Anyone surprised that Mr Shearer thinks that var got our penalty wrong and the offside correct? 😂 

I could write their script every week.

We beat arsenal in a couple weeks "Norwich got the points but it was arsenal's own doing" 

Can’t watch MOTD, Lineker and whoever the ‘expert’ is are all unbearable.

But how the f*** does he think the penalty decision was wrong? PLM taken out and Soyuncu didn’t get the ball. A free kick anywhere else on the pitch so definitely a pen. Had it been at the other end and Hanley made that challenge, it would be described as naive and reckless.

Glad the ratings are falling off a cliff. Get a likeable presenter and knowledgeable pundits, not just any old ex footballers. I get better analysis from amateur podcasts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Anyone surprised that Mr Shearer thinks that var got our penalty wrong and the offside correct? 😂 

I could write their script every week.

We beat arsenal in a couple weeks "Norwich got the points but it was arsenal's own doing" 

Nope, like I posted on the offside thread I can only assume Delia has done the dirty with his dad or something, he has always had this bizarre disliking of us. 

My brother is a Newcastle fan, he gets very upset when I start telling what I think of Shearer 😄

• Haha 1

Lineker is an absoloute ****.

Leicster could lose 10-0 and he would still find some way to claim they were the better team and how they should have won

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

47 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Nope, like I posted on the offside thread I can only assume Delia has done the dirty with his dad or something, he has always had this bizarre disliking of us. 

My brother is a Newcastle fan, he gets very upset when I start telling what I think of Shearer 😄

Perhaps he is still harbouring a grudge from the 1992 semi final replay. 

https://youtu.be/va8zj8hnVzY

Shearer (The talksport of football TV) wants to try and stay relevant and edgy. He talked about Conor Gallagher's 2nd goal for Palace yesterday is a goal of the month contender, yet it took a deflection off one the West ham defenders to present  the ball for him to turn on. 🤦‍♂️

Lineker is always wooden

1 hour ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I tend to watch MOTD when we win. So I haven’t watched it for a very long time . 

Ditto, but it's up to us to knock them from off their perch.

Whilst our results continue to confirm their bias, they will not relent.

Our image has been better, as far as the upper echelons of the game goes.

There will be no time for them to appreciate our self-funding model, whilst creaming over the billionaire clubs, until we start to prove ourselves on the field of play.

They will still even have more interest in Dodgy Derby simply because they are managed by one of their own. That alone seems to make us intruders.

Nobody remembers who came second (or last in our case.)

MotD is based upon over-reaction and hype. Let's hope that either Sargent or Tzolis eventually qualify for some of that.

Edited by BroadstairsR

13 minutes ago, unique said:

How reflective of the game were the all too brief highlights?

They were OK, I though Micah Richards who highlighted our defensive issues was spot on and at least had clearly watched the game prior to commenting on it. Lineker (who I don't hate like others appear to) didn't really make any comments either way, Shearer rather predictably just made uneducated comments about us (as is his way) as well as basically saying Leicester were done by VAR. 

Shearer, great player no doubt, possibly the worst and laziest pundit out there, he makes Jamie O'Hara seem intelligent. 

• Like 1

I haven't watched MOTD for years and not just because of us not being in the PL as I used to watch religiously week in week out no matter what.

I watch Soccer Saturday to see the score updates and then switch off so I don't have to listen to the experts talk nonsense and I used to watch Football Focus until this year but now can't watch it. 

If I want to see highlights of any game I watch on the sky sports football page where you get the highlights and no expert nonsense.

The only one I still watch is EFL Quest, Colin Murray and Michelle Owen get it spot on and they get some good people on like Stephen Warnock, Deano and the Sam Parkin who used to play for Luton.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

They were OK, I though Micah Richards who highlighted our defensive issues was spot on and at least had clearly watched the game prior to commenting on it. Lineker (who I don't hate like others appear to) didn't really make any comments either way, Shearer rather predictably just made uneducated comments about us (as is his way) as well as basically saying Leicester were done by VAR. 

Shearer, great player no doubt, possibly the worst and laziest pundit out there, he makes Jamie O'Hara seem intelligent. 

Slightly OT BBC are between a rock and a hard place. They know their MOTD audience is still white and male , and of a particular era. I doubt anyone under 30 sees MOTD as a go to source of football insight . So they stick with Shearer et al. 

