Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Somone explain how this is offside

44 minutes ago, Virtual reality said:

It’s offside. the keeper wasn’t getting there.

You've totally contradicted yourself there. How the **** is Todd interfering with something the keeper was never getting??????? 

Ludicrous decision, an utter nonsense. 

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

The only reason it was given was because Schmeicel ran after the ref screaming and shouting and waving his arms about and the linesman shat himself.

Did the flag only go up after the keeper started ranting and raving?

We just have to file it under “harsh” and move on.

As with the Liverpool game, there were plenty of positives to take - all well and good but we will need to turn those positives into points in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

We just have to file it under “harsh” and move on.

Nope, I'm furious about this one, and suggest I'm going to be banging on about it for as long as I have Simon ****ing Hooper 😁

• Haha 1

He was offside. There were not two players between him and the goal. I hate the decision because it was a thunderous header and the keeper would never have got to it.

But VAR showed he was marginally, but thats as good as a mile, offside. You can bellyache as much as you want about if it was Manure etc but that verges on the paranoia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

He was offside. There were not two players between him and the goal. I hate the decision because it was a thunderous header and the keeper would never have got to it.

But VAR showed he was marginally, but thats as good as a mile, offside. You can bellyache as much as you want about if it was Manure etc but that verges on the paranoia.

But he wasn't interfering with play FFS!!!!!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

1 minute ago, keelansgrandad said:

But the ball wasnt passed to cantwell...the ball was headed at the goal.

The question is then was cantwell interfering with schmeichels vision or ability to get to the oncoming ball, which he wasnt

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Besthorpe-48 said:

but it was offside so let's move on

But it wasn't so let's not 🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

You've totally contradicted yourself there. How the **** is Todd interfering with something the keeper was never getting??????? 

Ludicrous decision, an utter nonsense. 

Not at all. Irrelevant of if he was getting there he was still standing right in front of him. It’s offside 

• Like 1

Just now, Virtual reality said:

Not at all. Irrelevant of if he was getting there he was still standing right in front of him. It’s offside 

No not irrelevant at all, Todd has to be preventing Schmeical getting the ball, he's not even close to doing that. Ridiculous decision. 

It's disappointing. But he's interfering with play, so he's offside. It's a shame, but it's just one of those things.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I suggest you refer to this: https://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-11---offside

36 minutes ago, Pyro Pete said:

It's disappointing. But he's interfering with play, so he's offside. It's a shame, but it's just one of those things.

How. Remove Cantwell from that phase of play and tell me how it ends differently.

Does Todd's presence prevent a genetic mutation that enables Schemeichel's arms to grow the two feet they would have needed to to save it? Does him standing there stop the posts moving in? Did him being there mean McLean got a few extra mph on his header?

Total ****. The fact they took all that time shows they wanted to give it but had a call to take from the shower of **** running the WWEPL.

• Like 1

Read all these posts. My conclusion, I not longer understand the rules of a simple.game. That should be enough to tell you it's wrong. 

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Agreed - the law says:

• preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball by clearly obstructing the opponent’s line of vision or 
  • challenging an opponent for the ball

Not convinced either of those is true in the above clip. Put it this way, I'm not sure VAR would have over-ruled the linesman if he kept his flag down.

If you're dead in front of the keeper, it's expected that you're obscuring his vision. Classic example of that messy formulation - "actively interfering with play" - but he's stood dead in front of Schmeichel, so the first clause is definitely satisfied, so the decision was right. Annoying, but right.

Why is this so difficult for people to understand???????????????

He wasn't 'preventing an opponent from playing or being able to play the ball' because it was physically impossible for Schmeichel to play the ball.

YOU CAN'T PREVENT SOMEBODY FROM DOING SOMETHING THAT THEY COULDN'T HAVE DONE!!!

Shock horror, that bald geordie **** thinks VAR got theirs right and ours wrong. Did Delia shag his dad or something?? That **** always loves sagging us off!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sjb said:

https://fb.watch/7GfZaIa7yk/

I don't understand where the air is between cantwell and their defender. VAR knew they messed up, as they usually/used to show the reasons for it on the screen 

Cantwell is clearly offside. Further, if you adjusted the camera angle to be aligned, rather than at a slight angle from behind, it would be even more apparent.

2 hours ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

But the ball wasnt passed to cantwell...the ball was headed at the goal.

The question is then was cantwell interfering with schmeichels vision or ability to get to the oncoming ball, which he wasnt

Of course he , Cantwell is virtually in his pocket, the only thing he doesn’t do is push into him as Todd is too light weight , but definitely impeding him from making any sort of effort to get to the ball regardless of wether he would have !

12 minutes ago, Heading South said:

Of course he , Cantwell is virtually in his pocket, the only thing he doesn’t do is push into him as Todd is too light weight , but definitely impeding him from making any sort of effort to get to the ball regardless of wether he would have !

What on earth are you talking about? Cantwell is stood in front of Schmeichel. For Schmeichel to save it he would have to have dived to his left. Cantwell is doing nothing to stop Schmeichel diving to his left is he? 

2 minutes ago, Heading South said:

If the ball was coming straight at ...or within reachable distance of Schmeichel , then yes....but its gone in the corner. A) he wasnt getting there ..B) it didnt stop him from diving across

So many people here including it seems Shearer (although he just loves hating on us), that do not understand that rule 😔

Cantwell was just goal side of their last defender, that's ok if he is not interfering but he was trying to impede Schmeichel. Schmeichel made no effort to get around Cantwell but knew he didn't need to because Cantwell was impeding/interfering.

9 minutes ago, Costessey Posse said:

note defender's heel. Also, as the ball comes in, it's Schmeichel who has his hands on Todd, who is just standing there. **** decision

I think the defender moved up from this position as McLean heads it, putting Cantwell offside and Cantwell is impeding Schmeichel's ability to move out which is probably what is called interfering with play

13 minutes ago, Mullet said:

I think the defender moved up from this position as McLean heads it, putting Cantwell offside and Cantwell is impeding Schmeichel's ability to move out which is probably what is called interfering with play

But why would Schmeichel be moving out when the ball is flying into the corner of the net five yards to his left? 

• Like 1