Sign in to follow this  
CaptCanary

Clutching at straws

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I have trouble believing that after all the BK8 shirt controversy, I would have thought shirt sales were way up? Stock shortages to blame?

No. Just the Sheeran groupies buying.

If we'd have gone with a household brand like Puma, Nike etc. I'm sure our shirt sales would be up, as the quality comes with the price. I've not bought any shirts yet due to those I know who have having quality issues with their shirts, logo's peeling off, poor stitching, discoloured marks on the shirts. Not a massive fan of the home top, quite like the away one though in terms of design, the third kit is awful

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

I have trouble believing that after all the BK8 shirt controversy, I would have thought shirt sales were way up? Stock shortages to blame?

hahahaha no, that's not how it works. So many of the people complaining were clearly there for the moan and didn't give a toss about the shirts. Wouldn't have bought one either way.

I'd have gone for the away too if I'd suddenly felt the need to dress in adverts one morning.

* Data is compiled from sales figures across 1,000 online retailers with LovetheSales.com saying they are restricted from publishing the numbers behind their tables.

Seems legit...

* Data is compiled from sales figures across 1,000 online retailers with LovetheSales.com saying they are restricted from publishing the numbers behind their tables.

Apart from the club the only online retailer selling our kit is JD Sports, wouldn't that mean this data is not representative of overall shirt sales? 

They're are probably not all Ipswich fans buying them. 

I've ummed and ahhd over our shirt but still not bought it. The more I see it on other people the more I don't like the design, fit or quality.

Sounds like a crock of crap to me, based on very dubious/partial data.  We always delay our shirt release, and it was further delayed by the BK8 thing; away shirts were even later and promptly sold out.  

Edited by Branston Pickle

Haha Ed Sheeran fans buying more shirts than Ipswich fans themselves then?  It's good for the club, but nothing to be proud about in footballing terms. 

They've not sold out their stadium for over 15 years, perhaps they could if Ed walked on the pitch as the main event for each game? 

Edited by Google Bot