Shearer is painful to watch. A dinosaur from a period which is mostly irrelevant. 

It needs a massive change in format . The idea that you watch 5 mins of a game then spend 5 mins padding talking about it (when everyone knows they haven’t watched every game) is guff. 

• Like 1

I remember about 15 years ago MOTD was predominantly highlights with little analysis, and the Sky's Goals on Sunday on late Sunday morning was the opposite, with very few highlights but lots of analysis. There was a presenter and Chris Kamara every week, who was a decent analyst despite his clown-like persona, and they brought in a couple of current pros every week to assist with the analysis and also have a laugh.

It seems that MOTD has now moved towards analysis and Goals on Sunday has fallen by the wayside, which is a shame really. Maybe MOTD could revert to being highlights and interview based, with something else taking up the analysis side? It just seems that in an 80/90-minute show there isn't enough time to do highlights, interviews and analysis properly in a ten-minute slot which MOTD are trying to do.

1 hour ago, unique said:

How reflective of the game were the all too brief highlights?

Obviously showed Leicester to be on top more so then they actually were. We didn't get the 100 different looks at the offside like we would of done had it been the other way around. 

2 hours ago, Graham Paddons Beard said:

I tend to watch MOTD when we win. So I haven’t watched it for a very long time . 

Same. Hoping to watch them at some point before my birthday (March 2022)... 🤞🥳

OTBC

1 hour ago, Ken Hairy said:

Williams to blame for both goals. As Richards pointed out too. Gianni should start ahead of him every bloody day. Yay he played great against a Bournemouth youth team, let's start him vs Leicester, some posters on here are so stupid.

Even by Shearers really low standards its bizarre that he thinks VAR got our penalty wrong. On what basis does he think that?

Honestly, “staying up to watch match of the day” is like watching the news at 10pm or buying a newspaper, who the hell does it? You can get any games highlights you want on demand for free after the game is finished. I just don’t understand? It reminds me of when people were moaning about Prince Phillips funeral coverage. Turn it off? You literally have infinite on demand options? It amazes me how many people still haven’t got the net yet on how modern TV works. The license fee won’t survive a couple more years for sure.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Honestly, “staying up to watch match of the day” is like watching the news at 10pm or buying a newspaper, who the hell does it? You can get any games highlights you want on demand for free after the game is finished. I just don’t understand? It reminds me of when people were moaning about Prince Phillips funeral coverage. Turn it off? You literally have infinite on demand options? It amazes me how many people still haven’t got the net yet on how modern TV works. The license fee won’t survive a couple more years for sure.

I didn't stay up to watch MOTD, I was up so watched it. I'm not a 10 or 70 year old who goes to bed at 9pm on a Saturday....😏

Just now, Ken Hairy said:

I didn't stay up to watch MOTD, I was up so watched it. I'm not a 10 or 70 year old who goes to bed at 9pm on a Saturday....😏

> Watching live terrestrial TV

Boomer detected

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

> Watching live terrestrial TV

Boomer detected

Using the term boomer > argument lost 😉

I'm not a boomer fwiw. 

10 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Oh good. As long as we can blame someone, it will sort itself out.

OK we will play him against arsenal, because he was so good and cost us the game. If you watch the highlights, 2nd goal he was awful, looked and saw where Albrighton was, didn't move across to get tight too him, when he eventually thought he better get closer Albrighton already had the ball and took a touch and looked up. Even at the start of the move he was positioned like a centre half. Yes he's a young player but Jesus christ... if hes so good why isn't he on united bench? Because united aren't that stupid to let him make the mistakes for them and make them for us. Sadly time isn't on our side. 

We're not welcome in this little club. That's why I was banging on yesterday about being a spoiler team. I don't want to see Norwich become a Milwall or anything, but I want other teams to respect us and hate playing against us. We support a wonderful football club that brings joy to so many people and does such good work in the community and I'm sick of seeing us get the pi55 taken out of us at this level. Which is why I want to see us battle and scrap more.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Using the term boomer > argument lost 😉

I'm not a boomer fwiw. 

You aren’t a boomer but you are sitting there waiting for the eastenders omnibus to start, yuh, uhuh, uhkaay.