Sign in to follow this  
FenwayFrank

Local non league football

'Lowestoft's scheduled Emirates FA Cup Preliminary Round match against Mulbarton Wanderers this Saturday, August 20 at The Fosters Solicitors Community Stadium has now been postponed, as the FA investigates the previous round's encounter between Mulbarton Wanderers and Haverhill Rovers'

What have Mulbarton been up to???? Or is it Haverhill who are dodgy?!

Update..

Mulbarton Wanderers First Team have today been notified that we have been eliminated from the Emirates FA Cup due to playing an ineligible player during the extra-time replay victory vs Haverhill Rovers on Tuesday 9th August 2022.

A player was dismissed during the club’s opening league fixture vs Sheringham and was subsequently banned for 3 matches. The club made a miscalculation of when the player’s suspension came into effect and therefore take full responsibility for this unfortunate error.

I promise you the majority of residents (and ex residents) can count!

Edited by The Raptor
  • Haha 1

I sometimes used to watch Attleborough Town at the Rec when I lived out that way.  Plenty of graft I will say that, and one of the funniest moments I've ever witnessed at a football match.

Boro were leading 1-0 with five minutes to go when the opposition equalised.  Suspecting offside, the Boro trainer leapt up from the bench and pursued the linesman shouting "Lino, I want a word with you!".  The trainer's wife was watching, and she shouted even louder "John, come yew back here and shut your cakehole!"  As he slunk back towards the bench, someone called out "No sex tonight then John!"  You just don't get that sort of thing at Carrow Road.

Edited by benchwarmer
  • Haha 2

Just seen a couple of ex-City 'legends' over the last couple of weeks in Scottish non-league.

Steven Naismith, now in charge of Hearts B. Funnily enough his team are whiney cloggers and very one dimensional.

Kris Renton now playing at Tranent, who is the size of a gable end (and just as mobile).

Apples

Took in Wroxham vs. East Thurrock yesterday. Good game, Wroxham went 2 up early then stopped playing so a fair result at losing 3-2. Two reds, about 9 yellows and plenty of chat.

The East Thurrock coach was hilarious, wearing very short shorts, which he was constantly pulling up and rearranging...then doing hamstring stretches and squats. 😱🤣

Love non-league footie. 😍🤣

Apples

• Like 3

On 16/10/2022 at 20:32, Mr Apples said:

Took in Wroxham vs. East Thurrock yesterday. Good game, Wroxham went 2 up early then stopped playing so a fair result at losing 3-2. Two reds, about 9 yellows and plenty of chat.

The East Thurrock coach was hilarious, wearing very short shorts, which he was constantly pulling up and rearranging...then doing hamstring stretches and squats. 😱🤣

Love non-league footie. 😍🤣

Apples

I thought we’d managed to hang on for a point, Thurrock the better team by some way though and deserved their win. 

Sorry I missed you FF, could have had a pint!

I don't know what happened to Wroxham, whether it was just a sloppy start by Thurrock or they just dropped too deep after the 2 goal lead and let Thurrock come onto them.

Off to see Rangers B vs. East Stirlingshire at Dumbarton tonight. 😅

Apples

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

I really can't understand anyone watching local football unless you have a friend, son, nephew etc playing.

You’re on the wrong thread then 😁

• Haha 1

Wroxham have drawn three and won two from their last five games. Up to 14th. Football clubs at this level seem to have revolving doors don’t they ? We’ve lost a few players and got a couple in, Jack Robinson has come from Fakenham and has made us more balanced on the right. I’m starting to think we can stay up 😁

• Like 1

That's random. Im sure there must be a perfectly reasonable explanation...

It reminds me. I need to look up Mulbartons fixtures and see what's feasible to fit around city games. 

11 hours ago, The Raptor said:

That's random. Im sure there must be a perfectly reasonable explanation...

It reminds me. I need to look up Mulbartons fixtures and see what's feasible to fit around city games. 

