3 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

What on Earth was all that about then?

If he could just get his head down and play, we would have a great player! 
If he is the one to be sold, we need to hurry up and do it.

• Like 1

I'm glad he showed some anger and bit back at the referee. We're too bloody nice most of the time and it does us no favours, although it wasn't the smartest decision I enjoyed seeing one of our lads show some aggression. This is going to be a long hard season, we need our players to be up for a fight, if ref's know they're going to get grief for giving decisions against us then over the course of a season we might get a few more calls than we would otherwise by playing nice. I want to see more of that attitude going forwards, other clubs, fans, officials and players think we're not welcome at this level, let's give them a hard time then and if we lose lets wind the opposition up, leave something on them in tackles and give referees a hard, miserable time. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

If he could just get his head down and play, we would have a great player! 
If he is the one to be sold, we need to hurry up and do it.

I quietly agree. At this moment I think the game is moving too fast for him and there seems to be significant hesitation in his play.

Edited by CirclePoint
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

I quietly agree. At this moment I think the game is moving to fast for him and there seems to be significant hesitation in his play.

I know he was injured and all but just imagine if Tzolis had started today instead of Cantwell..

Would we have gained a point rather than none?

1 minute ago, CirclePoint said:

I quietly agree. At this moment I think the game is moving too fast for him and there seems to be significant hesitation in his play.

He just seems to be doing what he wants and I’m curious as to why he is on the right hand side all of a sudden. He was far more effective on the left 

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I know he was injured and all but just imagine if Tzolis had started today instead of Cantwell..

In my opinion, yes. With Tzolis’ movement and creativity, we may even have made Leicester’s defense a little nervous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hindsight is wonderful but I agree. 

In terms of the disallowed goal, could have been any player- if Tzolis had been playing instead and told to mark the keeper, same thing probably would have happened. That's VAR for you, so I'm not overly concerned about it.

What is concerning is that Todd has been a passenger for 3 games now. He isn't really getting on the ball, and when he does it's usually to wander down a blind alley. We've struggled to make much of an attacking impact as a whole, but what I can't forgive is the 'Cantwell trot' when it comes to the defensive phases. Rashica breaks a nut to sprint back after the opposition, Kenny charges back, Gilmour (despite his little legs) will put the miles in to chase back, even Teemu winds up in the fullback slots. Todd goes into a jog as soon as we don't have a ball and it just irritates the hell out of me.

He's looked like he's been playing on Championship speed since minute one this year and I'll be astounded if he starts the next one.

I feel like Cantwell needs a bit of time to settle in the PL and realise that he has more than enough potential to dictate games, like he did in the Championship.

It's too early to write him off as a player. It's a different matter if he doesn't want to sign a new contract.

Cantwell isn't as good as most Norwich fans make out. Buendia helped him hugely. He's even worse when played in a forward three.... Sargent or Tzolis are better options. Cantwell is going nowhere, because no other EPL club actually want him. 

• Like 1

Just asked my dad and son who were at the game with me. We all thought Cantwell did ok. Showed some real quality at times and always trying to get on the ball and make something happen. 

Strange how it’s possible to have such a different perspective on the same game!

• Like 3

Farke needs to be strong, and if Sargent or Tzolis give us better options, Cantwell needs to be dropped. No loyalty now. we need performers who will play.

Really same goes for Gilmour if it's not working. For all the hype the players needs to perform and earn their starting slots. We've paid nigh on £19m for Sargent and Tzolis, and whilst they need to adjust, we haven't got the liberty of waiting, if they are playing well and others aren't.

7 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Cantwell isn't as good as most Norwich fans make out. Buendia helped him hugely. He's even worse when played in a forward three.... Sargent or Tzolis are better options. Cantwell is going nowhere, because no other EPL club actually want him. 

Cantwell is good, he's not a  wide wide man if you get me? If he is played wider he needs to be nipped in, in a tight 3 or he needs to be behind teemu, if you watch him he tends to drift in field a lot. 

