chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Leicester (PL) ****

Early I know, but hopefully will give plenty of time for team predictions for both sides and tactics Farke may employ against a different opposition.

Kick off is 3pm.

PinkUn Team News
Very brief sum up; Mumba(dislocated knee) and Placheta(covid recovery) out, Tzolis(calf) a doubt and Sargent(glute) 'minor question mark'.

Sky Sports match preview
For Leicester info - sum up; Vestergaard and Evans remain out with injuries. Perez suspended. Former Norwich loanee Bertrand in contention to start.

May be an image of map and text that says "GLOBAL KICK-OFF NORWICH CITYV LEICESTER CITY Helsinki 17:00 Toronto 10:00 Norwich 15:00 Berlin 16:00 Tampa Bay 10:00 Los Angeles 07:00 Beijing 22:00 Skopje 16:00 Abu Dhabi 18:00 Rio De Janeiro 11:00 Seoul 23:00 Hong Kong 22:00 Bangkok 21:00 Nairobi 17:00 TAMPA BAY FLORIDA Buenos Aires 11:00 Sydney 00:00"

Edited by chicken
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Now off 'up he city'for pre match meet ups.

My prediction is 0-0 till Vardy dives for a pen 5 minutes from the end. Obviously saved by TK.

2nd minute of injury time, one of the new boys puts it in for city. NCFC 1 - Divers 0

Bacon butties devoured now getting ready for the pub, to numb things a bit.

Pissing down here, I hope all the turnstiles are open, don't want to be queuing in the wet.

Just hope and pray our players are up for it and go attacking. Leicester defence as it is right now has been proven to be their biggest weakness. They still have a strong midfield and some very good attackers (I also pray Vardy wont start against us..) and there is no doubt they will be doing all they can to try and finish in the top six this seaosn.. But we know they are weak at the back and that we have a good record against them in recent years.

Should be fun, but if we just roll over and give up should they score agaisnst us as we did against Man City I won't be pleased

Not predicting anything because I think I jinx it for us all, but um… Teemu Pukki, I really like those two words today.

• Like 1

Tzolis is injured sadly. Still, the warnings have been sounded. McLean and Williams straight in. Sargent lurking. Tzolis in the squad for the next game I suspect. 

McLean definitely deserved a step up. Suppose it makes sense putting Williams in - I really want to see Giannoulis and Tzolis together, personally, and would not be too surprised if Farke's thinking that.

Which raises a question, would Williams and Cantwell have played together frequently in the England U21s?

1 minute ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

shame about tzolis, would have started Sargent, happy with the rest. 

I think if it was anyone but Pukki he would have started. Have to give Pukki the chance to show he can still do it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No Tzolis and Gilmour STILL at defensive mid..

aD13KxO_700b.jpg

Cambridge, I like you buddy but I hope this one ages particularly badly 😉😂

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

No Tzolis and Gilmour STILL at defensive mid..

aD13KxO_700b.jpg

We are playing 433 I don’t see a DM in that 3 in Midfield, he’s just in the middle which makes sense given his distribution ability.

Shame he’s injured, the Quantum of Tzolis looked exciting mid week.

Sargent a good option from the bench and McLean fully deserving of his place.

That back 4 of Leicester is there to be got at but today will really test our defending of counter attacks

OTBC

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Ricardo's in defence. His match review should be good. 

"Damn, I never realised how quick Cantwell was".

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, chicken said:

I think if it was anyone but Pukki he would have started. Have to give Pukki the chance to show he can still do it. 

As true as that is, I just think a striker who got 2 goals mid week (regardless of opposition) should be put into the side.

Also at this stage I have a feeling Pukki would serve us better as a 65th minute impact sub.

Although as I've now said that I'm sure Teemu will go and bang in a hat-trick today. 😂

Why do they persist with Albrighton? I must be missing something but running around a lot is all he ever does. I would expect a team trying to be in the top four (but ultimately will not be as the top 4 looks rock solid) to be looking for more quality. I wouldn't start him in our team.

Yes, yes, I know I've just completely jinxed it and he will have a blinder.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Haha 2

Just now, All the Germans said:

Why do they persist with Albrighton? I must be missing something but running around a lot is all he ever does. I would expect a team trying to be in the top four (but ultimately will not be as the top 4 looks rock solid) to be looking for my quality. I wouldn't start him in our team.

Yes, yes, I know I've just completely jinxed it and he will have a blinder.

Well, he's only in because Perez got suspended. That said, he's usually got a good delivery on him.