Last year was awful. Virtually all the home fixtures clashed. The coming season is the opposite and you should be free to attend most home games. 

There have been some very good signings in the summer which point to a different style of play. And we welcome back Jonesy who will be looking to beat his record of 15 yellows in a season 😂

Edited by dylanisabaddog

On 23/07/2023 at 06:39, dylanisabaddog said:

Last year was awful. Virtually all the home fixtures clashed. The coming season is the opposite and you should be free to attend most home games. 

There have been some very good signings in the summer which point to a different style of play. And we welcome back Jonesy who will be looking to beat his record of 15 yellows in a season 😂

Did you go Friday night Dylan ? I hear it got a bit tetchy 

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Did you go Friday night Dylan ? I hear it got a bit tetchy 

No I didn't.  Why on earth would they get wound up about a friendly? Mind you, Jonesy is back at Mulbarton and he could start a fight over just about anything.... 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Saturday 19th. Mulbarton v Bedford in the Fa Cup! Bring it on!

That's quite late, a lot of teams played yesterday in the cup. I went to watch Wroxham at Yaxley yesterday, at 0-0 their keeper called a couple of us "f*cking inbred c*nuts". I enjoyed watching him pick the ball out of his net seven times 😃

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

That's quite late, a lot of teams played yesterday in the cup. I went to watch Wroxham at Yaxley yesterday, at 0-0 their keeper called a couple of us "f*cking inbred c*nuts". I enjoyed watching him pick the ball out of his net seven times 😃

They played yesterday. Beat Sheringham 2-1. This is the next round. 

• Like 1

Mulbarton have been poor today and quite thuggish in the second half. 3-1 down now. Going out of the cup. Time to concentrate on the league!

23 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Amazing game in the Thurlow Nunn yesterday that finished Dereham 5 Mulbarton 6, I'm sure @dylanisabaddog is very pleased with that result 😀

Extraordinary. Thommo got a hat trick in the first 18 minutes. He must be getting close to 40 now so quite an achievement. How are things with Wroxham? 

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Extraordinary. Thommo got a hat trick in the first 18 minutes. He must be getting close to 40 now so quite an achievement. How are things with Wroxham? 

We've won our last two which puts us comfortably in mid table which is where I expect us to finish, realistically we're punching above our weight so I'm happy with things.

12 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

We've won our last two which puts us comfortably in mid table which is where I expect us to finish, realistically we're punching above our weight so I'm happy with things.

Good. I would be worried about Mulbarton if promoted. It probably wouldn't end well. Mildenhall will win ithe league and should be OK at a level above but the play offs will be 4 very evenly matched teams who aren't of the same class. 

13 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Good. I would be worried about Mulbarton if promoted. It probably wouldn't end well. Mildenhall will win ithe league and should be OK at a level above but the play offs will be 4 very evenly matched teams who aren't of the same class. 

Once you get into step four there are quite a few teams that have some very good players. The other thing is competing at this level costs more, particularly with the extra travel from Norfolk when you're playing teams based in north London. As a little side note the Maldon and Tiptree manager on Saturday was Jamie Cureton 🙂

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Once you get into step four there are quite a few teams that have some very good players. The other thing is competing at this level costs more, particularly with the extra travel from Norfolk when you're playing teams based in north London. As a little side note the Maldon and Tiptree manager on Saturday was Jamie Cureton 🙂

Not only does it cost more we would probably lose quite a few visiting supporters. 

Despite the fact that the club is doing so well the attendances still aren't as good as they should be. And the main issue is that Mulbarton don't have 4 or 5 stand out players, they have 10 of a very good Thurlow Nunn standard plus a goalkeeper who should be playing two tiers higher. It wouldn't be easy if they do go up. 

Nice to hear Jamie has made a start!

Edited by dylanisabaddog

Went to see Mulbarton play today. Comfortable 3-1 win. They should've had a few more. 

My only complaint is that the players need to stop hoofing the ball out of play over my head. Almost got fed up with having to keep retrieving it!