Sign in to follow this  
Ken Hairy

Tom Trybull

There were people on here saying he should be playing alongside Gilmour the other day.

Decent player for us in the Championship all those years ago but we have come a long way.

For me, another like Stiepermann. Really gave his all for us and a decent operator at Championship level. Never has a saying been more accurate for some of the players that have departed over the last couple of seasons but "victims of their own success" seems to fit very well.

I don't think we should forget that the likes of Leitner, Trybull, Stiepermann, Vrancic, and the like, were what this recent success has been built upon. That success put the club on a path that would see us go further than, ultimately, they could take us.

For that I thank them all. In many ways they did the hard work and graft to get us to where we are. It's now up to the new signings and the players still at the club to prove they have what it takes to take us further, in respect of what others have done before them.

• Like 11

A capable original player of the Webberlution who was very good indeed at Championship level, but his lack of physicality (pace and power, really) was cruelly highlighted in the first season in the Premier League. As @chicken rightly noted, our success is built on the culture around him and the other Germans that initially came here under Farke so whilst he couldn't take us to the next step, he helped put the steps before it in place for us.

Should get a warm reception on a return. He would have earned it. There's only really Zimmermann and Hernandez of that original German set left now, isn't there?

3 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Good player left out in the cold for no good reason we are aware of. Best wishes.

I liked him but being good enough is surelya big enough reason.

Felt sorry for him (and Klose) - not sure making them train on their own was the right thing to do, both for the players but also the rest of the first team. Both always gave their all on the pitch and appeared to be good for dressing room morale. 

Obviously always the possibility something happened behind the scenes we were unaware of but regardless, wish him the best for the rest of his career

I saw the other day that his Mrs was asking for removal recommendations on Instagram so I assumed then he had either found a club or he's be bought out of his contract.

I remember when he purchased a stack of pizza's from Brick to give to people on the street. Also the Trybull's raised a ton of money for a local charity a couple of years ago. 

Seem like generally nice people, wish him and his family all the best in their next move. 

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Good player left out in the cold for no good reason we are aware of. Best wishes.

I would imagine there were reasons and they were kept private and confidential and are most likely only known to him and Farke.

I remember seeing him play in the first season he was here. I thought him, Leitner and Stiepermann were such a class unit when you think about who we had before. His input into the first league win was massive - and he joins the list of people who should never have to buy a drink in Norwich ever again. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

I suspect the fact we've signed players of much higher calibre is the reason, and we've had to release as no one was interested in paying a fee for him. Nothing more sinister than that. 

Good player for us in his day, but we've just outgrown players like him. 

9 minutes ago, Jimmy_Fitch said:

I remember when he purchased a stack of pizza's from Brick to give to people on the street. Also the Trybull's raised a ton of money for a local charity a couple of years ago. 

I remember that! Nice thing to do.

7 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I would imagine there were reasons and they were kept private and confidential and are most likely only known to him and Farke.

Even if there weren't any real dramas I can imagine a player deemed not good enough for the squad having a a clean break from the squad is a positive thing. The coaches can focus more on the players that are. Brutal but it's football.

The work ethic and professionalism that Farke and our coaching staff demand alongside a good attitude will always find people out in the end.

Tom Trybull had a lot of ability and utility as a central midfielder, and was a big part of things here for a while.

Moritz Leitner's lustre didn't last quite as long, though his ability was also clear to see.

I would not ever want to accuse either of these two chaps of being inherently 'bad eggs'...I think they genuinely both wanted to put difficult pasts behind them and excel here, which both did to different extents at different times, and both deserve our best wishes, and Tom's charity work speaks for itself.

I would also not be so naive to suggest that there is no reason they both have failed to settle anywhere for most of their respective careers. It doesn't make them awful to be around or awful for team morale but I do think that our standards are SO high that NO amount of b0llox, no matter how trivial, is tolerated here.

There's seldom smoke without fire, but I have no evidence to present as fact.

Good luck Super Tommy Trybull.

29 minutes ago, chicken said:

For me, another like Stiepermann. Really gave his all for us and a decent operator at Championship level. Never has a saying been more accurate for some of the players that have departed over the last couple of seasons but "victims of their own success" seems to fit very well.

I don't think we should forget that the likes of Leitner, Trybull, Stiepermann, Vrancic, and the like, were what this recent success has been built upon. That success put the club on a path that would see us go further than, ultimately, they could take us.

For that I thank them all. In many ways they did the hard work and graft to get us to where we are. It's now up to the new signings and the players still at the club to prove they have what it takes to take us further, in respect of what others have done before them.

Great post chicken. Agree with all this and the comments from Jimmy Fitch re his charity work.

No need to highlight any weaknesses, if we look hard enough we can find some in the players we have left.

A really nice lad, obviously we're not privy to what happens behind the scenes but got sent on loan which was a surprise at the time, deciding to keep Tettey over him and bring in Skipp but we all know how that went! 

