Sign in to follow this  
Thirsty Lizard

Buendia or Rashica, Sargent and Tzolis?

46 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well 8+8+9 actually equals 25 so I guess your point is even more valid than you thought. 

Jesus! I need to sleep, (I actually had to have several shots at typing sleep... slipp, slpp, slep).

Work at a kids home and, well, if no one is aware, the care sector is straining at the moment. Having to do extra shifts etc to make it work. Then I wasn't expecting to celebrate 6 goals and Tzolis last night either... I predicted 3-1... 

Buendia's one of the best players to have played for our club if not the best. Rashica, Sargent & Tzolis look decent players and could all play a positive part in the future for us but it would take a very special player to dislodge this legend. 

Hell of a player to watch but does a couple of championship promotions make you a legend, even in the current climate? Not to mention he'd have been out of here in a shot last year given half a chance.

I wish him all the best but I really hope we kick him off the park next time he comes to Carrow Road.

6 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Hell of a player to watch but does a couple of championship promotions and a relegation make you a legend, even in the current climate? Not to mention he'd have been out of here in a shot last year given half a chance.

I wish him all the best but I really hope we kick him off the park next time he comes to Carrow Road.

Even more true........

16 hours ago, Six Pack said:

Buendia's one of the best players to have played for our club if not the best. Rashica, Sargent & Tzolis look decent players and could all play a positive part in the future for us but it would take a very special player to dislodge this legend. 

Is he though? Perhaps one of the most technically talented but... 

Head to head:
First Season in the Premier League:
Buendia 2019/20 = 36 appearances, 1 goal, 7 assists.
Wes Hoolahan 2011/12 = 33 appearances, 4 goals, 7 assists.

Buendia has 121 appearances over 3 seasons scoring 24 goals, two championship winners medals.
Wes Hoolahan has 352 appearances over 10 seasons scoring 54 goals with a play off winner medal and a promotion finishing 2nd. AND part of a team that had three successive seasons in the premier league.

Some may point to Hoolahan never fetching a fee of £30m+. However, one has to consider that in 2011 when we gained promotion he was already 29. And his diminutive size and lack of outright pace probably put off many.

For me, as good as Buendia has been for us, he failed to dislodge the likes of Hoolahan, Eadie, Fox and Huckerby in terms of what he gave to the club on the pitch and off it. I am sure older fans will add the likes of Peters to that list.

Edited by chicken

On 25/08/2021 at 19:00, chicken said:

B, but you need to add Lees-Melou as well. £8+8+9= 27. Add 3.5 plus little bits from others.

On 25/08/2021 at 20:49, Thirsty Lizard said:

Well 8+8+9 actually equals 25 so I guess your point is even more valid than you thought. 

Another two people who don't understand that wages and transfer fees come out of the same pot. 

Buendia was on, what, £20k a week, £1m a year?

You don't only take into consideration transfer fees.

Then you have signing on fees, agent fees, and loyalty bonuses on top. 

That said, I think that getting rid of the petulant one and investing across the pitch will probably serve us best in the long run.

22 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Another two people who don't understand that wages and transfer fees come out of the same pot. 

Buendia was on, what, £20k a week, £1m a year?

You don't only take into consideration transfer fees.

Then you have signing on fees, agent fees, and loyalty bonuses on top. 

That said, I think that getting rid of the petulant one and investing across the pitch will probably serve us best in the long run.

Good grief - I've made this very point on here hundreds of times. 🤦‍♂️

C, but I think it will be B

It’s way too early to tell as Buendia had 3 seasons with us, 1 in the PL, and out of Rashica, Tzolis, and Sargent the one with the most apps is Sargent with 3, two as a late sub. With the new signings you’ve also got 3 players, not 1 but what we need to do is see how they do for us first - look like they might be good so far

5 hours ago, chicken said:

Is he though? Perhaps one of the most technically talented but... 

Head to head:
First Season in the Premier League:
Buendia 2019/20 = 36 appearances, 1 goal, 7 assists.
Wes Hoolahan 2011/12 = 33 appearances, 4 goals, 7 assists.

Buendia has 121 appearances over 3 seasons scoring 24 goals, two championship winners medals.
Wes Hoolahan has 352 appearances over 10 seasons scoring 54 goals with a play off winner medal and a promotion finishing 2nd. AND part of a team that had three successive seasons in the premier league.

Some may point to Hoolahan never fetching a fee of £30m+. However, one has to consider that in 2011 when we gained promotion he was already 29. And his diminutive size and lack of outright pace probably put off many.

For me, as good as Buendia has been for us, he failed to dislodge the likes of Hoolahan, Eadie, Fox and Huckerby in terms of what he gave to the club on the pitch and off it. I am sure older fans will add the likes of Peters to that list.

I was posting about the pretendres dethroning Buendia - not about Hoolahan who for me sits at the highest perch of the canaries legend tree

21 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Hell of a player to watch but does a couple of championship promotions make you a legend, even in the current climate? Not to mention he'd have been out of here in a shot last year given half a chance.

OK so we now have to recruit another DM, another CD and a thug !