2 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

Just asked my dad and son who were at the game with me. We all thought Cantwell did ok. Showed some real quality at times and always trying to get on the ball and make something happen. 

Strange how it’s possible to have such a different perspective on the same game!

Like the bit of quality he had 2 Leicester players all over him and he did a trick,  kept the ball then sent max down the line, can't think what half it was, pretty sure it was 1st half but very impressive.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Farke needs to be strong, and if Sargent or Tzolis give us better options, Cantwell needs to be dropped. No loyalty now. we need performers who will play.

Really same goes for Gilmour if it's not working. For all the hype the players needs to perform and earn their starting slots. We've paid nigh on £19m for Sargent and Tzolis, and whilst they need to adjust, we haven't got the liberty of waiting, if they are playing well and others aren't.

Tzolis was injured and Sargent wasn't fully fit. Not sure the team selection wouldn't have been different if this wasnt the case.

3 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Still no clue why Gilmour is still being played as a defensive midfielder when that's clearly not his position, and we clearly need someone strong in that area yet we let Sorenson rot on the bench

• Like 1

Just now, hogesar said:

Cantwell was good today, probably our best player first half.

Yeh, thought he did quite well.  Lost his head a bit second half after the disallowed goal, but reigned it back in just in time.

2 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Cantwell was good today, probably our best player first half.

He was alright, but screaming in the refs face for him to **** off when you're on a yellow card.. I mean..

The last player I'd be looking to drop after today. I don't get it sometimes why our fans can't see how good Cantwell is. Gilmour, Lees-Melou, Krul and Pukki should be looking over their shoulder though. I'm not saying drop them or that they're bad players, but they need to sharpen up and fast. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Critique of Cantwell, not writing him off whatsoever but he doesn’t suit the right side. He looks far more natural cutting in on his right foot. He hasn’t got the pace to go on the outside so his skill is nullified. 

14 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Still no clue why Gilmour is still being played as a defensive midfielder when that's clearly not his position, and we clearly need someone strong in that area yet we let Sorenson rot on the bench

He’s not a DM. He’s being played as a Regista, and that’s me tangentially agreeing with you. It’s a massive responsibility at his tender age. The quality is there but the responsibility is huge. 

Edited by Mr. Raumdeuter III

This thread is a total embarrassment. Cantwell wasn't brilliant today, but he wasn't terrible either. He put in a shift and did some really good things. The people who claim that he doesn't track back clearly aren't actually watching the game. Leicester broke on us from a corner late in the game when we had committed a lot of players forward and Cantwell sprinted back nearly the whole length of the pitch and put in a sliding challenge which slowed up the Leicester attack. There was another occasion early in the second half when Leicester tried to play out from the back and he sprinted to harry three Leicester players one after the other culminating in Schmeicel slicing it out for a throw in to us. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

11 minutes ago, Ward 3 said:

Cantwell is good, he's not a  wide wide man if you get me? If he is played wider he needs to be nipped in, in a tight 3 or he needs to be behind teemu, if you watch him he tends to drift in field a lot. 

Yeah I get you. 

Cantwell doesn't have the attributes to play as a forward in a three. That role needs pace and directness... That's not Cantwell's game. I don't know why Farke is even trying it, it's really obvious isn't it? Tzolis and Rashica are far better suited. I think Placheta would be better tbh! 

Cantwell works in a three behind a striker, in a team with lots of possession. Or as a number ten. I still think he's going to struggle to be a decent player at this level. He certainly doesn't work in a counter attacking team - which I understand is what Farke is trying to get us to be. 

3 minutes ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

The last player I'd be looking to drop after today. I don't get it sometimes why our fans can't see how good Cantwell is. Gilmour, Lees-Melou, Krul and Pukki should be looking over their shoulder though. I'm not saying drop them or that they're bad players, but they need to sharpen up and fast. 

Pukki is too isolated. You need 3 behind him - the current formation and players picked will starve Pukki.  He's a very limited player, but exceptional with those limitations. If your not playing to his strengths, then pointless playing him at all.