Sign in to follow this  
hps2031a

What do we expect in the final days of the transfer window?

I think we are all on the same page, and think priorities are CDM and CB.

But with Hugill of to West Brom, do we need a different option up top? Some one who we can knock long balls to, to pressure off, the defence, and with these wingers pinging balls in the box someone to get his head on them.

11 minutes ago, hps2031a said:

I think we are all on the same page, and think priorities are CDM and CB.

But with Hugill of to West Brom, do we need a different option up top? Some one who we can knock long balls to, to pressure off, the defence, and with these wingers pinging balls in the box someone to get his head on them.

I think this is one of the reasons why we bought Sargent. 

And maybe we can ping balls to our wingers instead of a big lump target man ….. anyway Todd to leave and a DM and CB to come in. 

I still think Todd should stay. You don't want to lose your best two attackers in the same window. We absolutely need a DM though so expect that to happen at the very least. Before we signed Williams Farke hinted at two more, so one down, one to go! 

Not long to go now with a big game coming up and we are still negotiating a deal that that doesn't sound too positive. If Rostov rate Normann so highly, why would they be so worried about us being relegated. 

If this doesn't happen what number choice do we move onto and how much will desperation affect our bargaining? I hope we can get a top quality CB and DM. We have got some excellent forwards but if they're always having to help the defence we're going to struggle. 

Not quite sure whats in it for us in loaning out Hugill....its not as if he's a youngster and will improve and come back a better player.

We should either have sold him , to a club who have parachute payments in WBA or kept him as back up. With 9 subs there are bound to be times where another striker would be needed for the bench.

Loaning him out gets us neither the player nor any transfer money for him

I can see 1 holding mid coming in, chances are someone we wouldnt have heard of...and possibly some outs i.e Oxborough,Bushiri,Sitti and if not loan moves ,the cancellation of contracts for Klose and Trybull.

Hernandez non inclusion in last nights squad looks onimous too for him.

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

2 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

Not quite sure whats in it for us in loaning out Hugill....its not as if he's a youngster and will improve and come back a better player.

We should either have sold him , to a club who gave parachute payments in WBA or kept him as back up. With 9 subs there are bound to be times where another striker would be needed for the bench.

Loaning him out gets us neither the player nor any transfer money for him

I can see 1 holding mid coming in, chances are someone we wouldnt have heard of...and possibly some outs i.e Oxborough,Bushiri,Sitti and if not loan moves ,the cancellation of contracts for Klose and Trybull.

Hernandez non inclusion in last nights squad look onimous too for him.

Save his wages - he'll be one of the highest paid after coming in from a Premier League club and will have got an increase when Norwich were promoted. Club will also get a loan fee and if he goes on to score 15 goals for WBA then his value will increase. With the lack of money in the Championship I doubt there is anyone who would actually want to take him on permanently at the moment. 

• Like 2

I think we will sign a CDM and this will be all, think loaning out Placheta would be a good option, I would personally keep Hernandez as a pace option from the bench/in the squad, if we start with Tzolis & Rashica or either of them pick up injuries we don't have any back up players with pace. I dont see Hernandez starting but a option if required 

Would love to see another CB come in but think it may be too late

Yup, a big earner who would be 4th line for a place on the pitch.

Slightly questionable signing at the time but clearly had his plus points. How much was our turnaround in fortune down to the positive new faces in the changing room? who knows.  Did alright in when he had a little patch of games, clearly a decent player there. More suited to how they play than how we do though so hopefully he does well.

I wonder if we'd have signed him if the games last season weren't even more compressed otgether due to Covid.

I'm hoping for a new contract for Todd but if a big last minute offer came in I wonder if they'd be tempted.

Just now, Block Y Seat 176 said:

Watching Farke’s interview following Bournemouth game I got the impression that there is more business to do before the deadline.🤞

Norwich are definitely still chasing a couple of signings - but worth remembering that Farke isn't in charge of transfers and many of his comments are to put pressure on Webber to get the players in.

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Norwich are definitely still chasing a couple of signings - but worth remembering that Farke isn't in charge of transfers and many of his comments are to put pressure on Webber to get the players in.

I'm not sure we have ever really seen that sort of relationship with these two. Usually Farke is very philosophical and if there isn't anything much happening he says so. In fact, he'd put more pressure on Webber by saying very little is happening than he would saying that it is. I didn't see that in this interview.

No doubt they are working on players. It'll be down to the sort of deal we are looking for now - as with Normann.

33 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

But can we get the right players in such a limited time? Buendia was sold early to give us that time. It's OK to stick to your principles as we did with Ajer, but we haven't signed a similar player for less. 

The right players in these positions would give us a great chance and would complete an upgrade from last season. If we fail it  could make Farke's optimism and positivity look misplaced. 

9 hours ago, curious yellow said:

But can we get the right players in such a limited time? Buendia was sold early to give us that time. It's OK to stick to your principles as we did with Ajer, but we haven't signed a similar player for less. 

The right players in these positions would give us a great chance and would complete an upgrade from last season. If we fail it  could make Farke's optimism and positivity look misplaced. 

Still a bit of time and all reports suggest Norwich are hard at work with a few targets. These things can change very quickly, but whether it is Norwich’s top choice or one lower down the list is unclear. No new players will be in place for the Leicester game, but I think that isn’t a huge surprise. 

10 hours ago, chicken said:

I'm not sure we have ever really seen that sort of relationship with these two. Usually Farke is very philosophical and if there isn't anything much happening he says so. In fact, he'd put more pressure on Webber by saying very little is happening than he would saying that it is. I didn't see that in this interview.

No doubt they are working on players. It'll be down to the sort of deal we are looking for now - as with Normann.

By stating that Norwich definitely need a couple of players and the exact positions he wants them, Farke is certainly putting some pressure on Webber to get it done.

I’m not sure Farke would be quite so open about it if he was the one in charge of getting those players through the door - you’d probably hear comments more along the lines of ‘good to get someone in to help the group’ etc. 

To answer the op: a lot of posts confusing the different league transfer window dates, or exhibiting continued confusion over loan rules. 
Every year, like clockwork..

(Disclaimer- in case anyone asks, i don’t know the rules/dates either !)

8 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

By stating that Norwich definitely need a couple of players and the exact positions he wants them, Farke is certainly putting some pressure on Webber to get it done.

I’m not sure Farke would be quite so open about it if he was the one in charge of getting those players through the door - you’d probably hear comments more along the lines of ‘good to get someone in to help the group’ etc. 

If this was any other Norwich manager of the past I would agree. However, we haven't really seen anything like this from Farke before. He and Webber work together, I think it's a case of reading too much into the situation on this one Bethnal. It's similar language to that Farke has been using all summer. They'll both want players in, I don't think that's a secret and Farke will know Webber isn't swanning around on a fancy mobile at a fancy bar in Dubai. 

One thing we can be sure of, Webber will be working his a** off to sign a CDM, fingers crossed he lands one. 

Something to watch is Sarr  future at Watford and Traore at Wolves. If they both go that is good news for us particularly Sarr.

8 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Do you think we're still trying to get a CB in as well as a CDM?

Yes.

12 minutes ago, Samwam27 said:

Do you think we're still trying to get a CB in as well as a CDM?

I would think so, CB and CDM are the two positions left to fill, with CDM being by far and away the priority. Zimbo looked better against Bournemouth but still made a couple of errors which he got away with - he won't get away with them in the Prem

CB is important also due to fact that based on pre-season, I'd expect Farke to want play three at back in some games and we really more CBs to pull that through.