Sign in to follow this  
spencer 1970

How much have we spent?...ever!

...surely one legendary statto on here knows or has an idea of what we've spent on player tranfer fees in our history, OR do you know a way of working it out? It cant be more than £1m, £2m tops before 1980 right?

A = £270m since 1992. I'm not a "Premaphile", its just the data is a tad sketchy before that. I doubt its over £280m in our history.

Man City's bench against Spurs cost £362m, so nearly 100m more then we've ever spent. #letsstoptheknickerspillages

Edited by spencer 1970
brain fog

1 hour ago, spencer 1970 said:

A = £270m since 1992. I'm not a "Premaphile", its just the data is a tad sketchy before that. I doubt its over £280m in our history.

Man City's bench against Spurs cost £362m, so nearly 100m less then we've ever spent. #letsstoptheknickerspillages

Nearly £100 million MORE than we've ever spent!

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Nearly £100 million MORE than we've ever spent!

What is your point exactly? Are you aware of a member of the Saudi royal family trying to buy Norwich City? 

35 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

What is your point exactly? Are you aware of a member of the Saudi royal family trying to buy Norwich City? 

Ssshhhhhhhh...................... they got rebuffed from Newcastle so they're looking elsewhere alright. 

Keep it quiet though - a nods as good as a wink to a blind bat. 

3 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

That site cannot be relied upon.

I mean, did we really pay over £1.1m for Conor McGrandles?  And over £7m for Wildschut?

There is no accurate source for calculating total fees, paid or received. It is all guesswork.

No idea about McGrandles but Wildschut doesn't sound far out based on the accounts at the time. 

3 minutes ago, dylanisabaddog said:

No idea about McGrandles but Wildschut doesn't sound far out based on the accounts at the time. 

From EDP

"The Dutch midfielder was the last big statement of intent from Alex Neil, in the January 2017 transfer window. Neil limped on for another two months but Wildschut to this stage hardly looks a lasting legacy to cherish - albeit the headline sums bandied around when he arrived from Wigan on that particular deadline day are well wide of the mark."

"By his own admission, Wildschut never delivered the quality City fans were expecting after his £4million move to Carrow Road. Although the deal was reported at being worth £7m, that figure included add-ons that were never activated."

20 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

That site cannot be relied upon.

I mean, did we really pay over £1.1m for Conor McGrandles?  And over £7m for Wildschut?

There is no accurate source for calculating total fees, paid or received. It is all guesswork.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/28966896

The Bairns say they have received a club record fee for the 18-year-old, reportedly worth up to £1m.

Edited by spencer 1970

"worth up to £1m"

I wonder how many of the add-ons were triggered by his 13-minute Norwich career?

Falkirk's previous club record was £460k.

The minutae is irrelevant.  Transfermkt is the Wikipedia for football but no evidence or sources are required for the info they publish.

At a tangent, a bizarre 'story' in the Mail about how covid hit the finances of EPL clubs in the 2019-20 season, which includes this spectacularly wrong 'fact':

Each club, aside from the three teams who had been promoted to the top flight for the 2019-2020 season, saw a drop in revenue. The 17 teams lost £618m combined. Aston Villa, Sheffield United and Norwich, who all benefitted from new lucrative TV deals, were excluded. They recorded respective profits of £59m, £85m and £122m.

We had turnover, ie income, of just under £120m and made a pre-tax profit of £2.1m.

1 minute ago, PurpleCanary said:

At a tangent, a bizarre 'story' in the Mail about how covid hit the finances of EPL clubs in the 2019-20 season, which includes this spectacularly wrong 'fact':

Each club, aside from the three teams who had been promoted to the top flight for the 2019-2020 season, saw a drop in revenue. The 17 teams lost £618m combined. Aston Villa, Sheffield United and Norwich, who all benefitted from new lucrative TV deals, were excluded. They recorded respective profits of £59m, £85m and £122m.

We had turnover, ie income, of just under £120m and made a pre-tax profit of £2.1m.

McNally must have left a template LBA kicking around somehere. Make a few updates & fire one off!

Kerching

Come on Purple, when you've been in business as long as we have, there are enough "leaders" out there that interchange revenue for profits to suit their agenda.  

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, NewNestCarrow said:

"worth up to £1m"

I wonder how many of the add-ons were triggered by his 13-minute Norwich career?

Falkirk's previous club record was £460k.

The minutae is irrelevant.  Transfermkt is the Wikipedia for football but no evidence or sources are required for the info they publish.

Ok, I'll not estimate with an actual figure for fear of a lawsuit. As you were, I'll not take this to court as I'm worried you know my ex wifes divorce lawyer. He was called Mr Pedanti if I remember. 

Edit: Norwich have spent somewhere in the region of 1/4 of a billion in their history. Approximately £100m less than Man City's bench last week.