Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Local non league football

1 hour ago, Mr Apples said:

Just to get a football fix, I'm a season ticket holder at a local Scottish Lowland League club and it's great entertainment for a reasonable price. At a game earlier in the season I saw a 3-3 draw, with two penalties, six red cards and a full scale dugouts clearing brawl at the final whistle...all for £6. 💪 🤣

Apples

Did you shake your head in disgust at all the violence while filming it all, like they do on the TV? 😀

25 minutes ago, Herman said:

Did you shake your head in disgust at all the violence while filming it all, like they do on the TV?

Herman, I just tutted in a disappointed manner while shaking my head...I couldn't get my phone out quick enough. 🤣

Luckily someone else videoed it.

Groundhop Sat 4 Sep 2021 Bo'Ness United Vs East Stirlingshire ALL KICKS OFF AT END OF GAME FIGHT - YouTube

Apples

• Haha 1

I was so outraged that I had to watch it on widescreen and give it a thumbs up.😀

• Haha 1

On 11/10/2021 at 13:26, Mr Apples said:

Just to get a football fix, I'm a season ticket holder at a local Scottish Lowland League club and it's great entertainment for a reasonable price. At a game earlier in the season I saw a 3-3 draw, with two penalties, six red cards and a full scale dugouts clearing brawl at the final whistle...all for £6. 💪 🤣

Apples

I'm on my way 😂

• Haha 1

Wroxham 1-2 Gorleston 

Have to say Gorleston took their chances and Wroxham didn’t, the away keeper had an excellent game and made a number of really good saves. Wroxham weren’t at their best but you can see why Gorleston are doing well as they’re well organised. Gorleston are now four points clear at the top but have played one game more, long way to go yet.

Attendance-386

Edited by FenwayFrank
  • Like 1

A friend of mine has just put in an offer on a house in Sprowston. He’s a Watford fan but I think he prefers watching non-league football-he often goes to see Chesham United. Can anyone suggest a team that would be fairly local to Sprowston and at roughly the same level as Chesham, that is accessible by public transport? The ground should probably also have a bar.

Cheers.

11 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

A friend of mine has just put in an offer on a house in Sprowston. He’s a Watford fan but I think he prefers watching non-league football-he often goes to see Chesham United. Can anyone suggest a team that would be fairly local to Sprowston and at roughly the same level as Chesham, that is accessible by public transport? The ground should probably also have a bar.

Cheers.

First thing, don’t worry, they all have a bar 😁. I’ve had a quick look and I think Chesham are step 3/4 which would put them at around the level of Lowestoft. I would suggest trying out a few games at different levels. He could go to conference level Kings Lynn and then down the leagues would be trips to Lowestoft, Dereham or my level of non league which would be Wroxham. I can’t remember the last time I used public transport so am no help there other than there must be a bus from Sprowston to Wroxham and there’s obviously the train to Lynn or Lowestoft. He’ll soon find a club he wants to support and I’m sure he’ll be made very welcome. 

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

First thing, don’t worry, they all have a bar 😁. I’ve had a quick look and I think Chesham are step 3/4 which would put them at around the level of Lowestoft. I would suggest trying out a few games at different levels. He could go to conference level Kings Lynn and then down the leagues would be trips to Lowestoft, Dereham or my level of non league which would be Wroxham. I can’t remember the last time I used public transport so am no help there other than there must be a bus from Sprowston to Wroxham and there’s obviously the train to Lynn or Lowestoft. He’ll soon find a club he wants to support and I’m sure he’ll be made very welcome. 

Cheers FF, sounds like there is a lot of choice for him. I don’t know whether he’ll be made welcome though, he’s a retired civil servant with some very strange ideas. He was also in a new wave band whose main claim to fame was that they once supported The Fall!