Sign in to follow this  
city-boy

RE:is Earnshaw good enought

well i know norwich played long balls all day yesterday but is earnshaw simply good enought,

this happened continuously yesterday that earnshaw would wait for the ball to come to him and if it didnt he would look for a foul which in this division is just not good enought

earnshaw must learn quick that in the championship you dont have the time and space to piss about with the ball where in the premiership you will have that extra touch avaliable

enless earnshaw realises that he must do this,  he will be another poor signin of nigel worthington and a waste of 3.5 millon which we could of spent on another decent defender and a striker who know all about the championship game.

Earnshaw knows all about the Championship - he scored enough goals for Cardiff during his time there.

He (and Johanson) will be good IF we get a decent midfield to provide the service. He''s short of match practice and must have been shell-shocked to see how badly a large proportion of his team-mates were playing. 

I think that in a side where a creative midfield were available he would score goals for fun.Especially in the Fizzy!!!

Unfortunately the words midfield and creative do not mix at Norwich at this given moment in time, he is reliant on the big clog upfield and hoping to get on the end of it!!!

Well it certainly  aint going to be a mammoth ariel battle for any championship defence is it??

Also remember he was scoring goals for Cardiff prior to his journey to WBA. That also said Cardiff were probably as poor us us at that stage also. 

So yes I think he will be a success at Norwich... When we get our act together and the Slackers start to perform.....They know who they are!!!!!!!!! 

I think so, provided he doesn''t become disillusioned by the inept team around him. It''s extremely unfair to judge a player on his very 1st game, especially as we are told he is not fully match fit.

Of course Earnshaws good enough. But we need to face facts Thierry Henry would stuggle in our team because he wouldnt get any service,

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

Of course Earnshaws good enough. But we need to face facts Thierry Henry would stuggle in our team because he wouldnt get any service,

[/quote] [:)] Voted the second Sexiest alien on the planet Zorg!!! Ran ET to a kneck and kneck finish!!!! Told you he was''nt WELSH

As i''ve said in previous posts, if Earnshaw isn''t a success at Norwich it will be due to the type of football we play and not because he isn''t good enough. He scored goals for fun at Cardiff and scored a few at West Brom too. His hold up play isn''t the best so we need to give him service he can thrive on i.e. passes and through balls. If we don''t then of course he will look ordinary!

agreed alex.. a striker is only as good as the serveice he receives... u could have Ronaldinho in the team but if he doesnt get the ball then he isnt going to score is he?

at the moment if u judge A striker on service then Earnie should, by rights, be crap for us... he wont get the service here he needs... he will have to make his own chances.. and not many strikers can do that... Rooneys the only one i can think of

jas :)

Look - he has had one game for us and had no service - how can we tell yet whether he is good enough?  Give the bloke some time; yes he looked like he lacked match fitness and had little impact but when we see him getting some service we may then see him play to his ability...