TIL 1010

Carabao Cup 3rd Round Draw.

Liverpool have a CL group game mid week the week before then a Premier league weekend(Palace), Us in the cup. Premier League weekend(Brentford), champions league midweek then Man city that weekend.

Basically they will play a B or even a C team.

Answered my own question lost 3 1 in a replay in the fa cup after a 00 at carra. Being a bit like that we won first 3 cup games v Liverpool last was in 1951. Bless Ron Ashman.

7 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Liverpool have a CL group game mid week the week before then a Premier league weekend(Palace), Us in the cup. Premier League weekend(Brentford), champions league midweek then Man city that weekend.

Basically they will play a B or even a C team.

From our perspective it's sandwiched between Watford and Everton = games we need to pick up points. We'll field our B team as well, but no idea if it's better than our A team. It's a big 8 days for us.

8 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

The computer has clearly been hacked!

Quite correct..that's 2 home cup games back to back.... Who would have thought that! 

Good draw, imo. Money-spinner, that's for sure.

Full house, likely to be televised, and our success will depend upon the team Liverpool put out. It won't be anywhere near the same team that we faced first game as they will have too many other commitments, as has been stated, to make them (Klopp) over-concerned with this cup.  

Edited by BroadstairsR

Annoying as would have been nice to have a little run but it could be a good game if Liverpool do put out their reserves

In retrospect, to me it's a fairly decent draw.....As a few have previously mentioned it probably won't be the strong Liverpool side that was fielded at Carra on the 14th of August.....

Although I also think Mr Klopp will be rather keen to not lose this cup game either, so will most likely also bring and bench those Red shirt main 'game changers' just in case.....

I'm hoping Daniel fields a side akin to the team that turned over Bournemouth, with our 'seasoned' main players also on the bench....

These cup games do allow us to play our fringe and lacking competitive game time players hopefully in front of a raucous and healthy sized crowd....I'm really looking forward to it.....

To me a decent price for tickets for this under floodlights midweek evening cup tie, would be £20.00 for adults and £5.00 for kids etc, which will put many bums on seats and a few bob in the club coffers (even if it's televised).....If they want to charge £48.00 to attend? I personally think the club will be shooting themselves in the foot....

22 minutes ago, Rustyboy said:

Don't we have to give them an even bigger allocation for cup games? That will really P me off!

The Yarmuff Reds y'mean?.....

2 hours ago, Rustyboy said:

Don't we have to give them an even bigger allocation for cup games? That will really P me off!

I may be wrong but i think that is only for FA Cup.

What are the odds this one sells out? I have in-laws coming over from their island home south of the equator, and given that they are massive Liverpool fans (considering their nationality, I don't understand why) I've now been tasked with securing four tickets.

The alternative is eternal shunning, and I'm not at that point of my marriage yet.

Edited by TetteyTea

3 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I may be wrong but i think that is only for FA Cup.

Didn't we take 8-9,000 to Arsenal in the Carabao cup when we lost 2-1 TILY? I might be wrong.

12 minutes ago, Rustyboy said:

Didn't we take 8-9,000 to Arsenal in the Carabao cup when we lost 2-1 TILY? I might be wrong.

You are right but i think it was a matter of the club negotiating a larger allocation because Arsenal were not going to fill the ground with 60,000 Gooners for the game.

Healthy 20,000+ crowd and a jolly good atmosphere against Bournemouth on Tuesday evening thanks to the decent prices.....Now it's down to the club and what the ticket costs for the Liverpool cup game will be?.....