Sign in to follow this  
chicken

****The Official Lapps Match Thread v Bournemouth (LC) *****

4 minutes ago, TheGunnShow said:

Another pleasing thing, odd as it sounds, is that the goals have come at pretty regular intervals. It wasn't just a surge of quick goals, just consistently proving throughout the game that we were the better side.

Also nice to see Sargent is able to force the ball to bobble over the line off any (legally) available part of his body. Sometimes we will need to be a bit ugly.

Can't get better than that. Most of the reserves got a good spell in their legs, we looked very decent indeed, we tanked up a bit of confidence after two pastings against two of the world's top teams, and we're into round 3 so more chance for those who have fewer games to stay fully match-sharp.

Does Billing really not want to leave Bournemouth for Norwich now ;) test them with a cheeky bid

• Like 1

That’ll be great for settling things down - not their complete first team, but nor was it ours.

Anyone know how Ipsw….oh, of course not😂😂😂

Nice to see the players actually looking to pay the ball to an open player rather than shot from a tight angle. Very unselfish and to be commended for such young players. Confidence result tonight. Well done on a great win.

Hello

This is the late late show from a restaurant on the Costa brava run by a penarol fan (first mention for Penarth on any city thread?). So there we have it 6 0 to.city. lots of positives. And as I pointed out a few days ago level.on points with 16th. Having played mcfc and Liverpool. The family guru whose 6 says 12th any takers 

Goodbye

4 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Does Billing really not want to leave Bournemouth for Norwich now 😉 test them with a cheeky bid

Not good enough for us mate! I think we all secretly know that, at least as a CDM anyway - I certainly wouldn’t put him in the team in front of Kenny! I hope tonight’s performance may encourage anyone that we’re trying to attract to the club in the final week though! 

2 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Not good enough for us mate! I think we all secretly know that, at least as a CDM anyway - I certainly wouldn’t put him in the team in front of Kenny! I hope tonight’s performance may encourage anyone that we’re trying to attract to the club in the final week though! 

That is a good point... We can dish it out... When it comes.together we are some pedigree ! 

Have to say I feel a lot, lot better about the season ahead after that. Not just the score line but the way we managed the game. 

we were playing a CDM to protect back 4 - take note Farke!!! 

37 minutes ago, GodlyOtsemobor said:

Wow that tzolis/Sargent partnership really looks promising!

Yeah but they won't get played together in the league. Will be same as last weekend come 3pm Saturday. Be very shocked if any different 

Good win. All positives tonight. Can’t help feeling the shape/confidence is better with a natural defensive midfielder in there. 

3 hours ago, Uncle Fred said:

Bournemouth look to have way to much for us to be able to deal with 

Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahhahahahhahahahahahahhahahahahahah!

• Like 1

Great win, just what was ordered.

Think it's quite understated the role Sargent and Sorenson played tonight. It was a sub-par Bournemouth but both showed individually some things that have been a bit lacking in our first games (again, with due acknowledgement of the difference in opposition)

I think Williams + Mclean find their way into the XI at the weekend, but I think Cantwell + Pukki will have to make a show of being up to it- we have two expensive young signings who are banging on the door now, having wasted no time at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

At a tangent, the scorers in the Swansea vs Plymouth game are Shirley and Williams...

Shirley you can't be serious?

5 minutes ago, Canary Jedi said:

How was Gunny in goal, much to do?

Bournmouth had one shot on target all match which he saved.

Will say his kicking and passing seemed much better than Kruls, although we have known for a long time that that is Kruls main weakness

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

Enjoyed seeing CR bouncing .
Great result . 
Bournmouth were utter dross . 
We played expansive championship football - terrific reminder of how good we are against a low press side who chased shadows all night 

What it told me about how we will fare against stronger , higher press , more efficient on the break Prem sides I have absolutely no idea . There were times tonight where we committed   players in advance of the ball and lost possession. We were not punished but I suspect it will be different against Prem sides .

Shame about Mumba. He didn’t look good at the end after a decent performance. 

And what Ben Pearson has done to annoy Parker we can only guess🤣

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Creedence Clearwater Couto said:

Sounds like his link up play was good, and moved it faster than Krul. 

I rate gunn better than krul. Sorry timmy