Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Start tonight’s 11 against Leicester

And let everyone else battle for their place back in the team, regardless of the name. After tonights performance I think each and every player has earned the right to the shirt, irrespective of the opposition being a Championship side. Regardless, I suspect this is going to give Farke some massive headaches in the coming days, and that can only be good for us! 

• Like 1

Biggest and best head ache after EPL games 1&2....  I posted, now we have bench options. So getting hooked after 35 mins should totally be an option now....

Edited by Norfolk Dan
Typos

5 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

And let everyone else battle for their place back in the team, regardless of the name. After tonights performance I think each and every player has earned the right to the shirt, irrespective of the opposition being a Championship side. Regardless, I suspect this is going to give Farke some massive headaches in the coming days, and that can only be good for us! 

I agree, the lads on the pitch tonight showed their worth and that they're confident enough to have a go . Opposition aside, they came up with the goals and the clean sheet.

4 minutes ago, RobNewman'sblisteringpace said:

Realistically, I think McClean and Williams probably starting.  The rest will be as you were but Tzolis and Sargent are hammering at the door.  

On what basis do you think that?

Its not how football works, but I imagine 2 or 3 have forced themselves into starting. 

- McLean

- Williams

- One of Tzolis / Sargent

One of the main players tonight was Rupp and some of the people already saying play the same 11 said Rupp wasn't good enough to play for us after Man City so im already seeing double standards.

• Like 2

Farke doesn't tend to change the league team that radically.  I think he wants to give Giannoulis a break to get confidence back.  Mclean is a favourite and doesn't let him down.  Does Sargent replace Pukki?  A lot of us would make the call but Pukki has been amazing for Farke.  Farke says he wants to introduce Tzolis gradually.  Who would he replace?  Cantwell or Rashica?  Other than that, Krul is definite number one over Gunn, Hanley and Gibson are first choice defence as is Aarons.  Gilmour is likely to be starting mostly.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheGoogler said:

Because they hammered Bournemouth's U21s? 

Let's not get ahead of ourselves.

You do realise they’re not the ‘under 21’ side, don’t you? They maybe young, but most of those that played for Bournemouth tonight have been playing in their first team fixtures this season, and the older boys like Nyland in goal are hardly awful. A very pi55ed off Bournemouth supporter has told me this himself tonight so that’s good enough for me.

The bottom line is, from our perspective, and regardless of opposition - those boys have earned the shirt tonight, and it should be theirs to lose as and when.

6 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

They have earned it - I agree 

Out of likes, Deano, but it’s nice to be in full agreement with you 👍

• Like 2

Tzolis and Sargent should make an appearance in the next league game. I would even start one of them ...

We certainly need to start with more solid and aggressive players. 

Williams in. 

Kenny in. 

Sorensen in. 

Sargent in. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Average age of Bournmouths lineup tongiht was 24 but do go on 😉

Gladly.

To get an average of 24 requires a majority of particularly young players. Considering they fielded Steve Cook (30), Ben Pearson (26), Orjan Nyland (30) and Emiliano Marcondes (26), to still have an average age of 24 shows how young and inexperienced the others must be.

Just as we have to give ourselves leeway having faced Liverpool and Man City, we have to acknowledge we played against a side that wouldn't get anywhere near Bournemouth's championship fixtures. 

1 minute ago, ROBFLECK said:

Tzolis and Sargent should make an appearance in the next league game. I would even start one of them ...

I’d start them both mate. Love Pukki etc, they’re all our lads, and I love them all, but it is absolutely *essential* we create real competition and not play players on reputation or name alone. Make every single player work for it, regardless of previous stature.

It was a great performance, but two days ago people needed reminding that the two previous champions were perhaps not the best team to judge our squad against.

This was a weakened team from a club a division below us. Who also might have just had a rubbish day at the office.

I think Tzolis is the real deal but let's not expect immediate fireworks. 

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

I’d start them both mate. Love Pukki etc, they’re all our lads, and I love them all, but it is absolutely *essential* we create real competition and not play players on reputation or name alone. Make every single player work for it, regardless of previous stature.

Got a point there m8 , I just feel we shouldn't be too rash either... they're young lads and we don't want to put too much of a burden on their shoulders. Start Tzolis and bring in Sargent for Pukki in the course of the sevond half against Leicester (depends on how the game goes naturally).

• Thanks 1

Sargent In for Pukki 

Sargent has taken the chance and scored two , Reward that Performance with a start Pukki on the bench 

Tzolis Again has Earned his Chance for a start 

They both put in Great Performances Tonight Confidence will be sky high give them a go !! 

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

You do realise they’re not the ‘under 21’ side, don’t you? They maybe young, but most of those that played for Bournemouth tonight have been playing in their first team fixtures this season, and the older boys like Nyland in goal are hardly awful. A very pi55ed off Bournemouth supporter has told me this himself tonight so that’s good enough for me.

The bottom line is, from our perspective, and regardless of opposition - those boys have earned the shirt tonight, and it should be theirs to lose as and when.

Absolute nonsense. This season; 

Nyland - Debut
Camp - Debut
Cook - First appearance this season due to injury, 
Rossi - 3 Championship appearances this season 
Kilkenny - 4 Championship appearances this season
Pearson - 2 Championship appearances
Taylor - 0 Championship appearances
Brooks - 2 Championship appearances 
Marcondes - 4 Championship appearances
Rogers - Just signed

How many of those have actually had substantial league experience? Pearson. Cook. Brooks. Marcondes. 

This was a substantially weakened Bournemouth side and we should have been disappointed if we hadn't have come away with a substantial victory. It most definitely doesn't allow a free pass to start against Leicester

27 minutes ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Gibson or Hanley back in for Zimbo but otherwise, totally agree. Farke can’t revert to his previous 11s after that display.

Zimmerman had a cracking game I thought - don't think he should start - but better than Omobamidele for sure

• Sargent and Tzolis deserve a start versus Leicester but we also need Gibson, Hanley and Cantwell back.
  • Thank God we never needed Nyland.. wow how bad!
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Kenny Foggo said:
  • Sargent and Tzolis deserve a start versus Leicester but we also need Gibson, Hanley and Cantwell back.
  • Thank God we never needed Nyland.. wow how bad!

Agree, apart from Cantwell. I'd prefer Pukki in and put Sargent in a 3 behind with Tzlois or Dowell and Rashica. 

11 minutes ago, Dean Coneys boots said:

I think the formation works better - that’s the main take away. 

absolutely this. Need that number 10 in there even if its at the cost of a more exposed back 4

For what it's worth while not Bournemouth's clear 1st team they did play 4 first team starters (marcondes, brooks, kilkenny, and rossi) and 2 1st subs (Pearson and Davis) with Mepham (regular) on as a sub. Rogers, taylor, cook, camp and Nyland were the only ones that havent started or come on as a sub for Bournemouth's first 4 championship matches.

Knowing this I'd say it was a great result against a partial first team regular champ side and provides some context of the difference in quality between the two clubs considering Rupp and Mumba were the only two with game time experience this season (albeit 2 games).

I think some of the individual performances this evening will help Farke change a few things and with Pukki not even on the bench Sargent will get the nod. Williams will replace Dimi and Mclean in for Rupp. I suspect he won’t risk more changes than that from the first 2 games, but great to see tough competition for places emerging.