Sign in to follow this  
Hobozilla

The Sarg

Thought he was fantastic, worked really hard and his close control was good. Looks capable of scoring ‘ugly’ goals because he’s willing to get into the box and throw himself on the end of things. 21 and with Farke should get better, a potentially great bit of business. 

• Like 4

Like I have pointed out in the past he has excelled at doing all the things you want a striker to do.. work hard, bring others into play, all of it. He has just consistently lacked service. Hopefully you guys can get him that service. As an outside observer I thought it was tactically questionable to not start him against City but maybe its better for the long haul. He has done grunt work a long time and against better sides maybe that is better for Pukki. Keep matches tight. Let Sargent work his tail off and bring on Pukki, who is definitely capable of being clinical for the final 20 minutes to nick results that people will write off beforehand. 

I have no idea what he will become but Im excited to see him get a chance in a league that I think he can do a good job in. If nothing else he can be a scrapper. There is definitely room for that in teams needing to scrap. Like I alluded I think that will help an aging Pukki be the best he can be as well. 

Very interested to see how you do on the weekend. I suspect he wont start mainly cause Pukki has earned the chance to lead the line out of the gate. Incredibly hard start to the season. I do think that come week 4..there is real opportunity to put the nail in Mikel Arteta's coffin. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I wasn't able to make the game so would be interested to know whether people think he could play as a 10?

A major issue we have is that teams know that we will persist with playing out from the back. As Pukki has zero arial threat, they're able to commit numbers to their press, safe in the knowledge that there will be no flick-ons/second balls to deal with. 

In my mind, with Sergant as a 10, he can bring others into play and provide the height/physicality that Stiepermann provided. Thoughts?

Slightly off topic, I have no idea how his second ended up in the back of the net!

3 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I wasn't able to make the game so would be interested to know whether people think he could play as a 10?

A major issue we have is that teams know that we will persist with playing out from the back. As Pukki has zero arial threat, they're able to commit numbers to their press, safe in the knowledge that there will be no flick-ons/second balls to deal with. 

In my mind, with Sergant as a 10, he can bring others into play and provide the height/physicality that Stiepermann provided. Thoughts?

Slightly off topic, I have no idea how his second ended up in the back of the net!

That 2nd goal was a Holt style goal!

• Like 1

Off the back of that performance I couldn't say he would make a good no. 10. He didn't quite have the ability to keep the ball and pick a pass. He did look like a good no. 9 though!

What more could you want on a debut than that. Looks able to get in the game far more than Pukki at the moment, and Idah has looked sharp too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WD40 said:

What more could you want on a debut than that. Looks able to get in the game far more than Pukki at the moment, and Idah has looked sharp too.

Would like to see Idah and Sargent together, both looked sharp, pacey  and added the much needed physically

6 hours ago, Yellow and Green said:

I think he could, he seems very intelligent in terms of positioning and moved to the right when Idah came on and still looked comfortable enough but was still looking to get into the middle, but it is clear that Farke sees him as a future replacement for Pukki so expect him to be used in that manner. He isn't that tall though, and I don't think I recall him winning much in the air - definitely looked to prefer it into feet like Pukki. Personally, I think Dowell stands more of a chance of having a crack down the middle again, he looked very good last night with some very clever use of space for McLean's goal both in the build up and the assist.

I was close to the goal for his second, the ball from Tzolis was in the right place, and as he fell back he hooked it with his foot as he went down. Clever in a way, not the prettiest but they all count. About time we had a bit of a bruiser who can bundle it home! Definitely looks a step up from Hugill anyway.