Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Not Only Is Tzolis A Great Player But Classy As Well.

I remember hearing on a podcast recently, or maybe the radio, about prem clubs charging players for excess shirts they give away without prior agreement.

So Tzolis has 9 left now haha 🙂  Seriously though, nice touch.

Seen that in pretty much every prem game now, like about ten kids holding signs asking for a players shirts.. Greedy little gits back in my day they would be lucky to get an autograph grumble grumble grumble

😉

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I tried the same thing with Kylie and her underwear. I simply got ejected!

You ejected or got ejected.. either way, that's a win in my book with Kylie's help! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Derek NCFC @boswell_derek My grandson spent yesterday making a poster saying "Tzolis please can I have your shirt" During the second half the player saw this and at the end of the game came ove and gave him his shirt.A brilliant footballer but also a lovely guy.'

Ignoring my last stupid comment.

Really happy our players are so happy to do that, just wish I had done it in the late.'80's, would have loved Gunny's top. 

I’m sure most of you won’t agree but while it was a nice thing for him to do there’s just something about kids holding up signs asking players for kit that I just find a bit tacky.

6 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’m sure most of you won’t agree but while it was a nice thing for him to do there’s just something about kids holding up signs asking players for kit that I just find a bit tacky.

I think after that little girl did it at the Euros it’s set a precedent. What starts off as a quality gesture then becomes the norm and it sort of loses its value. 

Next thing you’ll see is a ‘players worn’ shirt on eBay going for £250 quid…

3 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I sort of agree to a point, but I’ll add the caveat that if it’s a child getting their hands on a magical piece of memorabilia from their hero, then I can’t really be against that. I’d have loved a match worn Kevin Drinkell shirt when I was a kid. Although they probably still washed the kit then…

It’s just that where kids are getting a bit of success, the front row of the Jarrold will just be a swarm of kids from 88 minutes onwards and then parents will kick off if their kid doesn’t get what they have crayoned onto a cardboard box, players will get labelled as arrogant or not caring and then “we pay your wages” blah blah 

I mean, that might just be me not having much faith in folk but I can see it happening. 

The other problem I foresee is the cynical parent helping create the sign, hold it up, get the shirt or whatever and then it’s on eBay before the players have finished their warm down. 

Hope the kid treasures it though, it’s great for him and has done Tzolis no harm in terms of endearing himself to the fans even further. 

• Like 1

It’s a wee bit hard for my son to do this, we always sit in the upper Barclay!

I err, just about, on it being a nice thing - just hope some tossers don’t start taking advantage and selling them on ebay, spoiling it for all.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I'll be getting the pva glue and sequins out tonight. ''tzolis can i have your car keys''.

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

Agreed. At least it's kids though for the most part. South Korean adults like making signs to get Son's attention/stuff at Spurs - seems to be a weekly thing.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Derek NCFC @boswell_derek My grandson spent yesterday making a poster saying "Tzolis please can I have your shirt" During the second half the player saw this and at the end of the game came ove and gave him his shirt.A brilliant footballer but also a lovely guy.'

That is truly inspiring. In fact I just made a poster saying “can I have one week of your wages? which I’m taking to the Leicester game 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

14 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

That is truly inspiring. In fact I just made a poster saying “can I have one week of your wages? which I’m taking to the Leicester game 😊

That would be brilliant if you actually did it 😀

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Bonus points if the parent put that sign up next to the kid's sign for the kit.

15 hours ago, Canary Jedi said:

Might be a good way of killing off the kids asking for shirts thing. If it becomes a trend, everyone should take stupid ones along.

”Sargent (note spelling @lake district canary) can I have your hair?”

(At a cup game, especially if it goes to penalties) “Krul- can I have your water bottle?”

”Aarons- can I have guidance on how to pronounce your name?”

”Farke -can I have your parka?”

16 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'll be getting the pva glue and sequins out tonight. ''tzolis can i have your car keys''.

Is this because he has a nice car, or a nice wife?

1 minute ago, Nuff Said said:

Is this because he has a nice car, or a nice wife?

He's only 19 (looks 45 I know) so it's unlikely that he's married but I'll keep anything that's tied up in the boot.

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Seen that in pretty much every prem game now, like about ten kids holding signs asking for a players shirts.. Greedy little gits back in my day they would be lucky to get an autograph grumble grumble grumble

😉

Back in your day? But you can only be no older than 14? 

1 minute ago, Yobocop said:

Back in your day? But you can only be no older than 14? 

He just has a great skincare routine

I'm 30 soon (help) and there's no way my dad was letting me bring one of them to a game as a kid.

A lot of the time the dads look in on it these days. Want to take an open mouth, beard and glasses selfie with their favourite players I guess.

52 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

I'm 30 soon (help) and there's no way my dad was letting me bring one of them to a game as a kid.

A lot of the time the dads look in on it these days. Want to take an open mouth, beard and glasses selfie with their favourite players I guess.

Jurgen Klopp?

274935D6-4BC0-4DD1-A0B4-018B4112798B.jpeg

I was watching a liverpool the game the other day and it took me an hour to work out why Klopp looked so weird. Had his eyes done or was wearing contacts. Guess he'll save some money getting replacements in the long rn.

8 hours ago, FenwayFrank said:

This discussion dredged up an old memory of this image. zoom in on the sign at the back 😂😂

image.jpeg.d37493d6e26d5511ee7ac7bf0a6524fb.jpeg

• Haha 1