Wish him all the best and thank him for his efforts here. Unfortunately became part of the 'not good enough crew' along with Drmic, Leitner and co

18 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Even if there weren't any real dramas I can imagine a player deemed not good enough for the squad having a a clean break from the squad is a positive thing. The coaches can focus more on the players that are. Brutal but it's football.

The issue for me is why was Trybull and Klose treated differently to players like Hugil and Hernandez - those two are also not good enough anymore (or at least as far off it as Trybull is) but they have been kept around the first team and not sent to sit on the naughty step away from everyone else. 

• Like 1

So farewell to Mr. Tom Trybull

(whose wife we all fancied a nibble)

But let's face the facts

You were never Top Catz

And tackled like Officer Dibble.

I'll get me coat....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

The issue for me is why was Trybull and Klose treated differently to players like Hugil and Hernandez - those two are also not good enough anymore (or at least as far off it as Trybull is) but they have been kept around the first team and not sent to sit on the naughty step away from everyone else. 

Erm, Hugill's been here 1 season and now out on loan in the Summer transfer window, so not sure you'd classify him as being "kept on the naughty step".
I think opinion is split on Hernandez, was a storming player for us in the first Championship-winning season, unfortunately injured most of the EPL season, injured last season and kept out by a form player in Cantwell, and now fallen further behind with the new additions. If he can recapture past form he offers something a bit different, but I think his days here are sadly numbered as-is.

2 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Erm, Hugill's been here 1 season and now out on loan in the Summer transfer window, so not sure you'd classify him as being "kept on the naughty step".
I think opinion is split on Hernandez, was a storming player for us in the first Championship-winning season, unfortunately injured most of the EPL season, injured last season and kept out by a form player in Cantwell, and now fallen further behind with the new additions. If he can recapture past form he offers something a bit different, but I think his days here are sadly numbered as-is.

I meant Trybull and Klose are on the naughty step - not allowed to train with the first team or U23s.

Just now, Canary Wundaboy said:

He's wondering why Hugil wasn't put on the naughty step as soon as we were promoted.

I'd guess that's because there was a world where we didn't sign a striker and he would have been the 3rd option.

Same for Onel and Placheta. We'd move them if the right moves materialise but aren't actively trying to move them.

Whilst they're far from the first team, no way near as far as the 2 guys who were tested at that level.

Maybe it purely is attitudes though. Onel and Hugil seem to be super enthusiastic guys. From what I've read Placheta is hyper professional like Zimmermann.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

I meant Trybull and Klose are on the naughty step - not allowed to train with the first team or U23s.

Because they aren't part of the plans. Keeping them separate may sound heartless but it prevents any risk of words being said etc that may affect the first team.

56 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

As mentioned previously devastating news  that the best WAG at the club is leaving

A dark day 

I wish Anna all the very best for the future.

2 hours ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Klose was a surprise departure at the start of last season - I believe it was relatively well known that after his hometown club showed interest in bringing him in on loan he informed the club he wished to go. I don't think anything after that is a surprise, the loan had an option to buy at the end of it which Basel opted not to take up. I still think he will end up there, and Basel it has more to do with finances post covid. I suspect Basel will look to loan him again and his contract will be up at that point. So they'll spend whatever fee they had agreed on wages instead. It's just one of those that is drawn out.

Trybull I think isn't as odd as it seems. He is a very solid Championship operator and whilst I believe he is physical enough for his position, but not the pace for the premier league. It is a shame as I really quite liked the way he could subtly hatchet a player and get away without a yellow. That is a skill set in itself. And actually, he was one of the few players that we had that could cold heartedly foul when it was needed too. Didn't seem to get wound up or anything, just knew when it was better to see the player to the ground than to let them break at pace. Very nice chap, great wife in terms of their team work as a couple and family and support of charities etc together (and he wrote a book!).

Again, the surprise was more last season when it was felt he wouldn't get the game time and would be better off loaned out. No doubt if we had not gained promotion he may well have come back into contention this season.

It's also a bit odd that people see these guys as being treated badly or "differently". Klose didn't want to be here and Trybull is another victim of success. They, along with others, were given training sessions with Andy Hughes as they had been told they were not part of Farke's plans for this season. No surprises there considering most of them were not involved with the first team at all last season.

Hugill and Hernandez were and are. I suspect that they were not willing to put Hugill out there definitely until they had landed Sargent. And it may well be, at least from the sounds made, that Idah was being considered for the loan and Hugill as 3rd choice at the start of the summer. Things change and it is about not disturbing the atmosphere, moral or camaraderie of the squad. There is little point involving players that don't want to be at the club or who you are actively trying to offload in case they bring any of that frustration to training.

From the outside looking in it can seem harsh, but we were warned that there was no room for sentiment this time out. Hernandez was arguably our best performer in project lock-down. He possesses those vital assets of pace and strength. He may well not be as consistent with his final delivery though. It still puts him 3rd choice in AM of players with those primary assets, behind Rashica and Tzolis. Cantwell and Dowell are quality on the ball and are quite strong but they don't have the sort of pace the others do.