Sign in to follow this  
mighty yellow

a future without Worthy

I have had enough. Everyone has, it only takes a second looking around on here to see that. Before I get started I would like to say 1 thing. I have never EVER booed anyone involved in Norwich City FC

In the premiership season I took the performances; Worthy had achieved what many before had failed to achieve and was learning; Delia and the Board were learning; even the fans and (most) players were learning.

At the start of the season, although seriously disheartened by what was happening to our club, I kept quiet, no booing, anti-worthy/anti-board chanting or signs. I did this in the belief that it may have an adverse effect on our players, and while it was possible of still reaching automatic promotion I thought it best to keep quiet and hope the players would improve.

As the automatic spots drifted away from contention, I still resisted the opportunity to get stuck into the team, manager and board, under the impression that while playoffs were still within reach negative behaviour would only spoil our chances. I continued to cheer both Worthy and the team along.

Now what? Every tiny glimmer of turning this season around has evaporated into thin air. Although a season ticket holder, I find myself not wanting to attend; I don''t want to boast or start "I''m the best fan" type arguments, but a 5/6-hour round trip all in aid of depressing myself and spoiling my social life is hardly my ideal Saturday. Things have got to change.

The other day I was called by the club, and reminded that I was told to prove I was a student by November 9th, and haven''t yet done so. I told them it probably wouldn''t matter because I didn''t feel like attending anymore, and she replied "I''m afraid you won''t be able to renew you season ticket"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Was she joking? I told her I expected very few people to renew, knowing that myself, dad, sister and stepmum will all be absent from Carrow Road next season.

I have made up my mind though. I am not going to let this happen anymore. I will not turn my back on this club when it needs me most. I will be at the Brighton game, and every other game I am able to attend, Jarrold Stand, Seat W28, and I will make Worthy OUT signs, I will attempt to make my ''family enclosure'' compatriots sing Worthy OUT chants, and I will attend protests after the game. What at first was a blip is now a catastrophe, and we cannot and WILL not be ignored.

Now that the season is effectively over, I ask all fans to join together and to rid us of Worthy. Only with supporter pressure can we start again, and make the board realise that we will not take this terrible state of affairs. Thanks for the good times, and we''ve rolled with the bad. Now however, enough is enough, and we need to start now to make sure next season is a success.

We can argue about whether Dickson Etuhu is the biggest waste of NCFC money in history, we can argue about who we would like as the next manager, but we cannot argue about 1 thing...We all want what is best for the club, and I think the new polls on the site are making it quite clear what IS best for the club...a future without Worthy.

i agree 100 % thanks worthy for the good times but now you have took the club as far as you can take it get out before you are hated even more

Mighty Yellow, I like you have a 9 hour drive to games and feel exactly the same. That is why I stayed for an hour after the game on sunday and got it off my chest. The numbers outside after the next game will determine what happens to NW. If 6000 turn up he will be gone. I have a 4 and a half hour drive home and I will be there for sure! This man has brought negativity to this club. Even when we win it is only by 1 goal and always has been under this manager. We have always defended and sat back once in front under NW. The man states he has ambition (My left foot he does''nt even show ambition for 90 minutes against weak teams) It would''nt surprise me if the first 6 players back after a lap of the training ground are the ones picked? They are the hard workers! Fact they are crap with a football at there feet matters none.

P.s Donkerty is also pants. Hopefully worthy will take him with him. Rehman and shacks is the future.