Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Brandon Williams signs on loan

Welcome aboard, some much welcomed cover at fullback, especially after the defensive disasters Dimi has had this season, will have to up his game now!

Now, let's finally sign a decent DM to replace Skipp...!

Interesting to see all the Man United fans going on about how happy they are he's gone, how awful he is and how he's one of the worst players they have ever seen play for them..

So given how deluded and wrong they often are I have no doubt he's gonna be massive for us!

Edited by cambridgeshire canary

12 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

Interesting to see all the Man United fans going on about how happy they are he's gone, how awful he is and how he's one of the worst players they have ever seen play for them..

So given how deluded and wrong they often are I have no doubt he's gonna be massive for us!

My mate supports Man U, he said of Williams "He is good! A couple of seasons ago he played almost 20 games for United, he is strong defensively and quick as well. He has played left and right back Pretty convincingly" 

Good signing, we’ve got a strong set of fullbacks now and all should be pushing each other to start.

5 minutes ago, Costessey Posse said:

My mate supports Man U, he said of Williams "He is good! A couple of seasons ago he played almost 20 games for United, he is strong defensively and quick as well. He has played left and right back Pretty convincingly" 

All I have heard is he's quite the ****houser, somewhat like Andrew Robertson is. A walking yellow card, never backs down and loves a good hanbags at dawn.

... Which sounds like what we need to be fair

• Like 2

I welcome him, but i really hope we prioritise our own players development. 

Every signing we've made so far, are hopefuls that need work at this level.  I don't see why that position in particular warrants another hopeful that we lose at end of season.  

We could've kept the loan card up our sleeve 'if' we need some experience to come in January.  Having Skipp was as much a blessing last season, as it is a curse this season.   Filling that CDM position was a necessity as the time, left/right back right now - not so much.

Of course, if we address CDM it makes sense, he gets stuck in... But times running out, and I can see us needing a loan in Jan when someone like Gibson is laid out for months.

Edited by Google Bot

Despite what Manure fans are saying, I welcome this signing. The boy gets stuck in which is exactly what is lacking amongst many of the current team judging by Saturday's abject surrender.

Looks like a good solid loan signing to me. Obviously we needed cover at full back. By getting Williams in on loan we save money for the other signings which we are hopefully going to make before the deadline.

23 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

The boy gets stuck in which is exactly what is lacking amongst many of the current team judging by Saturday's abject surrender.

Would've been 2 Pens and a sending off vs Jesus then? 🙂

I think this is a good signing. A natural LB who can also operate on the right. Giannoulis is our only natural LB, Aarons, Byram, and Mumba can operate on either flank but Giannoulis is questionable after his performance on Saturday, Byram is far too injury prone, and Mumba is inexperienced.

I seriously doubt he’s a poor signing. If he doesn’t look great at Old Trafford it would probably just be because he’s outclassed by Luke Shaw, as he’s only 20 and already made 50 first team appearances for the Red Devils

Isn't Williams a right footed LB? He seems comfortable on either.

He is very feisty, I imagine him relishing training matches against Todd 😉

1 hour ago, Costessey Posse said:

I still don't get why Sorensen isn't playing, when he's our only CDM. He seems to have a cool head

Barring an injury crisis it looks as though he might be having a quiet season. He might be a bit too cool. I think Farke is starting to favour players with a bit of fire in their belly.

39 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Isn't Williams a right footed LB? He seems comfortable on either.

He is very feisty, I imagine him relishing training matches against Todd 😉

The new Denis Irwin? I wonder can he crack in a free kick.

2 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Barring an injury crisis it looks as though he might be having a quiet season. He might be a bit too cool. I think Farke is starting to favour players with a bit of fire in their belly.

Not sure there. Lungi was one of those hit with Covid after all. He's probably recovered quicker than Placheta, but not to the extent of getting the gig.

Does this mean Byram will be released? He’s been here for three years and most of that time injured!

It’s good to have three really strong young wing backs who can push each other’s performances. Decent signing good luck and hopefully he might fall in love with our club….

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Does this mean Byram will be released? He’s been here for three years and most of that time injured!

Doubt signing a loan player will trigger a permanent ones release.

Plus I'm sure if we were going to release Byram we would have done before start of season

6 hours ago, Google Bot said:

I welcome him, but i really hope we prioritise our own players development. 

Every signing we've made so far, are hopefuls that need work at this level.  I don't see why that position in particular warrants another hopeful that we lose at end of season.  

We could've kept the loan card up our sleeve 'if' we need some experience to come in January.  Having Skipp was as much a blessing last season, as it is a curse this season.   Filling that CDM position was a necessity as the time, left/right back right now - not so much.

Of course, if we address CDM it makes sense, he gets stuck in... But times running out, and I can see us needing a loan in Jan when someone like Gibson is laid out for months.

I think you answered your own question mate 

we prioritised our own players (cantwell, Aarons) and loan players development (skipp) last season which is why we have got a reputation of being able to develop young talent and clubs like Man Utd, Chelsea and Spurs send us their prospects 

I disagree we needed some decent cover at full back as Aarons Giannoulis with Mumba in support is not enough and there is still plenty of time to address the DM role 

I was a bit bemused by this one when it first broke but after Saturday I can see the merit in having another full back option and by all accounts he has a bit of fighting spirit in him which is no bad thing for our squad. I wonder if sometimes we might play him and Dimi in tandem. 

7 hours ago, HazzaJet said:

I think this is a good signing. A natural LB who can also operate on the right. Giannoulis is our only natural LB, Aarons, Byram, and Mumba can operate on either flank but Giannoulis is questionable after his performance on Saturday, Byram is far too injury prone, and Mumba is inexperienced.

I seriously doubt he’s a poor signing. If he doesn’t look great at Old Trafford it would probably just be because he’s outclassed by Luke Shaw, as he’s only 20 and already made 50 first team appearances for the Red Devils

Don’t think we should write Gianoulis off as he was good v Liverpool but there may be certain games where we need to sacrifice his attacking flair for a bit more solidity. 

I love the way Giannoulis is be written off because of one bad game vs one of the best in Europe, when the previous week many had him down as MOTM vs Liverpool. Sums our fans up at times though 🙄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

A very good addition, a bit of steel that is much needed and he has nice hair just like Cantwell they should get on well together.

Edited by Nawich Fann

Just reminded myself, isn't it Greece who play with 2 leftbacks, with Gianoullis further forward? 

I also think we could stick Williams in the midfield if we're protecting a lead in a game. Just don't tell Man Utd, although they'll be delighted at this loan anyway.