Sign in to follow this  
Move Klose

Hernandez & Placheta

Have we seen the end of these for Norwich now?

With Tzolis, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Cantwell, Dowell all capable of playing these wider roles in a 433 or 4231 etc.

Can definitely see Hernandez getting a move in the next week or so, maybe Placheta will stay around as his pace is a big asset, but sadly his only asset.

Onel has more to offer than placheta. Keep onel and loan placheta. But I cant see either getting many minutes in league or cuo

2 minutes ago, Move Klose said:

Have we seen the end of these for Norwich now?

With Tzolis, Rashica, Sargent, Idah, Cantwell, Dowell all capable of playing these wider roles in a 433 or 4231 etc.

Can definitely see Hernandez getting a move in the next week or so, maybe Placheta will stay around as his pace is a big asset, but sadly his only asset.

Had Placheta not be suffering with COVID he may have made the bench last night, hard to know. I do think both of them need a loan, in Hernandez's case a permanent move would probably be best to be honest. 

23 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Had Placheta not be suffering with COVID he may have made the bench last night, hard to know. I do think both of them need a loan, in Hernandez's case a permanent move would probably be best to be honest. 

A place on the bench for a much changed team in the Cup, would not have been a huge positive step in his career. As has been said, pace is his only asset atm (and in this level, that can be countered by the opposition) , and we cannot wait for him to develop

As much as I love any player who wants to play for us, Argos doesn't possess enough quality to test Prem defenders, to influence games for us.

Without doubt, on last nights showing, Tzolis will instantly be ahead of those two and as Move Klose has said we have plenty of options there now. I think Placheta is a long term project so a loan might be a good option. Clearly they rate him, but he's just not there yet in terms of producing the goods. As for Onel, love the chap and his efforts for the club, but hard to see him getting in the team with Tzolis, Cantwell, Rashica, Dowell and Sargent ahead of him now

2 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Are Tzolis and Rashica in competition for a place or do we see them both n the team?

Seems like 2 out of Cantwell, Rashica, Dowell and Tzolis if Farke sticks with the 4-3-3 (which I think he will for a while). Will be a fascinating battle for spots, but Tzolis and Rashica together might lack a little bit of nauce that Cantwell and Dowell provide.

8 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

A place on the bench for a much changed team in the Cup, would not have been a huge positive step in his career. As has been said, pace is his only asset atm (and in this level, that can be countered by the opposition) , and we cannot wait for him to develop

As much as I love any player who wants to play for us, Argos doesn't possess enough quality to test Prem defenders, to influence games for us.

Harsh to say Placheta has nothing but pace in my view. He isn't completely hopeless and is young enough to improve - a Championship loan and 30+ games would really let us know how his trajectory is looking. Hernandez has peaked and now seems the most logical time to part ways.

Just now, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Seems like 2 out of Cantwell, Rashica, Dowell and Tzolis if Farke sticks with the 4-3-3 (which I think he will for a while). Will be a fascinating battle for spots, but Tzolis and Rashica together might lack a little bit of nauce that Cantwell and Dowell provide.

Harsh to say Placheta has nothing but pace in my view. He isn't completely hopeless and is young enough to improve - a Championship loan and 30+ games would really let us know how his trajectory is looking. Hernandez has peaked and now seems the most logical time to part ways.

I'm certainly not saying he is hopeless Bethnal (he is a full international after all and I did say 'atm') . I agree with the assessment of his career. My point is that he is not good enough atm, to play in the Prem this season for us. Being around Colney this season (and his highest achievement may be a bench place for the Cup games), will not do him any good whatsoever

I like Onel and would be happy to keep hold of him as a squad player but the harsh truth with these two is their end product is lacking for premier league level. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Deptford Yellow said:

Are Tzolis and Rashica in competition for a place or do we see them both n the team?

I’d like to see both in the side but that would mean no Todd in the starting line up. I think we will rotate them. I was pleased to see Rashica looking genuinely delighted for Tzolis at the end of the game last night. Suggests a good attitude. 

• Like 1

I actually think Placheta would have looked dangerous in that team last night as we played more on the counter-attack. Hernandez is good in the Championship but you'd think both Tzolis and Rashica can cause the problems at Premier League level he doesn't always do (Project Restart notwithstanding).

On a human level, it'll be sad to see Onel go. A guy who loves it so much he gets it tattooed clearly has an affinity with the regime that's priceless in many ways, but as Vrancic and Stiepermann found out, it's a fair leap up to the Premier and there's no time for sentimentality. But if he does go, I'm sure he'll be remembered as fondly as the other two.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I’d like to see both in the side but that would mean no Todd in the starting line up. I think we will rotate them. I was pleased to see Rashica looking genuinely delighted for Tzolis at the end of the game last night. Suggests a good attitude. 

