Sign in to follow this  
FatCanary

Covid passes for Saturday?

I'm assuming yes, having my second jab tomorrow.

Any idea when we can expect decisions or announcements on this?

Got a friend who wants to come to the game with me, but neither of us are sure how the checks will work.

I'm aware no one here is likely to know for certain, but best guess?

Appreciated. 

Just now, FatCanary said:

I'm assuming yes, having my second jab tomorrow.

Any idea when we can expect decisions or announcements on this?

Got a friend who wants to come to the game with me, but neither of us are sure how the checks will work.

I'm aware no one here is likely to know for certain, but best guess?

Appreciated. 

Nothing announced yet..... 

Possibly from Oct, is what Boris has said. 

Just now, Greavsy said:

Nothing announced yet..... 

Possibly from Oct, is what Boris has said. 

Thanks pal. The fan info for Bournemouth did seem to imply that checks would be in place for subsequent games, unless I am misremembering?

I did ask the same question a few threads down.

Appears no update then but the club did say evidence was not required for the Liverpool but might be for subsequent games.

I'll bring evidence of double vaccination just in case.

• Like 1

I carry my covid dubble jabba jabba cards all the time just in case a dubble jabba jabba jabsworth in some venue, bar, bazaar, cafe or biggy social establishment demands to see my medical in confidence credentials.....I also carry a spare face nappy as well......

Whatever the Govt decide the club had better hone their communication skills if recent months are anything to go by since Ben Kensell left.

Just remember you won't be classed as double jabbed until 2 weeks after your 2nd jab. 

Get the NHS app, if you haven't already your covid passport can be activated in there. 

• Like 1

Have you had any luck getting the covid pass onto Google pay would make things simpler 

The NHS app is your vaccine passport. Once 2nd jab is given at 2 weeks you click on ‘ get vaccine passport ‘. It then gives you a choice of ‘ domestic ‘ or ‘ travel ‘, domestic gives you a QR code to scan, travel gives you a choice of QR code or letter to print off. You can also put it on as a letter to print off in its own right.

Cant see your card being acceptable as proof in the future.

11 minutes ago, Well b back said:

The NHS app is your vaccine passport. Once 2nd jab is given at 2 weeks you click on ‘ get vaccine passport ‘. It then gives you a choice of ‘ domestic ‘ or ‘ travel ‘, domestic gives you a QR code to scan, travel gives you a choice of QR code or letter to print off. You can also put it on as a letter to print off in its own right.

Well that's the people with out smart phones stuffed then! 

33 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Will your Nokia3310 work then Greavsy ? 😂

25 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Depends how strict it will eventually be, I guess. If reliant on that little card it will be very easy to fake you are double jabbed, just as LFT at present are, as you just record the negative test even if you are positive. 
within the U.K. though can’t even see it happening as by the day more data is being gathered and it is getting less likely that 2 jabs long term stop you catching or transmitting it, although still considerably less than not having 2 jabs. It is however highly effective at stopping more severe illness.

Those without a double vaccination will be at a far higher risk of catching it than us and getting severely ill, however us double jabbed are far from totally protected from getting it from the unvaccinated and each other. A football ground will be a high risk area for those unvaccinated. It seems for those double jabbed that contract COVID have the same viral load as those that haven’t been vaccinated.

49 minutes ago, Well b back said:

A useless snippet of info but those with the NHS app are aware that it rolls forward a month giving the date of expiry every time you log in and having only ever looked at my Travel QR code a few minutes ago i looked at the Domstic QR code and it has an expiry time and date.

6 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A useless snippet of info but those with the NHS app are aware that it rolls forward a month giving the date of expiry every time you log in and having only ever looked at my Travel QR code a few minutes ago i looked at the Domstic QR code and it has an expiry time and date.

Mine doesn't. It currently expires on the 27th. I'll need to request another for matchday. No big deal.

I'm not double jabbed yet. The club haven't communicated that I have to be to attend Saturday. I'm assuming that's the case,  unless they've just not bothered telling us, which seems unlikely.

18 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Mine doesn't. It currently expires on the 27th. I'll need to request another for matchday. No big deal.

My Travel QR expires 24th September and my Domestic QR said expires 24th September at 7.22pm.

As you say Capt P no big deal and as i said a useless snippet of information.

Mine is also 24 Sept, as is my wife’s. Vaccinated at different times.

24 Sept is pretty much exactly a month away so maybe it does roll forward a month at a time. Worth checking in a week or so.

Someone told me you have to have a couple of pri-cks so I’m going with Danny Mills and Garth Crooks

Edited by Canary Jedi
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, FatCanary said:

So if my jab is tomorrow...its useless to me as I can't prove it?

You'll be able to prove you've had it, but the passport won't be live for 2 weeks. I wouldn't worry too much, it's not a condition of entrance at the moment and I don't know anyone who was randomly checked in the Liverpool game 

1 hour ago, Sussexyellow said:

Mine is also 24 Sept, as is my wife’s. Vaccinated at different times.

24 Sept is pretty much exactly a month away so maybe it does roll forward a month at a time. Worth checking in a week or so.

That is indeed how it works Sussex.

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will your Nokia3310 work then Greavsy ? 😂

I'll have a look when I've finished playing snake......... 

There will be no COVID-19 checks in place on entry to Carrow Road for the Leicester fixture, however supporters are asked to continue following the ongoing government guidance.

There will be volunteers present asking select fans to complete surveys outside the stadium regarding COVID-19 passports.  This survey will take no longer than two minutes per supporter and fans are requested to participate fully, as all data obtained is extremely important for both the club and Premier League to understand the possible impact to supporters if a COVID-19 passport to attend a large scale event becomes mandatory.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/important-fan-information-norwich-city-v-leicester-city/

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Pete Raven said:

There will be no COVID-19 checks in place on entry to Carrow Road for the Leicester fixture, however supporters are asked to continue following the ongoing government guidance.

There will be volunteers present asking select fans to complete surveys outside the stadium regarding COVID-19 passports.  This survey will take no longer than two minutes per supporter and fans are requested to participate fully, as all data obtained is extremely important for both the club and Premier League to understand the possible impact to supporters if a COVID-19 passport to attend a large scale event becomes mandatory.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2021/august/important-fan-information-norwich-city-v-leicester-city/

Would be great if someone at the club could remind fans of the advice regarding wearing face coverings in the concourses and the bars (as well as the loos) as there weren't too many people doing this on Tuesday.

Paper passports will be a bit of a waste of time as they'll be easy to forge, photo copy and print multiple copies.

Can see this being a queue-fest in the future. Just hope the club has the common sense to open all turnstiles.

Edited by Capt. Pants

Just to remind fans that Covid has not gone away as many seem to think

Friend of mine double jabbed, goes to Nuffield gym every day

So fit it’s unbelievable 

Now on a ventilator at N&N

This is a killer 

Be very careful 

Edited by daly
  • Thanks 2