cambridgeshire canary

Onel Hernández joins 'boro- officially confirmed

Very amusing they decided to announce it with a photo of him scoring against them mind. Still, gonna miss him so much. Always felt he was a very solid player at the Championship level. Sure not quite Prem quality but I always hoped he would be good enough to come off of the bench.. And dare I say I rate him more than I rate Płacheta? Fantastic person too, had the pleasure of meeting him. Top top bloke who always raves about how much he loves this city and club and how he never wants to leave.. And now he's being forced against his will to play under Warnock 😢

One of those players like Simon Lappin who was never that good but you can't help but love anyway. I wish him all the best. In form and in the right team he could tear the Championship a new one, he just needs to find that consistency. 

• Like 1

Not happy with this. Argos has created his own unique "me and NCFC"  profile over the seasons. Neither do I consider him infra-dig as far as a few PL appearances go.

However, we have to give all due obeisance to Farke, but I actually think that I would rather the little (big) fella loaned out to ITFC than up in the far North to ply his season with  Warnock and 'Boro. Disruption included.

If it was really against his will then it's not a particularly good PR event, imo.

I suppose that fat, mouthy 'Boro supporter of YouTube fame has mixed feelings about this as well. "I hate Norwich, just hate them."

Edited by BroadstairsR

Needed to happen, but shame it has to be Middlesborough, who now along with Stoke with Vrancic are my two favourite teams in the championship and hope they do well with our ex-heros....and Cambridge of course.

Edited by lake district canary

6 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Needed to happen, but shame it has to be Middlesborough, who now along with Stoke with Vrancic are my two favourite teams in the championship and hope they do well with our ex-heros....and Cambridge of course.

Hernandez and Vrancic are two players that I have no doubt can still do very well for any top six championship side. Will be worth keeping an eye on them both this season for sure

He always looked dangerous when he came on. He played with so much intensity, and defenders of all levels were scared by him. Unlucky with injury and then didn't really get much of a look in. Clearly Farke didn't rate him, which is a shame. 

Clearly better than Placheta, who doesn't seem to have any positive attributes besides pace. 

His pace and ball carrying in 18/19 gave our attack such a beautiful balance between Pukki, Buendia and Stiepermann. 4 very unique players who all have something different and mixed up waves of attacks with their individual strengths. Hernandez was a big part of that and I was super excited to see them go at the premier league. Then he got injured, Cantwell came along, and very thing changed. I think Onel had bad fortune. 

All the best, Argos! ❤️

Edited by Mr. Raumdeuter III

19 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

He always looked dangerous when he came on. He played with so much intensity, and defenders of all levels were scared by him. Unlucky with injury and then didn't really get much of a look in. Clearly Farke didn't rate him, which is a shame. 

Clearly better than Placheta, who doesn't seem to have any positive attributes besides pace. 

That would be the same Daniel Farke who bought him in the first place and then proceeded to pick him 97 times for Norwich.

Erm............ yeah..............okay................. right....................

1 minute ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

That would be the same Daniel Farke who bought him in the first place and then proceeded to pick him 97 times for Norwich.

Erm............ yeah..............okay................. right....................

Farke clearly doesn’t rate him at this point, or he wouldn’t be going out on loan. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

18 minutes ago, The Bunny said:

Farke clearly doesn’t rate him at this point, or he wouldn’t be going out on loan. Are you being deliberately obtuse?

Okay - but you've added to what you said in your first post - which was what I was responding too. 

Probably just me adding 2 + 2 and making 79, but a little part of me wonders if Onel might be a bit of a sweetener in getting Fry here from Boro. 

Well he’s due back in a year - if he plays week in week out (something that obviously wasn’t going to happen here this term) then maybe his form will get him back to a point where he might re-feature for us... 

Whilst not impossible I know this to be unlikely - I too have a soft spot for the fella...

• Like 1

With Stiepermann, Vrancic, Hernandez, Trybull etc... all left, it seems like the end of an era.

Time seems to fly by in football.

Will always be remembered for their contributions.

Although I will say Tettey seemed to be here for several era's. The legend.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Interesting that Keiron Scott decided he wanted Hernandez and not Placheta.

I think he made the right decision!

An alternative interpretation is that WE decided we want Placheta and not Hernandez. (Since they are our players it's far more likely than what you suggested). 

19 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

With Stiepermann, Vrancic, Hernandez, Trybull etc... all left, it seems like the end of an era.

Time seems to fly by in football.

Will always be remembered for their contributions.

Although I will say Tettey seemed to be here for several era's. The legend.

Worth remembering that this was the very first competitive 11 that Farke put out for us.. How time flies

farke.png

3 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Should have sent them Placheta

Even Warnock would notice the difference, unfortunately. 

Good luck, Onel! Wishing him all the best.

An amazing player who played a key role in our two recent promotions. A great guy overall who brought a lot to the club. I liked the Argos meme with him too.