7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

I'm not a big cantwell fan but that's overly harsh. He did some nice things today and there were a couple of first time passes and flicks that set us off attacking. I agree with the gist of what you say, but you can't just ignore the positives because you don't like him.

Apart from a back heel in the first half and his effort in the last 30 seconds plus his shot that was about it.  
As some other contributors have said, either the formations doesn't suit Cantwell or he’s not good enough at the moment. 

Personally I’d sell ASAP and get a decent DM and CB.

I was in front of Cantwell warming up on Tues night. He was there for two goals we scored. He didn't even acknowledge a single goal and just looked at the ground. I'm sorry but that is just wrong

Edited by mastoola
spelling

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Looks like Todd is a bit Marmite, £30m? Never happening In our dreams. 

The problem is there is a 30m player in there. He is to comfortable at Norwich and needs to go to a club where he starts from nothing. As a Norfolk boy myself i want him to go to the top but when he has the attitude he has now its not going to happen

2 minutes ago, mastoola said:

The problem is there is a 30m player in there. He is to comfortable at Norwich and needs to go to a club where he starts from nothing. As a Norfolk boy myself i want him to go to the top but when he has the attitude he has now its not going to happen

Plum picking starts soon if he gets in a rut. Nice fruit available roadside on the 47 this time of year.

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Plum picking starts soon if he gets in a rut. Nice fruit available roadside on the 47 this time of year.

I will tell him you are waiting for him 

I watched a fair chunk of the game yesterday and Cantwell just didn't look interested at times, he is such a frustrating player as the ability is clearly there but something is missing at the moment and the team needs players to give 100% every game otherwise they won't survive.

13 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This thread is a total embarrassment. Cantwell wasn't brilliant today, but he wasn't terrible either. He put in a shift and did some really good things. The people who claim that he doesn't track back clearly aren't actually watching the game. Leicester broke on us from a corner late in the game when we had committed a lot of players forward and Cantwell sprinted back nearly the whole length of the pitch and put in a sliding challenge which slowed up the Leicester attack. There was another occasion early in the second half when Leicester tried to play out from the back and he sprinted to harry three Leicester players one after the other culminating in Schmeicel slicing it out for a throw in to us. 

Agree with youThirsty

9 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Paddy Davit’s player ratings:

image.thumb.png.fc04f9ac4add5c9bfe5843d903759ed7.png

Pink ‘un Forum Rating:

Todd Cantwell 1

Wears an Alice band, posts on Instagram, and didn’t go mental ballistic when we scored a goal against a team that were already beat!

sarcasm intended 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

When I said 'what was all that' I mean the goal being ruled off but it's interesting to see people have decided to turn that into slagging him off.. Then again guess this would not be the Pink'Un forum without Cantwell hate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

When I said 'what was all that' I mean the goal being ruled off but it's interesting to see people have decided to turn that into slagging him off.. Then again guess this would not be the Pink'Un forum without Cantwell hate

We’re all just jealous Cambridge because secretly we’d all love to have long blond hair and an Alice band!

• Haha 1

On 28/08/2021 at 21:59, mastoola said:

What did he do right?  Even my wife who is a Chelsea fan was shouting at the tv for him to get up and track back. Yes there is a good player in there but he needs to move to a club were he cant act as a premadonna . When he gets put on his aris he needs to get up and still be a team player.  too many times he just looks around in disbelief.

Is this a player who thinks he's too good for the Championship? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Is this a player who thinks he's too good for the Championship? 

I'm presuming it's a player who played their trade before her 1984 hit 'Holiday' 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

I'm presuming it's a player who played their trade before her 1984 hit 'Holiday' 🤷‍♂️

As opposed to a premiumdonnner, which is a player who should be grilled with a skewer up their ****. Which appears to be what the football cognoscenti on this thread think of Todd.

Edited by Nuff Said
  • Haha 2

Todd is great a player, I have enjoyed watching him develop.  I have a nagging feeling he may leave in this window.

When I look at our current team it does seem his place is under pressure, in fact if he left the variety of options and depth available changes very little for Farke.  His contract with the club is in a position where the club can’t be confident they will sell him for good money (So why invest in his development above those on long contracts), and the squad is not being built to show case the best of his talents.  I think the club would be tempted by a decent offer (I am sure plenty of teams would want him), in a years time it will be difficult to sell him for fair price, unless he signs a new contract.

I contrast that with Max where he is clearly integral to the team, and NCFC are sure if anyone wants to sign him the club will benefit financially.

3 hours ago, Newtopia said:

Todd is great a player, I have enjoyed watching him develop.  I have a nagging feeling he may leave in this window.

When I look at our current team it does seem his place is under pressure, in fact if he left the variety of options and depth available changes very little for Farke.  His contract with the club is in a position where the club can’t be confident they will sell him for good money (So why invest in his development above those on long contracts), and the squad is not being built to show case the best of his talents.  I think the club would be tempted by a decent offer (I am sure plenty of teams would want him), in a years time it will be difficult to sell him for fair price, unless he signs a new contract.

I contrast that with Max where he is clearly integral to the team, and NCFC are sure if anyone wants to sign him the club will benefit financially.

Spurs have made a circa £25M bid for the Barcelone RB, Royal, so that may allay one or two fears here (I think the majority of our fans have none, but there'll always be one...........)

Edited by Crabbycanary3

14 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Spurs have made a circa £25M bid for the Barcelone RB, Royal, so that may allay one or two fears here (I think the majority of our fans have none, but there'll always be one...........)

I think Everton are the realistic threat, he would fit in well - possibly a bit short for Rafa’s taste

One of my favourite players. A fantastic local player with a great personality! Always gives it his all on the pitch and has been loyal to us.

• Like 1