Sign in to follow this  
lincsy88

View from a Leicester forum.

"Let's face it..Norwich are absolutely f***ing useless and I'd be astounded.if they could muster a third consecutive result against players who are miles and miles ahead of them. Once is careless,.twice is criminal but three times is surely Impossible"

Always makes me laugh how little other teams fans think of us, just walked the championship at a counter and unbeaten against them in the last two. Don't get me wrong a good team but this did give me a chuckle.

Link to the thread if anyone wants a look. 

9 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

f***ing useless and I'd be astounded.if they could muster a third consecutive result against players who are miles and miles ahead of them

If we could muster a third consecutive result? That makes no sense. 

4 minutes ago, Chelm Canary said:

If we could muster a third consecutive result? That makes no sense. 

3rd consecutive result against Leicester 

Tbf I read the thread on the Forum and very mixed - lots of fans not happy and unconfident with their performances/tactical behavior/players 

Obviously we will need to play very well, but if we do think we can get the 3 points

With Vestergard and Evans out their defence isn't looking great.

Still have an excellent squad and will be a very tough game - if it hadn't come after Liverpool and Man City I'm not sure many Norwich fans would be expecting much from it. Need to see an improved performance from Norwich and a bit more cohesion in the attack. 

• Like 2

They were awful against West Ham. I think they've more to worry about than whether we can muster a third result against them. 

If we can put in a good performance and grab a point I think most of us would be delighted 

• Like 4

Looks like they are disappointed Perez isn't playing 😂

A point would be good, and take a little bit of pressure off the Watford game.

The majority seem to be confident of victory, mainly because of the results from our first two games. Were we really expected to get something against Liverpool/Man City? I know we were awful v Man City but it actually wasn’t a bad performance v Liverpool.

I know the Bournemouth team was a much weakened one, but Williams had only been with us for about 24hrs, Tzolis was yet to play, and Sargent had only made 2 apps, both as a late sub. Leicester now have Perez suspended, and lost Fofana to a broken leg in pre-season. From what I’ve heard it sounds like they’ve got some more problems with their defence as well.

What they don’t know is that Giannoulis and Rupp who got subbed at h/t v Man City are almost certain to be replaced by Williams and McLean, and Pukki by Sargent. I’d be surprised to see Tzolis start as Farke has said he won’t rush him in, but I can’t see why he doesn’t deserve to.

I was always convinced we wouldn’t get anything against Liverpool and Man City, and am not much more convinced we will get anything against Leicester as they are a top 6 side. However, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised if we did get something out of this game though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

So looking forward to this clash.....we'll have complete control....

I predict that Leicester will go 1-0 up. Vardy will have a great chance to make it 2-0, but will Kick it Over. A few minutes later Cantwell will score The Equaliser. Hernandez may make a surprise appearance but as far as this game goes he'll probably Train in Vain. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I predict that Leicester will go 1-0 up. Vardy will have a great chance to make it 2-0, but will Kick it Over. A few minutes later Cantwell will score The Equaliser. Hernandez may make a surprise appearance but as far as this game goes he'll probably Train in Vain. 

When Norwich see Leicester’s back 4 they’ll be chomping at the bit. Attack them from the first whistle.

It's all about being like millwall. No-one likes us we don't care. If norwich can make a sustainable presence in the pl doing it their way then it makes the whole obscene oligarch based premiership uneasy and it also gives all teams from say stevenage to wba hope for the future. No wonder the pundicariat are scared they will have to actual think about what they say. Yellows.

I get the sense at the moment that we are being underrated by most supporters and media that aren't 'in the know' and are simply harking back to our performances post-lockdown two years ago. 

Part of that, I think, is because we didn't change the XI much in the first two games and so folk will have seen the same old names of Pukki, Cantwell, Hanley, Aarons, Rupp, Krul and will have thought that we are the same side as last time and bound to go down again as a result.

I'm quietly confident that we are going to product some results that will surprise many in the coming weeks. Especially when we get our CDM in. Because we've signed 5 or 6 players now who have really improved the squad. When they are fully up to speed after the international break I'm very excited to see how we go because I think we are going to bloody some noses.

Edited by Beefy is a legend
  • Like 1

I listened to Talk Sport yesterday afternoon to lots of Arsenal fans who weren’t confident and look what happened at West Brom!

Fan confidence won’t have any bearing on the result, it’s all about Farke and the team’s confidence which thanks to Bournemouth should be in a good place 👍

1 hour ago, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Rogers being tipped for Arsenal job should  it suddenly become available, should work in our favour.

Why would he move there? Arsenal are a bigger club with a slightly bigger budget but are in total disarray; he has more chance of winning trophies and qualifying for Europe with Leicester.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Why would he move there? Arsenal are a bigger club with a slightly bigger budget but are in total disarray; he has more chance of winning trophies and qualifying for Europe with Leicester.

Can Arsenal better his £200k a week at Leicester? His good but not that good. 

1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:
1 hour ago, Worthy Nigelton said:

No reason why we can't win this one. There are only eight games a season you can write off and this isn't one of them. 

Guess you mean Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Man Utd. You are probably right, but then 2 of those have already dropped points against teams who some on here predicted would struggle this season.

Leicester definitely isn't a free hit.