Cook - First appearance this season due to injury, 
Rossi - 3 Championship appearances this season 
Kilkenny - 4 Championship appearances this season
Pearson - 2 Championship appearances
Taylor - 0 Championship appearances
Brooks - 2 Championship appearances 
Marcondes - 4 Championship appearances
Rogers - Just signed

How many of those have actually had substantial league experience? Pearson. Cook. Brooks. Marcondes. 

This was a substantially weakened Bournemouth side and we should have been disappointed if we hadn't have come away with a substantial victory. It most definitely doesn't allow a free pass to start against Leicester

Give your brain a rest mate. I'm imagining the logical obstacle course it's had to work its way through to turn tonight's emphatic victory into a negative. It must be knackered.

Edited by canarydan23

18 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think the formation works better - that’s the main take away. 

I didnt go to the game but all reports suggest it was the same formation?

16 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Absolute nonsense. This season; 

Nyland - Debut
Camp - Debut
Rogers - Just signed

How many of those have actually had substantial league experience? Pearson. Cook. Brooks. Marcondes. 

This was a substantially weakened Bournemouth side and we should have been disappointed if we hadn't have come away with a substantial victory. It most definitely doesn't allow a free pass to start against Leicester

So in short that line up is either experienced or has been chosen by Scott Parker to play in either all, or the majority of, their 4 Championship first team games this season. Keep banging the reserve team stick though, my Bournemouth supporting mate disagrees with you 👍

27 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Nyland - Debut
Camp - Debut
Rogers - Just signed

Gunn- debut
Williams- debut, signed yesterday U23
Zimmermann- first appearance this season 
Omobamidele- 8 Champs appearances ever, first this season U23
Mumba- 2 Champs appearances ever U23
Sorenson- first appearance this season U23
Rupp- 3 appearances this season
McLean- first start since May
Tzolis- first appearance ever, debut U23
Dowell- first start this season
Sargent- first start this season U23

I don't really care- we just won 6-0- but it wasn't like we had last seasons Champions playing against Bournemouth u18s. Out of context, we also look like we played a reserve team.

1 minute ago, canarydan23 said:

Give your brain a rest mate. I'm imagining the logical obstacle course it's had to work its way through to turn tonight's emphatic victory into a negative. It must be knackered.

It's called being realistic, mate. You need to give your head a wobble if you think playing this exact eleven against one of the best teams in this country is a good idea. That's what this thread is about - not about whether this is a good victory (it plainly is, with a huge number of positives). 

Perhaps contribute to the discussion at hand rather than make some load of crap up about me trying to be negative?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

So in short that line up is either experienced or has been chosen by Scott Parker to play in either all, or the majority of, their 4 Championship first team games this season. Keep banging the reserve team stick though, my Bournemouth supporting mate disagrees with you 👍

Nonsense again.

11x 4 = 44

This team has a total of 15 out of 44 potential appearances to their name. 

This was a weak Bournemouth side. Irrespective if your mate thinks otherwise.

3 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I don't really care- we just won 6-0- but it wasn't like we had last seasons Champions playing against Bournemouth u18s. Out of context, we also look like we played a reserve team.

And the point I'm making is it's one thing playing a reserve side against this poor Bournemouth side, it's another entirely to face off in the Premier League against one of the best sides in this country with it.

For me, there will be two changes. McLean will come in for Rupp, Williams in for Dimi.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Nonsense again.

11x 4 = 44

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we won 6-0, I've got nothing to moan about, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

33 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Nyland - Debut
Camp - Debut
Rogers - Just signed

Compare that to how many of our players had appeared before tonight? 

I agree it’s a bit of hyperbole to suggest we just go with this 11. But quite a few are now in contention,

let’s face it we’ve had plenty of years when a similar strength City 11 has tamely gone out to a lower league side in this competition!

Just now, canarydan23 said:

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, we won 6-0, I've got nothing to moan about, waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

LOL. Is the 23 in your username your IQ? 

6 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

It's called being realistic, mate. You need to give your head a wobble if you think playing this exact eleven against one of the best teams in this country is a good idea. That's what this thread is about - not about whether this is a good victory (it plainly is, with a huge number of positives). 

Perhaps contribute to the discussion at hand rather than make some load of crap up about me trying to be negative?

Look! I've even underlined it so your tiny little mind can't miss it.

Just now, It's Character Forming said:

Compare that to how many of our players had appeared before tonight? 

