Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

"Tzolis has potential to be one of the best in the world""

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

They've clearly got the mid to long term plan in mind with every signing. Suggesting that there's an element of acceptance to relegation this season.

No… no and no again. 

Webber and Farke have both said that our aim now is to stay in this league. The mission has changed from being a "top 26 team"

Massive room for growth, I think he will just get feta and feta.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 1902 said:

Massive room for growth, I think he will just get feta and feta.

That's pretty funny as it Athens. 

For a young, pacey winger, he looks exceptionally composed,  which is often the hardest part in coaching his type of player.

3 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Calling it now, he's going to be better than Buendia... 😨

Can you imagine, if after all the stick the usual suspects on here gave the club, that turned out to be true? 😅

Not that it would stop them and their egos. In 3 years time we would sell Tzolis for £100m and the same posters would post the same nonsense.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ken Hairy said:

Calling it now, he's going to be better than Buendia... 😨

I think he's going to be the spiritual successor to Buendia, that's for sure. A very, very impressive debut.

• Like 1

Great start. That said, quality of opposition was poor. Remember Idah's hat trick? How he was going to replace Teemu in short order? Or Teemu's hat trick against Newcastle in 2019? He was even player of the month in PL. What happened?

Paddy David's 10/10 rating is rather symptomatic of ignoring context in favor of hopes and dreams.

Let's start him against Leicester and see how he does in PL. I rate a solid turn in that game more than his 4 goals involvements against Bournemouth.

24 minutes ago, Upo said:

Great start. That said, quality of opposition was poor. Remember Idah's hat trick? How he was going to replace Teemu in short order? Or Teemu's hat trick against Newcastle in 2019? He was even player of the month in PL. What happened?

Paddy David's 10/10 rating is rather symptomatic of ignoring context in favor of hopes and dreams.

Let's start him against Leicester and see how he does in PL. I rate a solid turn in that game more than his 4 goals involvements against Bournemouth.

I think you can only give a rating based on that game and that opposition though. Considering it was his debut and the amount of trouble he caused, plus the end product, I'd say 10/10 was fair in my opinion! 

1 hour ago, Upo said:

Let’s not do him a disservice on the basis that the opposition was poor (still top end of the Championship though). It’s no different to seeing a sh1t hot drummer in a fairly average pub band - you can instantly tell when someone’s got that X factor or not.

Credit to Stuart Webber for flogging a player for £40mil and replacing him with the next potential superstar off the conveyer belt for just £10mil. And adding Josh Sargent for another £10mil. That is very smart business I would say.

1 hour ago, Mello Yello said:

"Things can only get feta"....We can all but D'REAM....

Underrated comment, this. Superb from Chris Jolly last night. Was a joy to be there to witness it.

Anyone know how to not get carried away?

12 hours ago, hogesar said:

Can you imagine, if after all the stick the usual suspects on here gave the club, that turned out to be true? 😅

Not that it would stop them and their egos. In 3 years time we would sell Tzolis for £100m and the same posters would post the same nonsense.

Your calling other people’s egos? Fair enough. 

3 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Your calling other people’s egos? Fair enough. 

Touched a nerve have I?

15 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Let’s not do him a disservice on the basis that the opposition was poor (still top end of the Championship though). It’s no different to seeing a sh1t hot drummer in a fairly average pub band - you can instantly tell when someone’s got that X factor or not.

Credit to Stuart Webber for flogging a player for £40mil and replacing him with the next potential superstar off the conveyer belt for just £10mil. And adding Josh Sargent for another £10mil. That is very smart business I would say.

I felt the same about this fella. 

image.png.2a534f9d1508c79a0bd87da03642a3a3.png

On 24/08/2021 at 12:44, hogesar said:

Again, Farkes proven he knows what he's doing on this. That you can't see the reasoning but Farke maybe can is hardly surprising.

Stock reply from you.

Edited by keelansgrandad

5 hours ago, markdmhoward said:

I think you can only give a rating based on that game and that opposition though. Considering it was his debut and the amount of trouble he caused, plus the end product, I'd say 10/10 was fair in my opinion! 

That's fair though I still disagree. I think his performance warrants a 9 but we should rate his prospects as "10". The problem is that if you get 10 for beating up an out of shape Bournemouth, what happens if he does "just ok" in PL? A one match wonder? That can mess with a young players' mind. The risk with these young guns are hyperinflating expectations which lead to unnecessary disappointments, and you spend a year trying to balance potential with reality like with Idah.

4 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

You have a point, but aren't you worried that blowing this performance out of all proportions could backfire if  things don't work out as well against PL tier opponents? I'm sort of seeing a scenario where he'll be "found out" by top tier opposition and suddenly he doesn't look superhuman. We need to give him time. Remember Gilmour was hyped to the Moon after Scotland's game against England and and now we're not sure he even starts for us. I mean he is fantastic going forward but lacks toughness and experience to defend. Expectations must be checked against reality.

OK, After raining on this parade I need to confess that it is really hard to not get swept up by the excitement. It was the perfect game to clear the ManC disappointment and Tzolis was key to it. I hope he starts against Leicester. After that match we'll be a lot wiser.

Edited by Upo

4 hours ago, Midlands Yellow said:

No honestly not, it’s the irony of it. 

Ah, but unlike those I refer to, I'm happy to be proven wrong, of which there are plenty of examples between me and other posters who get on just fine. 

Maybe it's something to do with you...

• Thanks 1

Still extremely early days, but when ever we’ve seen hype trains derailed normally you can go back and look at the performances in hindsight and see where a degree of luck has helped them pulled together a good flash in the pan moment before being found out. 

Whilst I’m not ready to claim he’s this or that, I would suggest having watched him live and then the highlights we have someone with a lot of potential. For me the assist for the Rupp goal actually being the most telling; it was a one touch pass to lay it on a plate for Rupp. You could argue his first goal had a bit of fortune, but Rhea first assist and movement suggested we could see him become a really important player for us.

That said, he still comes on in the 60th for me, especially if we are still at 0-0, the buzz it would create in the stadium and giving him a chance to run at tired defenders could be the perfect introduction to league football.