Sign in to follow this  
mastoola

Time for a new beginning ?

Do we try to settle the new talent into our team or do we just let them settle in by playing them.  For me i say play all the new guys and let them settle in. i say we go with a front four of Raschica  Seargent Tziolis and Dowel . The sooner they get settled the sooner they become a unit.This is the premier league and you need to be ruthless.

Cantwell contributes £25m to the transfer kitty. Love what Todd has done with us, but he has no place in the team we saw tonight. 

1 hour ago, KeiranShikari said:

Much like we aren't playing Man City every game we aren't playing a hacked up Bournemouth. This place is insane sometimes.

No better illustrated than by Giannoulis, who looked World-class  against some Bournemouth sub whose name escapes me, twice taking the ball off him with ease, 3 days after getting the mother of all shellackings from Danny Murphy on MoTD. Man City are the benchmark, not Bournemouth 'B' team.

For every 'new beginning' there's a 'false dawn'.

Let's not get carried away with this victory just like we shouldn't over react on the previous defeat.

I'm sure Farke and his coaching team will come up with a good solution. 

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   

Kipling - a very wise poet and hell of a cake maker. 😀
Edited by A Load of Squit

It was a great evening Folks and wonderful to see CR rocking again. 

But a note of caution

Bournemouth were less effective than Gillingham. It’s great to enjoy the moment but it had no bearing at all on playing in the Prem. We will not be allowed to play like that on Saturday . 

3 hours ago, Surfer said:

Cantwell contributes £25m to the transfer kitty. Love what Todd has done with us, but he has no place in the team we saw tonight. 

You don't sell your best player just because we spanked a poor team 6-0. 

1 hour ago, Pugin said:

No better illustrated than by Giannoulis, who looked World-class  against some Bournemouth sub whose name escapes me, twice taking the ball off him with ease, 3 days after getting the mother of all shellackings from Danny Murphy on MoTD. Man City are the benchmark, not Bournemouth 'B' team.

There's no 1 game benchmark for a player and if there was surely you should pick a middling team. Not the best or worst team we're likely to face this season.

Giannoulis was probably our best player in the Liverpool game.

There's no 1 game benchmark for a player and if there was surely you should pick a middling team. Not the best or worst team we're likely to face this season.

Giannoulis was probably our best player in the Liverpool game.

Think theres games that suit Todd more, the games which we see more of the ball, sometimes we have to play on the counter and that's when it doesnt suit him, need the players that will get us up the pitch quickly, Tzolis & Rashica.

2 hours ago, Pugin said:

Man city are an equally insane benchmark. The benchmark are Leicester, Everton etc. Teams that will probably be well above us come the end of the season but who taking a point off away or three at home will be the kind of result which keeps us up and let's us progress.

We need players who on a good day can go toe to toe with players playing for the upper mid table sides. 

Indeed. Although we obviously will never know for sure, I believe that if Williams had played against a rampant Man City then he would've suffered just as Giannoulis and the rest of the team did, and if Giannoulis had played against Bournemouth then he would've looked sensational as Williams and co. did.

As a result, it's unfair to judge players because they struggled away against a world class team and it's similarly a bit dangerous to over-hype those who played yesterday for smashing a (mostly) reserve Bournemouth team at home.

4 hours ago, KeiranShikari said:

Much like we aren't playing Man City every game we aren't playing a hacked up Bournemouth. This place is insane sometimes.

This.

2 hours ago, TheGoogler said:

You don't sell your best player just because we spanked a poor team 6-0. 

You do when that player is in the last year of his contract, and someone offers you £40mil for him, at which point you accept and go out and buy a future superstar in Christos Tzolis for £10mill

8 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Makes one wonder where Cantwell fits in all of this?

Cantwell is absolutely one of our best attacking talents at the club so he will still be a big part of what we do. Tzolis is still very young but I was impressed by his all round play, not only being clinical and decisive with the ball, but keeping his shape and doing extremely well defensively without it. I'd be tempted to try Cantwell down the middle with Tzolis and Rashica down the flanks and one of Pukki/Sargent at the top.

• Thanks 1

Tzolis/Pukki combi would be incredible based on Tzolis performance last night.  So don't know if this signals a new beginning really.   

Also McLean once again showing what he brings.. It's easy to forget that he's a bonefide European level player, stuck the pen for Scotland which set them on their way to Euros, once again called up despite his injury, BBC drafting him in for opinions on Scotland games.  He does deliver, yet he's so easy to leave out as a fan for more exciting names - yet he's probably more renowned than most of our squad.

Far too early to say, but it certainly feels a lot better waking as a City fan this morning! 🙂

Edited by Google Bot

4 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

For every 'new beginning' there's a 'false dawn'.

Let's not get carried away with this victory just like we shouldn't over react on the previous defeat.

I'm sure Farke and his coaching team will come up with a good solution. 

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;   
    If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;   
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
    And treat those two impostors just the same;   

Kipling - a very wise poet and hell of a cake maker. 😀

Out of reactions, but appreciative and suddenly hungry as hugill 

2 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

As a result, it's unfair to judge players because they struggled away against a world class team and it's similarly a bit dangerous to over-hype those who played yesterday for smashing a (mostly) reserve Bournemouth team at home.

Would it not be correct to say the same of the Norwich team,as Farke did make ten changes.
It shows perhaps that we do indeed have a very capable squad.

59 minutes ago, Grumpy said:

Would it not be correct to say the same of the Norwich team,as Farke did make ten changes.
It shows perhaps that we do indeed have a very capable squad.

Oh, of course, I'm not disputing that we also put out our (mostly) second string, with ten changes from the last game.

But there's a huge gulf between Man City's first team and Bournemouth's first team, and this wasn't even Bournemouth's first team.

9 hours ago, Surfer said:

This might be a worse take than all the histrionics we saw on here after losing to Man City

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, kirku said:

histrionics

Nice word, I had to google it's meaning.  I'll find an excuse to use it myself after this weekend! 🙂

......Sorry, carry on....

• Haha 1

I think last night needs to be dragged back in to context. Yes we thrashed a very average Bournemouth second string. We played well and some players really shone. But let’s remember the difference between last night opponents and the premiership is vast. And to say that players like Cantwell who has shown premiership ability have as good as been played out of the team is laughable.

27 minutes ago, Hardhouse44 said:

I think last night needs to be dragged back in to context. Yes we thrashed a very average Bournemouth second string. We played well and some players really shone. But let’s remember the difference between last night opponents and the premiership is vast. And to say that players like Cantwell who has shown premiership ability have as good as been played out of the team is laughable.

Permanent miserablist🙃

Getting carried away is what football fans do. The elation, ott or not, after last night's performance and result will live long in the memory! But will have no bearing on what happens with the team. Just like you're repeated calls to get rid of Farke had no bearing in the last two championship seasons😉

I think Tzolis doing well will inspire Cantwell to do even better.

Todd is very competitive and won't want this young upstart grabbing the headlines.

A win win for NCFC.

40 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I think Tzolis doing well will inspire Cantwell to do even better.

Todd is very competitive and won't want this young upstart grabbing the headlines.

A win win for NCFC.

So bench him and the rest of the others to see if they react. We cant spend 10 mil or something on players that are not going to play.