Sign in to follow this  
For the future

Injuries

3 possibilities

1. Its simply the truth

2. He wants to let the attacking players of the starting 11 vs Liverpool and man city have a chance again at home vs a side that 'isn't top 4' ( i know Leicester are no mugs but they're still not a club of the size of city, Liverpool, Chelsea and utd).

3. He wants to keep Brendan Rodgers guessing on who we will start with

Edited by Yella Army

11 minutes ago, For the future said:

I find it’s a bit strange that the two players that scored two goals each are now injured or are they not?

Both minor injuries , bet they will be in the squad tomorrow. Only Mumba & Placheta defo out

10 minutes ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

He'll want Pukki to start AGAIN when Sargent clearly should be.

Oh no, Pukki failed to score against two of the worlds strongest teams while Sarganet scored against Bournmouths under 23's.. Pukkis career is finished 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Or, they have knocks and Farke isn't keen on seeing two clearly promising players who are important to the squad develop recurring problems.

I really don't look at Daniel Farke and see a man who would feel the need to make an excuse to anyone. What has he ever done to ever imply he is a weak character who would be swayed by the media, the fans or even by his own players?

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Yella Army said:

3 possibilities

1. Its simply the truth

2. He wants to let the attacking players of the starting 11 vs Liverpool and man city have a chance again at home vs a side that 'isn't top 4' ( i know Leicester are no mugs but they're still not a club of the size of city, Liverpool, Chelsea and utd).

3. He wants to keep Brendan Rodgers guessing on who we will start with

I can certainly see the second point being true. Farke seems like quite a loyal guy and it would be quite harsh to drop Pukki after playing our last two opponents. 

By playing Pukki and Cantwell, he is essentially saying, "You still have my trust but you need to deliver. Sargent and Tzolis are ready and eager and you need to make sure you keep your place in the team".

On the flip side, imagine being Pukki and being benched for a new guy who had one good game vs Bournemouth reserves.

Both injuries sound suspiciously like they're bad enough not to start, but not too serious so that they can be on the bench.

Pukki must not leave or the club will fall apart - solution drop him

If Cantwell is sold it will show the club has no ambition and he is after all worth at least 35 - 40 million - solution drop him

Tim Krul is the most important player in the team and must be kept at all costs - solution put Gunn in goal who kept a clean sheet against Bournemouth.

It was both guys first competitive game in England, both were keen to impress and worked their socks off, also Bournemouth were 6-0 down so they were hardly going soft in the tackles, they dislocated Bali's knee! They were described as 'minor', so they may very well much make the squad but it's a long season and we don't need to injure them further right now when we do have other options!

1 hour ago, For the future said:

I find it’s a bit strange that the two players that scored two goals each are now injured or are they not?

Okay Mr conspiracy theorist - what's your explanation for Mumba's injury?

36 minutes ago, Yellow and Green said:

By playing Pukki and Cantwell, he is essentially saying, "You still have my trust but you need to deliver. Sargent and Tzolis are ready and eager and you need to make sure you keep your place in the team".

Yup, exactly this.  Also, if he starts with Sargent and Tzolis and they don't perform you're going from a very good position of psychology and moral, to a very weak position.  Holding that threat, while it's unknown is more likely to pressure you into delivering,  if the towel gets pulled off, and it's a kid underneath... well  🙂

Edited by Google Bot

19 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Okay Mr conspiracy theorist - what's your explanation for Mumba's injury?

Barcelona were sniffing around..... 

9 minutes ago, Google Bot said:

Yup, exactly this.  Also, if he starts with Sargent and Tzolis and they don't perform you're going from a very good position of psychology and moral, to a very weak position.  Holding that threat, while it's unknown is more likely to pressure you into delivering,  if the towel gets pulled off, and it's a kid underneath... well  🙂

Sounds like something Prince Andrew might like.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, canarydan23 said:

Sounds like something Prince Andrew might like.

Jesus Christ mate haha.  I saw your reply and i thought "What part of that post could he possibly mean", and then I see it.....  Daaamn! lool.

26 minutes ago, Herman said:

Barcelona were sniffing around..... 

Well they were sniffing around after Aarons last season so you're probably right. 😉 

10 hours ago, Well b back said:

Pukki must not leave or the club will fall apart - solution drop him

If Cantwell is sold it will show the club has no ambition and he is after all worth at least 35 - 40 million - solution drop him

Tim Krul is the most important player in the team and must be kept at all costs - solution put Gunn in goal who kept a clean sheet against Bournemouth.

And conceded 9 the last time he played v Leicester 

It really isn't a huge surprise that two young lads just getting used to our intense training methods and off the back of an intense cup tie have some muscle issues. 

4 hours ago, Mr.Carrow said:

It really isn't a huge surprise that two young lads just getting used to our intense training methods and off the back of an intense cup tie have some muscle issues. 

Yep, my thoughts exactly. 

Also, why would you drop your top scorer and probably our best player, after just two games against two of the worlds nest teams? 

DF does not get swayed by others, as has been proven time and again therefore I suspect he is stating it how it is. However, if possible it would be great to see Sargent and Tzolis on today. Especially if we are wining.

• Like 1

Mumba is out after getting a dislocated knee cap v Bournemouth but should be back after the international break, Sargent and Tzolis are carrying minor strains so I think they will make the bench. It’s also been said that dropping a player for a poor performance v Liverpool/Man City may be seen as overly harsh by some, especially when they are two of the strongest teams in the world and the game on Tuesday night was mainly against Bournemouth’s reserves

Don’t think there will be many changes to last weekend, though McLean and Williams might start. I’m really hoping we can prove Lawrenson wrong though, as we’re all fed up with his negative views on us

6 hours ago, Yobocop said:

And conceded 9 the last time he played v Leicester 

Yes, but he was let down by his defence as the Saints were down to 10 men just 2 minutes into the game. Was also only at fault for 1 of the goals