Sign in to follow this  
KeiranShikari

Loan guys should be benched for Arsenal, or just sent back.

With Leicester weak and there to be got at Giannoulis should have played today. Gilmour is a passenger when we're not on the ball (which seems to be most of the time) so Sorenesen would have been far more effective.

Sure they finished 5th last year but they were awful today and that was predictable. Injuries and early season inconsistency mean that we've probably just faced one of the weakest sides we'll face this season.

Cantwell should be looking over his shoulder too.

I'm not the reactionary sort either btw.

Arsenal are being undone when put under pressure, first goal will be vital if we want a result. Gilmour hasn’t impressed and we need a proper CDM presence so if someone hasn’t signed by then it’s Sorenson in for me. Drop Gilmour, go 4-2-3-1.

I dont see what Sorensen gives us that Gilmour doesn't. Seems the definition of reactionary to me! We had near enough 50% possession which I'm sure was higher in the second half where we dominated more.

Conceded a poor first goal and should have probably fouled in build up to the second but overall a considerably better performance with a team still getting used to one another. 

It would be better if Gilmour played in his usual position. When he broke into the Chelsea side, he was the one who went forward out of the defensive side of midfield.

Now everyone is expecting a Skipp clone. He isn't that type of player.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I dont see what Sorensen gives us that Gilmour doesn't. Seems the definition of reactionary to me! We had near enough 50% possession which I'm sure was higher in the second half where we dominated more.

Conceded a poor first goal and should have probably fouled in build up to the second but overall a considerably better performance with a team still getting used to one another. 

Sorenson can track a runner and tackle. Gilmour’s strength is his vision and passing, I’d be happy to play him alongside Sorenson in a 2 but I think McClean’s on better form right now (and I’m not traditionally a fan of Kenny). I don’t feel it’s reactionary to play our only recognised CDM after 3 games where that position has been a glaring weakness!

3 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

One of the weakest sides? Top 4 aside, they are by far the best of the rest

Like I said, injuries, poor form and inconsistency. They were there for the taking today.

We'll face weaker 11s than theirs on paper but those 11s will be far more solid and drilled.

1 minute ago, hogesar said:

I dont see what Sorensen gives us that Gilmour doesn't

At least we'd be developing one of our own players. He's less vision and passing but certainly stronger in the tackle than Gilmour.

Just now, keelansgrandad said:

Now everyone is expecting a Skipp clone. He isn't that type of player.

Anyone who watched the Scotland vs England game knew he wasn't a defensive player.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

That's a stretch. I'd say there's at least 5 teams capable of a top 5/6 finish. And Leicester were very much weakened today by injuries. It was a good opportunity to beat them, and I'd have fancied most Premier league clubs to have done so today. They were absolutely thumped at West Ham last time out, too. 

4 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

'Loan guys'

If you are not gonna bother learning their names then you clearly don't know enough to talk about the subject.

Whatever you say, forum poster man.

I thought the original post was ironic. Now I'm not so sure.

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Don’t be Krul said:

I’m afraid today Leicester were not the best of anything . They were poor . Gifted two goals by losing the ball in the wrong areas. Decent enough finishes but they won’t be given that many chances by most Prem Sides - and they were weakened by injury at the back. 
Leicester took two chances , we spurned two chances (Sargent and Idah) . Games like today are crucial to get points to stay up. 

Gilmour can be as pants as you like but he will play in most games this season because I'm sure that's what we've agreed with Chelsea.

He needs to be further forward where his passing range can be of better use. That means a quality DM and dropping either PLM or Kenny to accomodate him.

31 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Gilmour can be as pants as you like but he will play in most games this season because I'm sure that's what we've agreed with Chelsea.

He needs to be further forward where his passing range can be of better use. That means a quality DM and dropping either PLM or Kenny to accomodate him.

That isn't the way it works.

Clubs don't guarantee loan signings appearances. What the owning club generally does is introduce penalties for fewer appearances that essentially make the loan more expensive.

Out of PLM, McLean and Gilmour, Gilmour definitely looked the most leightweight. Sure that probably has to with him playing out of position, but still. 

Gilmour has good qualities, but today it was his sloppy defensive play that played part in both of Leicester goals. Watching near on the first one and not taking the defensive challenge to the end in build up of second. 

So yes, his impact today was negative. But lets see, maybe he will grow to it in a bit. And if not, I am sure that Farke does not hesitate to play someone else. In any case, Gilmour really needs to step up with his defensive work and show that he deserves that spot.

2 hours ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Arsenal are being undone when put under pressure, first goal will be vital if we want a result. Gilmour hasn’t impressed and we need a proper CDM presence so if someone hasn’t signed by then it’s Sorenson in for me. Drop Gilmour, go 4-2-3-1.

This

• Like 1

Gilmour just looks like he can't be arsed to defend a lot of the time. Jogging back, not bothering to try to get in a tackle. It's rare to see that in a Farke midfield - he doesn't usually tolerate if for long. Williams was also at fault for both goals today. I wouldn't write either off, but neither is doing enough to justify being an automatic starter. Gilmour in particular needs a break. Maybe he'll come back hungrier if he realises he needs to work for it. 

7 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm not the reactionary sort either btw.

😂😂😂

This post isn't helping the quoted argument my friend. Not one bit.

9 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

That's a stretch. I'd say there's at least 5 teams capable of a top 5/6 finish. And Leicester were very much weakened today by injuries. It was a good opportunity to beat them, and I'd have fancied most Premier league clubs to have done so today. They were absolutely thumped at West Ham last time out, too. 

‘Very much weakened’.

Missing one or two good players, especially in central defence, no question, as were we (Tzolis), but am looking forward to hearing about all these first team starters that were missing yesterday and left them ‘very much weakened’ - sorry to be blunt but you are talking b0ll0cks 👍

• Like 1

Other than the mistake for the goal I thought Williams had a very good game. 

Gilmour is not playing in a style that’s going to get the best from his game he, so give the kid some credit he had some very nice touches and passes today. What he needs is an enforcer next to him to allow him more creative freedom. I’d look at him Like a young xavi who needed busquets behind to worry about winning the ball and allowing him to dictate the play. 

it Was always going to be a tough game I was very encouraged by the performance for the rest of the season even if we have lapses in concentration defending. Leaving vardy so much space for the first was criminal. That aside A majority of fans seemed to agree that there was an improvement by staying and clapping the guys off after the game for their efforts today. 

I trust farke to pick the team he’s done pretty good so far as our manager. 

• Like 1

Why have we given Sorenson a four year contract extension if we don't intend to play him regularly? Are we planning for the championship and if so, why didn't we play him in midfield last season?

1 hour ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Why have we given Sorenson a four year contract extension if we don't intend to play him regularly? Are we planning for the championship and if so, why didn't we play him in midfield last season?

Because of Skipp.