I think theres certain games where we need play on the counter which will suit these 2 more than Cantwell, but there will be games where we see more of the ball that will suit Cantwell more. 

I think we've probably outgrown Argos which is a shame. Placheta I just don't think is anywhere near good enough, especially now you see what we've brought in. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Came here to say this. Hopefully we can find someone in the Championship who'll give him some minutes to show what he's got. He surely doesn't get in Poland's Euro squad and earn a decent move to Norwich solely off the basis that he can run quite fast

Edited by kirku

17 minutes ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

this again?

they are squad members.. 

unless you can guarantee no injuries or loss of form in the players you list - we need them in the squad

There are a lot of players who can play in their positions in the squad now, and Farke has moved to a system with one less attacking midfielder. They are probably not going to get minutes, even in cup games, so best for Norwich to move them along (whether on loan or permanently) to free up their wages and hopefully get a fee.

Can't sign a whole bunch of players without pushing some others out of the door (especially two players who got limited minutes last season in the Championship).

But funny Argos man, he might be the idea of a brainless winger but he has a Norwich tattoo. Lifetime contract please. As much as I like Hernandez not having to see people call him Argos will make up for that.

I still have hope (although not expectation) that we'll get something out of Placheta.

1 hour ago, If wed kept Howie.. said:

this again?

they are squad members.. 

unless you can guarantee no injuries or loss of form in the players you list - we need them in the squad

But our squad is pretty large right now (27, I think?) with a defensive midfielder and a centre back still on the radar. As a result, three or four of the current squad probably need to be moved on. Hugill seems to be on his way, with Hernandez and Placheta prime candidates to follow.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

Placheta may be able to run fast without the ball but seems to spend most of the time looking at his feet rather than what's going on around him. Hernandez, no finished no product, another head down player.

I think Farke will bin them both off, whether they continue to be paid by the club is a different matter.

Onel was arguably our best player after project restart last year so if he stays free of injuries he could play a part this season but I wouldn't be surprised if he sought pastures new, think the club would probably ike to have him in the squad though.  I would be surprised though to see Placheta go after a year unless what the club thought they saw in him isnt actually there. I think he and Sorensen are probably works in progress for DF and he can see their potential, and it's up to them to fulfill it.

• Like 1

I wonder if Hernandez is about to have a championship loan sorted, hence why he didn’t make the bench like Hugill. He needs to be playing football too, and if he’s 3rd or 4th in line then it’s a stretch to see him involved. It’s strange because I think if he hadn’t have had the injury issues last year, I think it’s likely he would have been involved and so more in the frame for this season.

5 minutes ago, birchfest said:

I wonder if Hernandez is about to have a championship loan sorted, hence why he didn’t make the bench like Hugill. He needs to be playing football too, and if he’s 3rd or 4th in line then it’s a stretch to see him involved. It’s strange because I think if he hadn’t have had the injury issues last year, I think it’s likely he would have been involved and so more in the frame for this season.

Hernandez very much brings something different to the attack, not just to us but any team he plays. Do I think he's good enough for the Prem? No. Do I think he's a decent option off of the bench? Yes. Do I think he would make a pretty good 1st choice regular starting player for any midtable championship team? Yes, honestly would not be surprised if he got back to full fitness in a midtable championship side and tears the divison up and does very well for any team he would join on loan

So I guess what I'm saying is that any non top divison side would be lucky to have him. He's a great, top top guy and much as I do like him being around if he does end up going I very much wish him well and hope he does well and enjoys himself.

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

9 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Hernandez very much brings something different to the attack, not just to us but any team he plays. Do I think he's good enough for the Prem? No. Do I think he's a decent option off of the bench? Yes. Do I think he would make a pretty good 1st choice regular starting player for any midtable championship team? Yes, honestly would not be surprised if he got back to full fitness in a midtable championship side and tears the divison up and does very well for any team he would join on loan

So I guess what I'm saying is that any non top divison side would be lucky to have him. He's a great, top top guy and much as I do like him being around if he does end up going I very much wish him well and hope he does well and enjoys himself.

Could see him going to Swansea to be honest, thar would be a good fit

It's sad Hernandez hasn't been given much of a chance of late, partly due to injury. During 'project restart' he seemed to be the only player who gave a damn and made things happen.

11 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Placheta is an appalling footballer and I hope I never have to see him in a yellow shirt again. 

I'd put him below Wildschut. 

He's a young kid and was brought here as a long term prospect. He's 23 and plays for his country, he can't be that bad. Needs to be far more clinical at PL level though yes, but there's still time to develop him yet

23 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Placheta is an appalling footballer and I hope I never have to see him in a yellow shirt again. 

I'd put him below Wildschut. 

You ever considered guesting on Talksport? 

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, AJ said:

Needs to be far more clinical at PL level though yes

He has not got the balls to use his pace to try and beat Championship full backs, so is never going to do anything in the Prem.