birchfest

Transfers that dragged on but came to nothing hall of fame

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Forever a green and yellow icon 😉

Just like Srbeny's caps. 😉

I'm kind of staggered that we've got to Page 2 of this thread and nobody has mentioned Carl Cort.

Wasn't he the name that started the whole 'Spotted in Asda/Morrison's' meme on this board?

1 hour ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Is that because most houses round here don't have gated fronts 🤔

I cant help thinking that this 👆would have helped avoid this 👇 alleged situation! 

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

Dare I mention a certain ex-Spurs, ex-Swansea and apparently currently suspended from Everton midfielder. Pretty glad we missed that one…

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, birchfest said:

Ohh Bigila, cracking one that, well remember.

I’ve got another..

Miroslav Klose

Miroslav klose and we ended up with Tim 🤣

3 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I'm kind of staggered that we've got to Page 2 of this thread and nobody has mentioned Carl Cort.

Wasn't he the name that started the whole 'Spotted in Asda/Morrison's' meme on this board?

That's because... he actually DID sign for us in 2008 scoring a mighty one goal in 12 games to starve off relegation for us.

Oh wait, that's not quite how it went... we got relegated and released him from his contract when we dropped to league one

Now..... this has me searching my memories... I seem to remember about 15 years ago, a poster (i cant remember who) being obsessed with us signing someone who was either a striker or centreback and then playing them as a box-to-box midfielder...

can anyone else remember this??

1 hour ago, AJ said:

That's because... he actually DID sign for us in 2008 scoring a mighty one goal in 12 games to starve off relegation for us.

Oh wait, that's not quite how it went... we got relegated and released him from his contract when we dropped to league one

Oh good grief I'd completely forgotten that he actually DID play for us. 

2 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Oh good grief I'd completely forgotten that he actually DID play for us. 

It's the minds natural response to disaster 😅

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, AJ said:

It's the minds natural response to disaster 😅

Next thing you'll be trying to convince me that we once lost the first home game of the season in Division One to Colchester by a score of 7-1. 

• Haha 1

Been trying to pull this name out of my head since I first read this thread. I have the name, but now I'm not even sure we where in for him! Anyway was on my brain all day.. so I give you ..... Mixu Paatelainen...anyone want to back me up ? 

2 hours ago, Norfolk Dan said:

Been trying to pull this name out of my head since I first read this thread. I have the name, but now I'm not even sure we where in for him! Anyway was on my brain all day.. so I give you ..... Mixu Paatelainen...anyone want to back me up ? 

i don't remember us being in for him.. 

I do remember rumours around players who weren't regularly playing being "linked" to us.. Yorke (when he couldn't get into the AV team as a winger), Danny Murphy, Lee Clark, Kevin Davies

6 hours ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

I as still traumatised by this one..

Who was this guy then, I don't remember anything about him but his wiki suggests he was very close to joining in 96 or something?

Benik A̶d̶o̶b̶e̶ Afobe* comes to mind as a recent one. I remember we spent almost an entire summer lodging bids well below the asking price. 

Edited by HertsCanary93