chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leicester (PL) ****

1 minute ago, Ward 3 said:

I dont like the 433 we are playing. It's just not us. Dont get todd in the game enough for me, go back to 4231 Sargent on for Lees melou as he's on a yellow, rashica and Sargent flanking cantwell behind pukki. Thoughts.....

I agree - I think 4231 does suit us more. Wouldn't be surprised if we revert to it after a few games.

OTBC

• Like 1

I think we've looked pretty terrible from front to back to be honest. The fact we have had more of the ball than them and are drawing shows they are there for the taking. If we play as we know we can, we'll beat them. However, I wouldn't bet on it.

We have grown into the game I feel and it would be nice to break that horrible record of not recovering from going a goal down in the Prem for a very long time, Leicester are in all honestly not looking that great themselves and this can be a very winnable game if we can just stay composed when around their box. (and also not give away chances from not focusing in defence)

First half analysis. 

The game plan seems to be to actively court Leicester’s press (which is making me nervous to the point I accidentally  skimmed my Erdinger) to play a long diagonal ball that we’re trying to win on the 2nd ball, which is a trait of a classic geigenpress in a 4-3-3. 
I’m not certain but it’s a reoccurring pattern. 
Gilmour is definitely being utilised as a deep lying playmaker which means his game has to be perfect. He has to progress the ball in the Regista role, otherwise we’re exposed. 
Rashica must do better when he has the ball.

Cantwell style of play doesn’t suit playing on the right. I feel for him. 

If our team can tighten up the sloppiness then I think we can win. The margin of error that we can afford is slim. We’ll have to be brilliant. Hope for another Leicester mistake, and make sure we punish them. 

OTBC! 

Edited by Mr. Raumdeuter III
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, All the Germans said:

The fact we have had more of the ball than them and are drawing shows they are there for the taking. If we play as we know we can, we'll beat them. However, I wouldn't bet on it.

They are beatable, absolutely; I don't think they've played in top gear.

...but we can't keep giving them chances to break on us.

OTBC

22 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Soft penalty. I'd be livid if that was against us.

Nah, I thought it was a relatively clear pen which certainly would get given against us. We've had far softer ones than that against us in recent years.

Glacially s-l-o-o-w for the goal & not tight enough on their players.

But we're improving & Leicester are no Liverpool or ManC. If we can get something out of this then we're approaching the level needed for survival.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Raumdeuter III said:

First half analysis. 

The game plan seems to be to actively court Leicester’s press (which is making me nervous to the point I accidentally  skimmed my Erdinger) to play a long diagonal ball that we’re trying to win on the 2nd ball, which is a trait of a classic geigenpress in a 4-3-3. 
I’m not certain but it’s a reoccurring pattern. 
Gilmour is definitely being utilised as a deep lying playmaker which means his game has to be perfect. He has to progress the ball in the Regista role, otherwise we’re exposed. 
Rashica must do better when he has the ball.

Cantwell style of play doesn’t suit playing on the right. I feel for him. 

If our team can tighten up the sloppiness then I think we can win. The margin of error that we can afford is slim. We’ll have to be brilliant. Hope for another Leicester mistake, and make sure we punish them. 

OTBC! 

This why I feel Sargent should play, but with Pukki and not instead of.  Rashica and Cantwell both struggle with this tactic. 

• Like 1

Rashica's last few decisions going forward have been very good.

Edited by Upo

It slowly looks like it's clicking, but still a lot of tentative steps and slight hesitation.

9 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Nah, I thought it was a relatively clear pen which certainly would get given against us. We've had far softer ones than that against us in recent years.

It was definitely soft in my opinion. I think I'm a little bit old school in my assessment of fouls; for the last number of years there's always the "was there contact" rubbish that is stated but you're allowed to touch him, it's a contact sport. Ultimately, does the punishment - a penalty - fit the crime that was committed in that instance? No chance.

Just now, All the Germans said:

It was definitely soft in my opinion. I think I'm a little bit old school in my assessment of fouls; for the last number of years there's always the "was there contact" rubbish that is stated but you're allowed to touch him, it's a contact sport. Ultimately, does the punishment - a penalty - fit the crime that was committed in that instance? No chance.

Think you might be in a minority on this one. It was a pen.

Rodgers is doing exactly what I'd do if I was an opposition manager. Win duels in midfield, high balls to their left winger and low through balls through Hanley and Gibson. 

We need to address these obvious glaring weaknesses urgently. We're doing okay today but we might not in other games. Fast CB and strong holding midfielder who can cover Aarons in the air needed desperately. 

Edited by Christoph Stiepermann

Norwich have reached the doldrums. 

Dowell for Cantwell, Sorensen for Gilmour and Sargent for Rashica and go to 4 4 2

1 minute ago, Christoph Stiepermann said:

Rodgers is doing exactly what I'd do if I was an opposition manager. Win duels in midfield, high balls to their left winger and low through balls through Hanley and Gibson. 

We need to address these obvious glaring weaknesses urgently. We're doing okay today but we might not in other games. Fast CB and strong holding midfielder who can cover Aarons in the air needed desperately. 

Those low balls in from wide account for most of our goals conceded. 

Just now, Ramrod said:

Dowell for Cantwell, Sorensen for Gilmour and Sargent for Rashica and go to 4 4 2

Wait till Leicester score first..... Come on Farke a little change to freshen it up. We're struggling . 

Just now, Ramrod said:

Leicester are defo getting a bit more of the ball now.

Changes would freshen it up. 

OTBC

1 minute ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Wait till Leicester score first..... Come on Farke a little change to freshen it up. We're struggling . 

As usual the opposition manager acts first.