I agree it’s a bit of hyperbole to suggest we just go with this 11. But quite a few are now in contention,

let’s face it we’ve had plenty of years when a similar strength City 11 has tamely gone out to a lower league side in this competition!

How many of them have been fit to do so? COVID, injuries, recently signed players, etc etc. 

Bournemouth had their entire squad to pick from without the disruption we've very rightly pointed out has really hampered our pre-season and early form. 

Again, not disputing this was a performance with a lot of merit. What I'm saying it's ridiculous to suggest we throw this exact side in against Leicester. 

Tzolis has earned a crack, I guess Cantwell goes on the right, but then where does Rashica go? Wouldn't be averse to giving Sargent a go too.

I accept the argument for Williams, but Giannoulis needs to be left to build a partnership with Tzolis again.

Mumba is also increasingly looking like a very canny piece of business.

Edited by TheGunnShow

1 minute ago, TheGoogler said:

Nonsense again.

11x 4 = 44

Irrespective of the fact you only appear on this message board when you fancy an argument, it doesn’t matter whether you view it as a weak Bournemouth side - they are *current* first team players and squad players, which funnily enough is exactly what made up our line up tonight too 👍

I appreciate the sentiment of the thread. Obviously it's unrealistic to simply start this 11 and it's a massive disservice to our regular first team given the huge difference in quality of the opposition. But there was a fair amount of quality and desire on display tonight which we've been missing.

I think that the midfield looks better on the ball and more dynamic without Lees-Melou so I would like to see Sorensen or McLean starting. And Tzolis appears to be vastly superior to Rashica so I would be bringing him in as well.

15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I didnt go to the game but all reports suggest it was the same formation?

Sorenson was a cdm protecting back four  - Gilmour is not. We play a flat midfield with gilmour and no real cdm or 10. Formation shifted in significant way due to personnel 

Just now, Dean Coneys boots said:

Sorenson was a cdm protecting back four  - Gilmour is not. We play a flat midfield with gilmour and no real cdm or 10. Formation shifted in significant way due to personnel 

Gilmour did play at the base though in the prior games with Rupp and PLM ahead of him. Gilmour, as per his heat map in both games, was actually very disciplined and held that defensive midfield position.

Sörensen must be the one of the calmest, quietest, most unflustered players in a long time to wear our kit. Just quietly goes about his business, does his work with due diligence, and rarely goes below a 6.5 out of ten.

There's always room for such a consistent player in our ranks, even if he's not likely to really boss or run a game. I liked what I saw there tonight.

Edited by TheGunnShow

I know it was a weakened Bournemouth side, was mentioned on both the Pink un and Radio Norfolk commentary. I still feel it was a very impressive performance and result though. 

Williams in for Giannoulis

McLean in for Rupp

Sargent in for Pukki

Think it will be a while until Tzolis starts as Farke has said he won’t rush him in. I do believe we will see him come off the bench on Saturday though.

Hopefully we will get something against the Foxes, who have lost Perez to a red v West Ham and a defender to a broken leg in pre-season 

How strange that in this thread one K Dowell barely merits a mention yet some of his passing was sublime and he was instrumental in at least two of the goals. Of course Sargent and Tzolis grabbed the headlines but make no mistake Dowell is the new Vrancic and needs to be given time in the PL to prove his undoubted ability. P Davitt waxed lyrical about the boy in his summary and rightly so.

• Like 1

Just now, Alex Moss said:

Irrespective of the fact you only appear on this message board when you fancy an argument, it doesn’t matter whether you view it as a weak Bournemouth side - they are *current* first team players and squad players, which funnily enough is exactly what made up our line up tonight too 👍

LOL. The bold line just shows you don't think before you post, do you?

OH WE WON 6-0 THIS IS THE BEST NORWICH SIDE EVER WE HAVE TO PLAY THIS SIDE FOREVER AND EVER WOW WHAT A PERFORMANCE.

Just take a step back from the keyboard. Breath.

This eleven just beat a **** Bournemouth 6-0. As you pointed out - this eleven are our squad players too, some barely having got their foot through the door.

This performance absolutely justifies one or two changes, with two or three definitely knocking on the door.

It does not justify wholesale change from the last Premier League game.

That's all I'm saying. Doesn't have to be an argument. Just accept the fallacy of what you're saying in the heat of the moment - and move on. 

