogglingly defeatist. Stop listening to the pundits and the journalists - they know very little about anyone outside the top 6 and in particular they know almost nothing about Norwich City. People in the game itself know what we are doing and how well we are doing it.

We have bought and loaned in good players; players collectively better than what we had. Our squad is stronger than ever before. Clearly, our midfield still needs attention and it is getting it. I still think we were not quite at it physically because of the disrupted pre-season and our two centre backs (Hanley in particular) looked absolutely shattered. They will get up to speed. Williams will settle down. Rashica will be a top player; so will Tzolis, and both Sargent and Idah looked strong and powerful when they came on.

I have no doubt that a rejuvenated Arsenal will turn us over because that's the way of the world, but the four games after that is when we can pick up points. If we are still on 0 after the first 8, we might have a problem, but we don't have one yet. 

Agree with all your points there 

1) I felt we were very unlucky to lose that game. Yes we were poor defensively but we never gave up on trying to find a 2nd equaliser, even after McLean’s header had been ruled out 

2) We need to wait for the transfer window to close, apparently we are closing in on signing another DM which might reduce some of our defensive errors our. We also need to give our new signings time to settle in as you can’t expect them to start performing straight away 

3) We need to see how we do against some of the sides that realistically you would expect to be more likely to finish in the bottom half (Palace, Burnley, Brighton etc). The fury some fans were showing after the games v Liverpool and Man City gave me the impression that they were expecting us to make Europe this season. Are we certain to get relegated? - we’re 1 point adrift of safety with only 105 left to play for. Only if we are still like this about 8-9 games in IMO

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

Spot on in every detail.

2 hours ago, Naturalcynic said:

Or looking at it another way, we’re 38 points off safety so drawing all of our remaining 35 matches won’t be enough which, as we seem to have no idea how to score a goal from open play and therefore unable to win games, is a bit of a problem.

Jesus Christ that is mental when you consider we scored 6 in one match the other night 

So many of you seem to be happy with us having a 26 game season, just forgoing any game against a Top6 team.

The term 'free hit' is so lil old Norwich.

It's all so tedious and predictable.

Arsenal undoubtedly steam role us, because that's just what we do.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Reasons to be cheerful?  

Personally I think we will get relegated again, just not strong enough defensively, coupled with not much threat offensively. Not a moan, not having a go at the club, it is what it is.........

• Like 1

At the end of the day we've played 3 teams we'd have expected to lose to that will probably finish in the top 6. We should probably have got something against Leicester so feels like a point dropped. The real business starts next time out