17 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Finally you folks are seeing what I have been seeing for ever

Time to sell up 

Can't do that unless someone wants him, and they don't.

2 minutes ago, Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB said:

Just expressing an opinion, no need to get sarky..............

Only having a laugh, I’m coming east for the Brighton match I’ll buy you a drink. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Can't do that unless someone wants him, and they don't.

We arent going to sell him anyway. The season is well underway and he is one of our best players.

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

He had a fine game IMO. Some won't be happy until they drive him out.

And then they will boo him for lack of loyalty!

I thought Todd was good today, first half especially. Second half, Leicester got at him more, but he is certainly one of our best creative players.

As I have previously said, I am not a Cantwell fan. He flatters to deceive.

Today, apart from one back heel in the first half what exactly did he do? Everytime he got the ball today he seemed to slow our attack down. He seems to want to dribble past two players rather than a quick offload to a teammate who is in space. Passing was too slow, shooting poor and defensively weak.

Ultimately, too slow, too weak, too nieve defensively.  Doesn’t add anything to the team.  I’d rather give Sargent or Tzolis a go on the right behind Pukki.

3 minutes ago, Daz Sparks said:

I thought Todd was good today, first half especially. Second half, Leicester got at him more, but he is certainly one of our best creative players.

I’m not sure what game you were watching. 

I think he did alright today - certainly no way near our weakest performer. The jealous haters are particularly dull.

3 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Cantwell isn't as good as most Norwich fans make out. Buendia helped him hugely. He's even worse when played in a forward three.... Sargent or Tzolis are better options. Cantwell is going nowhere, because no other EPL club actually want him. 

Cantwell hardly ripped up The Championship last season so what makes anyone think he’s going to do any better in the PL?

3 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Just asked my dad and son who were at the game with me. We all thought Cantwell did ok. Showed some real quality at times and always trying to get on the ball and make something happen. 

Strange how it’s possible to have such a different perspective on the same game!

Being flamboyant and being involved can easily be confused with being productive. He was running about a fair bit, dribbling down blind allies a fair bit, slow play that held play up a fair bit, losing his runner a fair bit. But not a lot of positives. 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This thread is a total embarrassment. Cantwell wasn't brilliant today, but he wasn't terrible either. He put in a shift and did some really good things. The people who claim that he doesn't track back clearly aren't actually watching the game. Leicester broke on us from a corner late in the game when we had committed a lot of players forward and Cantwell sprinted back nearly the whole length of the pitch and put in a sliding challenge which slowed up the Leicester attack. There was another occasion early in the second half when Leicester tried to play out from the back and he sprinted to harry three Leicester players one after the other culminating in Schmeicel slicing it out for a throw in to us. 

He does track back, normally about 2m behind the player he’s following for 50m. 😂

Cantwell - needs to be a 10 or an inside wing player 

Sorenson - why? If he's as good as we think (hope) play him!! 

Tzolis/Sargent/rashica - see above 

Gilmore - it's a no from me (as a deep lying midfielder) 

4-3-3 hard nope from me, don't suit us at all

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

I’m not sure what game you were watching. 

Why, were you watching some game other than Leicester at home?

Quite happy to let Todd go personally. Great in the champs for us but no use when we don’t have the ball. Would suit him to go to a different team as well. We need more physicality and pace to hit on the counter or at least hold the ball up. 

38 minutes ago, Jersey Canary said:

too nieve

Huh? Too ****ing what??? Do you mean naive by any chance? Either way you're spouting **** 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

This thread is a total embarrassment. Cantwell wasn't brilliant today, but he wasn't terrible either. He put in a shift and did some really good things. The people who claim that he doesn't track back clearly aren't actually watching the game. Leicester broke on us from a corner late in the game when we had committed a lot of players forward and Cantwell sprinted back nearly the whole length of the pitch and put in a sliding challenge which slowed up the Leicester attack. There was another occasion early in the second half when Leicester tried to play out from the back and he sprinted to harry three Leicester players one after the other culminating in Schmeicel slicing it out for a throw in to us. 

Thank you, Thirsty, for writing this straightforward and sensible post; the rest of you, Jesus Christ….

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

What exactly did he do wrong today?

What did he do right?  Even my wife who is a Chelsea fan was shouting at the tv for him to get up and track back. Yes there is a good player in there but he needs to move to a club were he cant act as a premadonna . When he gets put on his aris he needs to get up and still be a team player.  too many times he just looks around in disbelief.

12 minutes ago, mastoola said:

What did he do right?  Even my wife who is a Chelsea fan was shouting at the tv for him to get up and track back. Yes there is a good player in there but he needs to move to a club were he cant act as a premadonna . When he gets put on his aris he needs to get up and still be a team player.  too many times he just looks around in disbelief.

Ah, your wife the Chelsea fan and well known footballing messiah and TV shouter at....... I stand corrected then Cantwell is utter turd and we should beg and even pay Villa if needs be to take him off our hands...... 😏

Edited by Ken Hairy

read what i said and I'm sorry if my wife wife and myself are not entitled to an opinion.your answer has the intellect of the person you obviously are 😕

4 hours ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Yeah I get you. 

Cantwell doesn't have the attributes to play as a forward in a three. That role needs pace and directness... . He certainly doesn't work in a counter attacking team - which I understand is what Farke is trying to get us to be. 

Then again, remember his goal against Man City at Carrow Road? If that’s not counter attacking, pace and directness I don’t know what is! 

2nd goal in this clip

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

read what i said and I'm sorry if my wife wife and myself are not entitled to an opinion.your answer has the intellect of the person you obviously are 😕

More intelligent than you are you mean? Thanks chap 👍..... 

1 hour ago, Jersey Canary said:

Being flamboyant and being involved can easily be confused with being productive. He was running about a fair bit, dribbling down blind allies a fair bit, slow play that held play up a fair bit, losing his runner a fair bit. But not a lot of positives. 

I'm not a big cantwell fan but that's overly harsh. He did some nice things today and there were a couple of first time passes and flicks that set us off attacking. I agree with the gist of what you say, but you can't just ignore the positives because you don't like him.

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

More intelligent than you are you mean? Thanks chap 👍..... 

Perfect answer   I rest my case

1 minute ago, mastoola said:

Perfect answer   I rest my case

Rest whatever you want, won't stop you talking **** about Todd I'd imagine, nor Mrs Chelski I suppose either..... 

1 minute ago, Ken Hairy said:

Rest whatever you want, won't stop you talking **** about Todd I'd imagine, nor Mrs Chelski I suppose either..... 

Its only bull if you dont understand. 

Cantwell wasn't great today (none of our forwards were really across the match as a whole) but the criticism on this thread is harsh for me. I thought he gave a regular outlet, showed some nice touches, tried to drive things forward, did some good pressing (at times) and generally wanted the ball. A lot of the forward momentum in the second half involved his control & game intelligence. He ran out of steam a bit maybe, but let's not forget he was up against the likes of Tielemens & Ndidi who are slick operators. I hope & believe Todd will have plenty of good moments this season as we find our stride.