1 minute ago, Petriix said:

I appreciate the sentiment of the thread. Obviously it's unrealistic to simply start this 11 and it's a massive disservice to our regular first team given the huge difference in quality of the opposition. But there was a fair amount of quality and desire on display tonight which we've been missing.

I think that the midfield looks better on the ball and more dynamic without Lees-Melou so I would like to see Sorensen or McLean starting. And Tzolis appears to be vastly superior to Rashica so I would be bringing him in as well.

Must stress, I respect each and every player that started against Man City and Liverpool respectively, Petriix. And I have fully taken into consideration that Leicester are are another step up. But all I’m saying is that I would not be adverse to seeing what we consider established players having to work to win their shirt back, I think this is what will ultimately provide us with the very best Norwich side this season. 

Just now, yellowrider120 said:

How strange that in this thread one K Dowell barely merits a mention yet some of his passing was sublime and he was instrumental in at least two of the goals. Of course Sargent and Tzolis grabbed the headlines but make no mistake Dowell is the new Vrancic and needs to be given time in the PL to prove his undoubted ability. P Davitt waxed lyrical about the boy in his summary and rightly so.

I thought he was superb tonight. A lot of what was good came through him. 

There's genuine arguments for starts for Tzolis, Cantwell, Rashica and Dowell. It's a good place to be in. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kenny Foggo said:
  • Thank God we never needed Nyland.. wow how bad!

He’s at personal fault for the 5th but Sargent closed him down so quickly to be fair.

Other than that not sure he could have done anything about the other 5.

Some interesting questions now for Farke ahead of Saturday, a great problem to have. But as others have said, there are some big players to be blended with that lot and I’d fancy a mix might end up being the perfect combination.

30 minutes ago, HazzaJet said:

I know it was a weakened Bournemouth side, was mentioned on both the Pink un and Radio Norfolk commentary. I still feel it was a very impressive performance and result though. 

Williams in for Giannoulis

McLean in for Rupp

Sargent in for Pukki

Think it will be a while until Tzolis starts as Farke has said he won’t rush him in. I do believe we will see him come off the bench on Saturday though.

Hopefully we will get something against the Foxes, who have lost Perez to a red v West Ham and a defender to a broken leg in pre-season 

A while before Tzolis starts! I’d say about 4 days. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

Its not how football works, but I imagine 2 or 3 have forced themselves into starting. 

- McLean

- Williams

- One of Tzolis / Sargent

One of the main players tonight was Rupp and some of the people already saying play the same 11 said Rupp wasn't good enough to play for us after Man City so im already seeing double standards.

I agree Hoggy. McLean was excellent in the first half, Williams looked very solid and for me Tzolis to start of the two mention. Would love to see them 3 in for Saturday.

Sargent was better second half but struggled to get involved in the first, I was really keen to see him start this Saturday but I’m actually not convinced he offered a lot more than Pukki would’ve against this lot tonight. The Bournemouth defending was absolutely atrocious at times and Pukki’s running in behind would’ve undoubtedly given them nightmares. So I’m pretty 50/50 on that one.

Overall the perfect result to hopefully kick start our season! 

54 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

And the point I'm making is it's one thing playing a reserve side against this poor Bournemouth side, it's another entirely to face off in the Premier League against one of the best sides in this country with it.

For me, there will be two changes. McLean will come in for Rupp, Williams in for Dimi.

I wasn't at the game and only listened to it today but I suspect these two changes are all that is likely for Leicester. Sargent and Tzolis must be close though. I also think we could see Gunn earlier this season than a lot expect. 

1 hour ago, TheGoogler said:

LOL. The bold line just shows you don't think before you post, do you?

OH WE WON 6-0 THIS IS THE BEST NORWICH SIDE EVER WE HAVE TO PLAY THIS SIDE FOREVER AND EVER WOW WHAT A PERFORMANCE.

Just take a step back from the keyboard. Breath.

This eleven just beat a **** Bournemouth 6-0. As you pointed out - this eleven are our squad players too, some barely having got their foot through the door.

This performance absolutely justifies one or two changes, with two or three definitely knocking on the door.

It does not justify wholesale change from the last Premier League game.

That's all I'm saying. Doesn't have to be an argument. Just accept the fallacy of what you're saying in the heat of the moment - and move on. 

I’m sorry that I’ve rattled you so much, but that is just the way it is on message boards unfortunately. We all have opinions, but no harm throwing in some facts about the current first team squad at Bournemouth from those that know better than you and I 👍